Adding quests to a custom POI?

Riamus

I want to see if I did this correctly or am missing something. So far, my POI doesn't show up as a quest choice, but that may just be because it's choosing others and I've only checked on two new days so far.

In the new POI, I added a quest exclamation point.  In the XML, I added a line for quest tags set to clear.  I also set the quest tier to 1.  It was set to 0, which I guess means not a quest POI, unless 0 is tier 1?  I edited my world to place it at the edge of the town I am near.  It works fine other than not yet seeing it show up as a quest.

Am I missing a step?  Do I need to somehow connect it to the trader who should give the quest?  Is there a distance limit for quests?  I'm on the edge of the town (maybe outside the expected boundaries as I didn't remove anything to replace with my POI), a ways from the trader, but across from another quest POI.  Thanks.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

I want to see if I did this correctly or am missing something. So far, my POI doesn't show up as a quest choice, but that may just be because it's choosing others and I've only checked on two new days so far.

In the new POI, I added a quest exclamation point.  In the XML, I added a line for quest tags set to clear.  I also set the quest tier to 1.  It was set to 0, which I guess means not a quest POI, unless 0 is tier 1?  I edited my world to place it at the edge of the town I am near.  It works fine other than not yet seeing it show up as a quest.

Am I missing a step?  Do I need to somehow connect it to the trader who should give the quest?  Is there a distance limit for quests?  I'm on the edge of the town (maybe outside the expected boundaries as I didn't remove anything to replace with my POI), a ways from the trader, but across from another quest POI.  Thanks.

Nope that is correct difficulty 1 is tier 1. Rally marker on poi and quest line in xml  

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

Have you tried playtesting it within the prefab editor?  If it works in there, it will help isolate the issue further.

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Have you tried playtesting it within the prefab editor?  If it works in there, it will help isolate the issue further.

Yes, it appears to work in the editor.  I just wanted to be sure if there was anything needed when manually adding it to a map.  At tier 1, there are enough locations that having it appear in the quest choice can take time, but I thought I would check while waiting just to see if I missed anything.  I appreciate the help.

12 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Nope that is correct difficulty 1 is tier 1. Rally marker on poi and quest line in xml  

Thank you. I appreciate it.

18 hours ago, Riamus said:

I just wanted to be sure if there was anything needed when manually adding it to a map.

This is just FYI. I thought maybe there was an issue with prefabs that are placed into the map by hand, rather than placed during RWG. But I looked in the code, and as long as you placed it using the standard "place" button in the world editor, then there should be no issue.

Also: This should really be moved to the "Discussions and Requests" forum.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

On 10/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, Laz Man said:

Hmm, you can also stand in front of your POI and type the console command "givequest test_sleepers"  Assuming I got the command syntax correct, it should give a clear quest for the closet POI to your position.

Thank you. I'll try that.  That's very useful.

14 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Also: This should really be moved to the "Discussions and Requests" forum.

Yeah, I realized after posting that there was a separate mods forum for questions.