Loot bags

Patlatihef

The loot bags dropped by zombies do tend to stay a very long time.  They don't seem to disappear quickly unless you open them.  Items dropped by players disappear in a minute, but I have seen loot bags last a very long time.  Are you opening them and then leaving them?  I never bother with the bags until after horde night is over and never have an issue with them disappearing unless I open them and have them.

Blood Moon Zombie loot bags will stay for 5 minutes real time (I'm not sure random loot bags dropped in the world are included in this). If you are playing on regular 60 min days, that should be plenty of time to collect them. But you have to be quick as soon as the blood moon is over. There are mods that will increase that time, like this one:

https://7daystodiemods.com/longer-loot-bags/

You should be able to install this server side.

I took a look at the entityclasses.xml. The bags despawn after 20 minutes real time. This is sufficient for a blood moon horde on a 60 minute day. If you play with a day length of 90 or 120 minutes you should use the mod and maybe even increase the value in the mod. Currently there is a value of 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I took a look at the entityclasses.xml. The bags despawn after 20 minutes real time. This is sufficient for a blood moon horde on a 60 minute day. If you play with a day length of 90 or 120 minutes you should use the mod and maybe even increase the value in the mod. Currently there is a value of 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

That sounds far more accurate than the 5 minutes suggested above from my experience.  I've left bags out for a long time after blood moon because I didn't see them and then found them later. And I play on 120 minutes days.

As I mentioned, they do seem to disappear sooner if opened, but that may be just how it seems and not really what happens. I haven't done any actual tests to find out.

20 hours ago, Riamus said:

I've left bags out for a long time after blood moon because I didn't see them and then found them later.

I suspect part of this involves traveling away from the bag and that part of the world unloading. I've come across bags days later. I tend to take on hordes in the open so bags get scattered all over the world. I'll find them days later.

For solo play, I don't usually play with an extended day (60 mins is cool) but I do extend the night so it goes from 2200 to 0600.