teragon maps

crimson_binome

image.thumb.jpeg.171237e099470c0e348e4fb3efacd0f4.jpeg

firts attempt with the new 0.50.7 using my old nice rivers preset... i like the little character at the spawn points...

#D previewer isnt working.. have downloaded the latest and installed here C:/Teragon/Teragon Previewer/Teragon Previewer.exe . When i press F4 i just get a black screen.

1 hour ago, spud42 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.171237e099470c0e348e4fb3efacd0f4.jpeg

firts attempt with the new 0.50.7 using my old nice rivers preset... i like the little character at the spawn points...

#D previewer isnt working.. have downloaded the latest and installed here C:/Teragon/Teragon Previewer/Teragon Previewer.exe . When i press F4 i just get a black screen.

Did you add Update Preview 3D to your preset?  You can test the previewer easily by loading up the Preview default preset and selecting an existing map.

i added the 3d previewer to the preset and did another map. 

i got an image of the map that appeared to have 3d models of the poi's in view but i had absolutely no control. couldnt move it or zoom out. no keyboard commands did anything......   i just realised i didnt click on capture the mouse... DOH ! 

couldnt log in to discord either... 

3 minutes ago, spud42 said:

i added the 3d previewer to the preset and did another map. 

i got an image of the map that appeared to have 3d models of the poi's in view but i had absolutely no control. couldnt move it or zoom out. no keyboard commands did anything......   i just realised i didnt click on capture the mouse... DOH ! 

couldnt log in to discord either... 

Yeah, you need to use Capture Mouse.  Everything worked after doing that?  Btw, if your computer can handle it, use Page Up multiple times to increase view distance of the POI.  It looks better, imo.  :)

What was the issue with Discord?

computer is a AMD 5800X ,32GB ram. AMD XT6800 graphics. so should handle it..

discord wouldnt accept my login kept telling me the username or password was wrong... they were not wrong...

On 7/22/2024 at 9:05 AM, spud42 said:

computer is a AMD 5800X ,32GB ram. AMD XT6800 graphics. so should handle it..

discord wouldnt accept my login kept telling me the username or password was wrong... they were not wrong...

I can't help with a login problem, unfortunately.  You might try contacting discord for help with that or create a new account.  Note that Teragon's discord uses email verification, not phone number, so you can easily create a new email just to get a new login.

And yes, you can handle maximum view distance in the 3D preview.  Worth it to max that out, imo.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Just a heads up for what to expect in the upcoming version(s).  The Help Center tab can now display the Help Text that you are used to seeing on the Expert tab.  This lets you view it in almost full screen instead of the small column on the Expert tab.  It will also include the full "online documentation", including all introduction sections, allowing you access to everything from the document within Teragon instead of only the information about commands.  Not only that, but images are coming to the Help Text.  You will now be able to see the comparison screenshots and other images from the online documentation in Teragon itself, making it easier to see what different values do when you're looking at a command on the Expert tab.  And because the Help Center tab will also include the Help Text, you will be able to see larger versions the images rather than the smaller versions you'll see on the Expert tab due to the limited space there.  This should be a significant improvement to the help text for people learning to use Teragon.  Note that the initial updates to the Help Center and Help Text in the Expert tab will not include all commands.  Those will be added as time permits to add all of the images, but you will still be able to read all of the help text on the Help Center tab even if the images aren't yet there.

As a side note, the online documentation may eventually be going away once it's incorporated within Teragon.  When it does, the "final" version of it will still be available for those who want to look at it (at least for quite a while, though it might eventually be taken down), but future updates will only be made to the Help Text within Teragon.  This makes it easier to keep the information current without inconsistencies between two different "documents".

I think everyone will find the updated help text much more useful.  Look for the initial update soon and all updates to it within maybe a few weeks (there's a lot of work I need to do to get all the images into the Help Text).  As with the online documentation, some commands may not yet have Help Text.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

I posted somewhere else, but if I want to create my own map with all my LocalPrefabs folder and all the POIs in my Mods folder how can I make sure those POIs are being used in a teragon generation? 

Just point to the location with Add Source Path.