Game freezes on Horde night (Alpha 18.4)

ProlificPoultry

8 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I am probably going to have to install 18.4 and give it a shot to see if I can recreate the issue.  Unless someone else sees something I am missing or has an idea to try.

Thank you. I’m kind of out of ideas though someone else mentioned that it might be a memory issue, but 32 max alive still froze my game so i guess I could try lower than that. It’s just that I haven’t had issues with this in the past. I have been playing this version of the game alongside my alpha 20 for about a year now and I haven’t had any issues, not once except for the bugs native to that version of the game. (Ahem* electricity) I started a new save as of yesterday but I’m going to keep trying this save because I’m still attached. My memory test was good according to windows and my pc doesn’t overheat during horde night. However just in case I am going to try and clean my computer a little bit, and possibly play with the paging file size again, though it was still freezing even with the size being increased. 

This is so strange. Shouldn’t an older version of the game run better? Even with all the craziness in alpha 18 hordes it runs so much better until it freezes than even a standard horde night in A20. 

The only thing that I can think of is under the setting in serverconfig.xml, disablednetworkprotocals has no value. I would type in “steamnetworking” without the quotes. This should force litenetlib protocal which is much less laggy. What I’m not sure about is if litenetlib was an active network protocal in A18. Secondly, if you haven’t done so, set your paging file size to “Let Windows decide” or whatever the wording.

22 hours ago, Star69 said:

The only thing that I can think of is under the setting in serverconfig.xml, disablednetworkprotocals has no value. I would type in “steamnetworking” without the quotes. This should force litenetlib protocal which is much less laggy. What I’m not sure about is if litenetlib was an active network protocal in A18. Secondly, if you haven’t done so, set your paging file size to “Let Windows decide” or whatever the wording.

I checked my serverconfig.xml (where the alpha 18 files are) and disabled networkprotocals already has SteamNetworking. This is how its written in the xml : <property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value="SteamNetworking"/>

Should I remove the quotes and put it lowercase? I have no idea what this does or if it will do anything so I'm at your mercy here. Also I have the paging file size set to windows decides. I had manually set it a while ago but its been switched back for a few weeks now.

Edited by ProlificPoultry (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

The serverconfig is for running a dedi server. It doesn't effect your SP game.

That is my fault…..thinking we were dealing with a server. Ignore my suggestion. I need to stop commenting when I’m sleep-deprived lol.