When are they fixing this god awful server browser ?

Cragz UK

Hi, has anything said about fixing the server browser which they badly messed up in a previous release ? Servers often don't show in list unless you search by name, browser only shows a max of 174 and gives a red warning saying max results reached and lastly WTF is the refresh button ?

Its an abomination that should never have made release anyway. Are they updating this as part of A21 development or what guys ? Google and forums results didn't return such a topic which is why I am asking (a second time).

Cheers

I've not heard anything about it in a long time.

I know what you mean though. Since that change, I have never found my favorite server on the list. I just have to know the IP. It's possible my favorite became a private server, but once I make it a favorite it would be nice to at least have my own local list.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It follows the trend since A16 to make multiplayer servers less viable and to reduce the number of players who want to play multiplayer.  The devs think this is only meant to be a single player game, but they leave the ability to "play" multiplayer in since it is advertised as "multiplayer" on steam.  Legal issues and such.

On 2/7/2023 at 3:06 AM, Cragz UK said:

Hi, has anything said about fixing the server browser which they badly messed up in a previous release ? Servers often don't show in list unless you search by name, browser only shows a max of 174 and gives a red warning saying max results reached and lastly WTF is the refresh button ?

Its an abomination that should never have made release anyway. Are they updating this as part of A21 development or what guys ? Google and forums results didn't return such a topic which is why I am asking (a second time).

Cheers

Someone posted this third party server browser recently, which may be of interest.

1 hour ago, RyanX said:

It follows the trend since A16 to make multiplayer servers less viable and to reduce the number of players who want to play multiplayer.  The devs think this is only meant to be a single player game, but they leave the ability to "play" multiplayer in since it is advertised as "multiplayer" on steam.  Legal issues and such.

That’s an... interesting hypothesis. What evidence do you have in support of this claim about the dev's motives?

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

On 2/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, zztong said:

I've not heard anything about it in a long time.

I know what you mean though. Since that change, I have never found my favorite server on the list. I just have to know the IP. It's possible my favorite became a private server, but once I make it a favorite it would be nice to at least have my own local list.

Hello,
My two cents about favorites servers, I simply use web browser bookmarks that link to steam://connect/IP:PORT
The game is launching and connect automatically to the server. I don't use the in-game browser anymore.

And don't forget to backup your data from time to time :)

• SylenThunder changed the title to When are they fixing this god awful server browser ?