teragon maps

crimson_binome

For anyone else, here are screenshots of what to do to disable bridges in Teragon:

DISABLING BRIDGES IN TERAGON

To disable bridges, go to the Expert tab as shown in the screenshots.  Select the Read POI Property List command on the right column.  You should see the list of bridge parts listed as shown.  Add // before those three lines as shown in the second screenshot.  Save your preset so you don't have to remember to do this again.  When you want to use bridges again, just remove the // from those three lines.

BridgeBefore.png

BridgeAfter.png

2 minutes ago, Evil_Geoff said:

Washington, DC area.  Custom height map made with US Geological Survey public source info.  Run through Teragon using the Create Environmental Biomes setting.  No rivers, Sea Level at 5, Flat Water map at 8.

preview.jpg

Very nice!  Are those custom tiles in the cities?

I'm working on a Washington Monument prefab, because this is going to end up on a Fallout themed server with The Wasteland overhaul.

The view from the observation deck is rather awesome, if I do say so myself...

WashMon022.jpg

ViewE.jpg

ViewN.jpg

ViewS.jpg

ViewW.png

2 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Very nice!  Are those custom tiles in the cities?

CompoPack 48.6 presets for Teragon.  I used the CP All + Vanilla one

36 minutes ago, Evil_Geoff said:

CompoPack 48.6 presets for Teragon.  I used the CP All + Vanilla one

Just a recommendation if you are using CP... Look at the town property list they give you. Any with a maximum size greater than 8 (the second value after the town name) or set to "any" should have something set for "center".  CP doesn't do that and so you end up with towns that have empty spaces in the middle.  You can copy what it has for outskirt and put in center as well and it will work.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Any with a maximum size greater than 8 (the second value after the town name) or set to "any" should have firsts set for "center".  CP doesn't do that and so you end up with towns that have empty spaces in the middle.  You can copy what it has for outskirt and put in center as well and it will work.

Thank you for that information!  That is very useful to know.

OK, for example, in the CP All Plus Vanilla Town Property List,

"small_town;3;8;center:residential,countrytown" - is telling Teragon to set the town center tiles to residential and country town POIs. 
and
"FABBERSVILLE;5;any;outskirt:fv,fab" - doesn't tell Fabbersville to generate any tile sets in the center, so there may, or may not be any tiles in the center.

Correct?

But changing that to "FABBERSVILLE;5;any;center:fv,fab;outskirt:fv,fab" would add tiles tagged as fv or fab in the center, right?

Edited by Evil_Geoff
Correction (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Evil_Geoff said:

OK, for example, in the CP All Plus Vanilla Town Property List,

"small_town;3;8;center:residential,countrytown" - is telling Teragon to set the town center tiles to residential and country town POIs. 
and
"FABBERSVILLE;5;any;outskirt:fv,fab" - doesn't tell Fabbersville to generate any tile sets in the center, so there may, or may not be any tiles in the center.

Correct?

But changing that to "FABBERSVILLE;5;any;center:fv,fab;outskirt:fv,fab" would add tiles tagged as fv or fab in the center, right?

Mostly correct.  If there isn't anything marked as center, no tiles will be in the center.  It wouldn't be a maybe. Otherwise, yes, you are correct.

Note:

It may appear there are tiles in the center in some places, but the way it works is an outskirt tile just has to touch wilderness on one side.  You could have a tile technically in the center, but with an empty space next to it in another center area.  So it is an outskirt tile even though it is inside other tiles.

Does anyone know how make a certain town POI to appear more often. I tons of get ranch houses but only one or two Bobs boars /  Carls corn.

If anyone is interested I have a decent POI creation list for at last 50 wilderness POIs:

Flatness / Altitude / any spawns above 100

20, 20 = 34
21, 21 = 3
22, 22 = 1
30, 30 = 5
22, 18 = 7
19, 17 = 1

Of course this is my heightmap that's it based on.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

I had a question about roads. If I Photoshop my own roads and import the splat 3 roadmap with an open map and just choose import roadmap, export roadmap and export preview in the command Queue, will the roads follow the terrain and not have boulders and trees on the roads like maptoolz does?

10 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

Does anyone know how make a certain town POI to appear more often.

Copy it and rename it. For RWG that would be enough. For Teragon you would also have to provide or update the list of POIs. The copy will look like another POI to the map generators. This also means they can end up beside each other.

23 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

Does anyone know how make a certain town POI to appear more often. I tons of get ranch houses but only one or two Bobs boars /  Carls corn.

12 hours ago, zztong said:

Copy it and rename it. For RWG that would be enough. For Teragon you would also have to provide or update the list of POIs. The copy will look like another POI to the map generators. This also means they can end up beside each other.

Also note that where the POI is able to appear makes a big difference.  If you have a lot of rural tiles, you will see rural POI very often, for example.  Not really much you can do about that other than adjusting the town property list to have more districts in either outskirt or center for each type of town.  You could also add additional types of towns with varying outskirt abd center districts to get some variety from town to town.  It may help some in what you see.

And, similar to the districts, certain tiles are more likely to have certain POI due to what size POI are allowed.  If a POI is only seen on a corner or cap tile, you will see far fewer that those on a straight tile or t-intersection or cross intersection tile.  Again, there isn't a lot you can do about that... At least with vanilla tiles as I don't think you can change those.

What you could do is add more POI of the size of the ones that you feel you see too often and assign them to the same district as those POI.  It won't increase the frequency you'll see the ones that don't appear as often, but it will decrease the frequency of the ones you feel appear too often.  This assumes they are not both the same size, of course.

3 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

Does anyone know how to make a preview that shows POIs without the road map. Just the terrain and POIs.

I tried the world previewer.ini settings for a preview but it does not show the POIs.

The default preview happens before the roads already.  Is that what you mean?  You can always move that preview command to wherever you like or add an additional preview.  Use interrupt to stop after it is generated as is done in the default preview.  If you want to export a preview before roads, just put the export command that you see at the end before roads (you can add an additional one rather than moving the other).

Just now, Riamus said:

The default preview happens before the roads already.  Is that what you mean?  You can always move that preview command to wherever you like or add an additional preview.  Use interrupt to stop after it is generated as is done in the default preview.  If you want to export a preview before roads, just put the export command that you see at the end before roads (you can add an additional one rather than moving the other).

I tried this but it did not happen, it just showed and exported the terrain with no POIs. I had to make the roads to get a exported image with POIs.

I use the exported .JPG to make my own roads and now I get roads in the .JPG or just the terrain.

Here's the queue for I use:

Read World Size
Set Game Data
Add Source Path
Import Biome Map
Import Hieght Map
Read POI Property List
Import POIs
Import Player Spawn List
Import Water Map
Import Zone Map
Update Preview
Export High Res Preview
Export Preview

It does not read the POIs for some reason.

CA4ryfo.jpg

12 minutes ago, bobrpggamer said:

I tried this but it did not happen, it just showed and exported the terrain with no POIs. I had to make the roads to get a exported image with POIs.

I use the exported .JPG to make my own roads and now I get roads in the .JPG or just the terrain.

Here's the queue for I use:

Read World Size
Set Game Data
Add Source Path
Import Biome Map
Import Hieght Map
Read POI Property List
Import POIs
Import Player Spawn List
Import Water Map
Import Zone Map
Update Preview
Export High Res Preview
Export Preview

It does not read the POIs for some reason.

CA4ryfo.jpg

Does the update preview show POI?  I haven't exported and imported stuff, so don't know what works or doesn't, but I don't see why it would fail if you have the POI imported.

13 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Does the update preview show POI?  I haven't exported and imported stuff, so don't know what works or doesn't, but I don't see why it would fail if you have the POI imported.

No it does not its the same as the exported image.

X79vbYI.png

Its not importing the POIs. It takes 3 seconds to process

18 minutes ago, Evil_Geoff said:

@bobrpggamer: Its not importing the POIs. It takes 3 seconds to process.

Make sure you are importing the proper file.  You have to have a prefabs.xml file with the POIs already generated for a map IN the GAMENAME folder you are importing your heightmap, biomes, etc from.

Here is how its set:

pgYz1G9.png

h8xQK7l.png

KuggIRc.png

I give up, I am happy with the map I made and I am just adding roads manually now.

I could overlay the new roadmap I am making with the preview of the POIs and roadmaps:

NfpH2F9.jpg

But the auto gen roads will still be visible.

Ugh, last time I did my own roads was in A19.6 using the method that Tallman Brad used in his video series.  I don't *think* A20 did any major changes to what the splat3.png does in the game so the roads should be boulder/tree free.  Might still be wonky regarding up and down hills, tilted at bizarre angles to the side, etc.  I would expect them to be usable though.

I just noticed... Why do you have three import POIs in your command que? 

Edited by Evil_Geoff
Request for clarification (see edit history)

3 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

No it does not its the same as the exported image.

X79vbYI.png

Its not importing the POIs. It takes 3 seconds to process

Well, I was going to say to make sure you Update Preview command was set to include POI and that all map names matched what you imported them as.  But if you aren't seeing POI (and your Update Preview does have POIs enabled), then I'm not sure.  It would suggest that the exported POI is messed up somehow or that the import command isn't working.  Take a look at the Console tab and see if you can see any messages where you try importing the POI to see if it maybe tells you something to help determine the problem.  Worst case, just regenerate the towns (they should be the same anyhow since the seed isn't working right now for towns) and the region POIs, which may be different, but likely similar.  Other than that, asking in Discord and seeing if Pille might be able to troubleshoot it might be the next best option.

Btw, it probably wasn't anything that was fixed with version 0.38.0, but you may want to update just in case.  If nothing else, saving presets is significantly faster with 0.38.0.

1 hour ago, Evil_Geoff said:

Ugh, last time I did my own roads was in A19.6 using the method that Tallman Brad used in his video series.  I don't *think* A20 did any major changes to what the splat3.png does in the game so the roads should be boulder/tree free.  Might still be wonky regarding up and down hills, tilted at bizarre angles to the side, etc.  I would expect them to be usable though.

I just noticed... Why do you have three import POIs in your command que? 

The 3 POIs commands are there to see if at least one will work.

The roads in teragon looks great on one of my maps, so If I add the edited splat file and run the world previewer with it, I think its should export it like its one of its own generated road maps, at least I hope. otherwise I have spent hours working on the roads for nothing.

I like your avatar, I wrench everything I can too, before long I have 2000 mechanical and electrical parts that way and can sell them for a small fortune.

58 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Well, I was going to say to make sure you Update Preview command was set to include POI and that all map names matched what you imported them as.  But if you aren't seeing POI (and your Update Preview does have POIs enabled), then I'm not sure.  It would suggest that the exported POI is messed up somehow or that the import command isn't working.  Take a look at the Console tab and see if you can see any messages where you try importing the POI to see if it maybe tells you something to help determine the problem.  Worst case, just regenerate the towns (they should be the same anyhow since the seed isn't working right now for towns) and the region POIs, which may be different, but likely similar.  Other than that, asking in Discord and seeing if Pille might be able to troubleshoot it might be the next best option.

Btw, it probably wasn't anything that was fixed with version 0.38.0, but you may want to update just in case.  If nothing else, saving presets is significantly faster with 0.38.0.

I will check the console. Thank you for the idea.

I just checked the log file and I got for POIs "Number of objects 0", but in game they are all there.

I could try and run the settings again but even though the city seed is the same, I seem to get different city locations.

I also tried the default ini for world generation and I still do not get exported images without running create roads, even though at one time it did work.

Unfortunately I am not a fan of voice apps like discord, so I will hope he sets up a forum eventually.