[PC] I just... opened a tree like a container.

vergilsparda

???? I'm flabbergasted. What the hell did I just witness?

The mods that you can see on screen are AGF's HUD Plus, OCB Pin Recipes+ More Waypoint Icons, Vehicle Madness (the tanker), and there's a few more (like my own in universe junk mod among others by Khaine and bdubyah), but none of them add in tree containers, at least not to my knowledge. They're all miscellaneous gameplay mods geared towards zombies or crafting, and a few config tweaks that remove the weapon/armor/item tiers being locked behind game stage. I also received the "NullReferenceException: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object." error in red when it occurred, as if it wasn't supposed to happen.

(Thing on the left-hand side with the percentages is just Xbox Game Bar's Performance widget, I always have it up when playing 7 Days to monitor if anything goes above like, 80%, it's inconsequential and does nothing to the game.)

I'm posting this here, instead of the bug report topic, because I have no idea if it's vanilla or not and I'd rather not clutter it up with something that isn't (as if I'm not cluttering the discussion thread with this). I've never seen this before in my life. I think my game is just cursed at this point.

Spoiler

help.thumb.png.de62cb302fdab3bcbe658e2cac9508a6.png

4 hours ago, theFlu said:

It happens, rarely. Something like the decorations-phase slapped a loot container (bird's nest, trash, you can guess by the loot you got) and a tree in the same spot and birthed a lootable tree.

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

If you find a zombie egg, do NOT let a chicken sit on it for 3 minutes.  /shudder

2 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Happens when something like a bird nest and a tree get spawned in the same space.

But if you want to be able to loot it and not get NREs, you need to build a shrine around it and worship it as the holy magic tree that it is. ;)

bdubyah n theflu: that's actually so @%$#ing cool, I'm definitely building a shrine around it just because it's so rare

maharin, i'm so sorry but it's too late and now i have this baby zombie chicken that wont stop following me around and trying to bite my ankles 😔