Electric fenceposts question

bobrpggamer

4 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

It’s definitely less than that. I don’t have an exact figure but from personal experience I’d say it’s around 15 blocks. It might just be the same length you can stretch regular wires.

Yeah I had figured that, but was hoping otherwise.

50 blocks sounds way too long for a horde base, awesome for sure, but rather hard to use. If you're planning to snipe along it, just let them run the first 30.

If it's just a travel tunnel, I dunno, slap some checkpoints along the way, with a fence or two across and some wall-mounted turrets keeping the peace. :)

20 hours ago, theFlu said:

50 blocks sounds way too long for a horde base, awesome for sure, but rather hard to use. If you're planning to snipe along it, just let them run the first 30.

If it's just a travel tunnel, I dunno, slap some checkpoints along the way, with a fence or two across and some wall-mounted turrets keeping the peace. :)

Yeah, if it's 50 blocks for a horde base, you're going to wind up with zombies beating on your walls instead of going down the tunnels, most likely.  I've had that happen where I built my base too large, and the zombies just went after the wall nearest me during horde night (despite it being about 15 blocks below me) instead of through the paths I'd built for them.