ZomBiome Overhaul A20

Umbrella

Zombiome

Behold survivors !
Mother Earth has been soiled long enough by these nasty Zombies. It can stand no more and its revolt has started. Biomes won't make a distinction between the livings and the undeads.
Zombiome.thumb.png.0cf5d9bd2b9186a88f8ad08d9e7e9361.png
With a big thank to the forums' community - to all of you that help, answer questions and provide great tutorials, Umbrella proudly presents
Biome Activity
The world has around 40 apocalyptic natural disasters and biome activities,
Structured by location and biomes, alternate light episodes and crisis. A few are more "supernatural".
Spoiler
  • Volcanic eruption, Lava flows
  • Meteore strikes, starfall
  • Earthquakes, sismic ground motions, flood, geyser
  • Gaz emanations (fire, poison, freeze, enlighten, blind ... )
  • Bushfires, wissfires, electric disturbances, radiations
  • Twisters, Moving / flying / floating biome decorations, slime blocks
  • Altered physics (gravity, sizes and motion, repulsive fields, non-igniting gun powder ...)
  • Player inventory alterations (evaporate, rotten, stuck bag, filling)
  • Zombies: a few enhanced attacks, AIs and specials.
  • 13 "minibiomes", combining re-textured decorations, moving colliding particles and area buffs.

Zombiome can be tough. If you don't like what is happening around you, move and explore new areas. Observe your surroundings, some may be used to your advantage. Don't forget to learn affinity powers and craft.

Biome Affinity
Learn to control biomes by completing special challenges at epicenters.

- BiomeDust unlocks 40 powers, including aoes, pets, block/biome alterations, construction...

- 80+ craftable items to complement the BiomeDust

- A quick affinity tutorial is available at the end of the video section below.

Spoiler
  • Under new Biome Awareness attribute (no skill point needed).
  • 30+ powerful attachements for melee, guns and turrets. Some weapons (Frost harpoon, pegasus glove).
  • Modified attacks, 3rd weapon attack (charge, dodge, shield ...), vehicle actions.
  • Blocks, traps (stalagmice, slime, rooting roots, fertilizer block, elemental fields, regenerating walls ...)
  • Consumables, Equipment (bouncy shoes and armor, glasses with various detection ability ...)

Mod Usage

ZomBiome is distributed under a BSD 2 License

Unzip and copy mod folder "Zombiome" to 7 Days To Die/Mods folder

If you download repo 7Dmods, you have an extra level (zip within zip). Make sure you have a single "Zombiome" folder

eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Zombiome\Config\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Zombiome\Zombiome.dll

Current status : Experimental - Single Player only
The mod is globally stable and playable. A few errors may still occur but crashes are rare.
Version : 1.0 (Dust,Craft,AdvancedActivities), Tested Vanilla: 20.6 (b9)
Warnings
- Could mess up your saves. Duplicate your savefile or start a new game !

- Balance or performance sometimes so-so. Not yet tested by many players.

- In sismic areas, any container (and its content !) could be destroyed in a second. Landclaim/bedroll have small sismic-free zone. Think twice before chosing location of your base and chests.

Customize See REAMDE.md

- XML, change the global activity strength, and each activity weight separately.

- Zombiome commands and items can help you alter landscapes for your own edited maps.

- God-mod command for infinite affinity and color selection : "zb D" (easier Dust and item testing)

Diagnose

Spoiler
While Zombiome runs, you should periodically see a long line printed in the console (F1), starting with "ZombiomeManager update ... ".
Zombiome should *start automatically* when player spawns. If it does not, or stops for any reason, use command "zb start".
Any feedback appreciated !

Teaser / vids

Affinity system tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anyybnOnu6E

Gallery
ZBintro.thumb.png.8fff55c408b5777401c78c451c05900d.png
zbiomes0.thumb.png.a675214030f5a30cb340d9ea8600628b.png
zbiomes1.thumb.png.a9909cbce150c266734ccc7640669e73.png

BiomeDusts.thumb.png.79d32ad255ef77d46b9866c3c11dd51c.png

ZBitems.thumb.png.3ffc9d04369df52654aa1d66e1a85c97.png

Edited by Umbrella (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

Bro, the mod looks different and exciting. 

Does it have vanilla Zs or there are more ?

Thank you, I hope you have fun with it !

Zombies are not the primary focus of Zombiome, but still, you will find:

- Vanilla zombies dynamically altered by Zombiome (give them special attack, change speed, size ...).

- Around 20 special zombies or AI (ranged, explosive, fleers), some with retextured look. They are barely spawned in the world, but mostly come during epicenter challenge.

I think I need to have boss, but that's for a future release.

Edited by Umbrella (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I released important bugfix solving the 2 main errors:

- Tries to write debug info to some hard coded local files

- NPE loops on bolt explosion killing Z.

Just investigated 20 epicenters at Awareness 20 without any error :)

Thank you all for the encouragements ! @Ganeshakw I will try when I have some time spare, ty for suggestion.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, XRIPXSHADOW said:

Will this work for darkness falls since they both are overhaul mods?

Hi,

I just launched game with both DF and ZB. Iplayed for 20 mins, checking many Zombiome effects. It looked good and everything seemed ok.

During this test, folder "Zombiome" was alphabetically last in the mod list.

Since both mods add lot of content, there may exist some specific combinations that badly interact. I don't know DF so if there's anything special I should check, please let me know (for instance I spawned a npc and special Z from DF, but I didn't check any of DF quests).

If you play with both, please let me know if you experience any issue, and how contents interact.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work but does not work in MP.
Spawns Errors like:

ZombiomeManager update 1  +p * 0-#Fumes - BoomBall[-626.4514]<1/0.3181186/0>@24/3 * +0#Fumes-EjectBall[+210.1]<1/0.3659417/>@36/11 * -+#Geyser[-626.4712]<1/0.05/0>@25/3 * +0#Trap-Lines[-626.4797]<1/0.2794342/0>@37/11

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 196
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x000c1] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello WhiteLion, thanks for the feedback.

This does not surprises me. SP is now quite stable, but there's a bunch of work to make Zombiome MP friendly. I am not sure when I'll attack these devs. I was thinking more feedback and adjustments in SP first.

You can try the following : Command "zb stop" on all players (except the main one), as soon as you enter game.

In current version still, don't expect a bug free or truely playable MP game anyway.

• 1 month later...

First, thanks Umbrella for a very interesting mod!

I would like to mention a few things that seem to be bugs that I have noticed while playing now that I have reached over level 100.

1. it frequently happens that I cannot change the direction of the motorcycle with the mouse.
    I have to use a gyrocopter-like control to change direction. 

2.  Moisturizing slime cannot be created, because it is not recognized even though I have a Farm Plot Block in my backpack.

3. Cannot create a Magnetic Barrel, because the electrical component is not implemented. 

4. later, this may be a rare case, but once when I found a large cedar tree in the desert biome and investigated it, it kept giving me the following error and I could not progress.
<2023-02-02T16:21:50 3766.161 EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object>

This is the bug report.

I am using DeepL translation because I cannot speak English, so it may be difficult to understand.

I hope this mod will be more wonderful.  From Japan

この Mod を新しく始めた人がいるのでリンク張っておきます。

だいたい一日に一つの動画が公開されるはずです。

https://youtu.be/83sAOVSb3rY

Sorry, I copied and pasted the Japanese one.

I'm linking this Mod to a new person who started it.

Approximately one video should be released per day.

https://youtu.be/83sAOVSb3rY

Hello Garigari.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, yt link, and encouragements. I am impressed you could get to lvl 100 without understanding english, and was not planning to localize to japanese yet :)

The 3 first bugs sound easy to fix, but for the 4th I would need more details to reproduce it (map size, seed, player name and location). How many times did it happen ? Could you identify nearby activities ? Was it close to map border ? I hope you used creative mod for the magnetic barrel, it's quite fun to play.

What was your feeling about difficulty ? How many epicenters did you survive ? Do you feel affinity colors and powers are well balanced ?

I also have a request to make to him. Please if you see something specific to this mod, (eg. the bombing shower dropping from the sky), dont turn your back and continue your play. Please hold the game for a while and let the viewers see what this modder has created. We have seen 7dtd gameplay many times now, but this mod has many different things which the others dont have and at present you are the only one who can show us those things.

Thanks. 😄

Thanks for your response to my bug report.

I'll include details about the 5th and 4th bugs as soon as possible.

I was going to report the 5th bug after finding and clearing a few more epicenters.

5. I believe I have already investigated and cleared 20+ epicenters, but the Lv.8 Migrant in Biome Awareness is can't unlocked!

The fourth bug occurred a total of three times

Game Environment

player name:gari

Mod.

CP48.4 Complete------------sha-256 CP48.4_Complete.1.zip
8afcf4099795ea21bfb357973482628184a4cfa3837d6d797d259f178f852905

donovan-bigbackpack---------sha-256 donovan-bigbackpack.zip
e68731fbc32c5872ea9351711d22aaa3bd324901ca12e67f600b147d19da7768

KHA20-HPBars---------------sha-256 KHA20-HPBars.zip
0aef8b3bd06613132591cbe0fa8cb999696a73005dde3e0496f3487b174b587f

MD-500--------------sha-256 Mods---A20-main-MD-500.zip
c73573357c0c5e80be205576a7be99423af6aa4bf0b982fb881180108b2223b2

MoreContainers---------sha-256 MoreContainers_v1.8.zip
f8df2e3c5f815eb5eabb424578fdbc515d167d8a6df36f4d5590f7492f25382b

ZomBiome Overhaul-------sha-256 sha-256
1a5f7cf6ad8af5bd02fbcaa2d6ea4cd4b7a28c1cd0c2ec116805aa0078dad06a

map_info.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MapInfo>
  <property name="Scale" value="1" />
  <property name="HeightMapSize" value="7168,7168" />
  <property name="Modes" value="Survival,SurvivalSP,SurvivalMP,Creative" />
  <property name="FixedWaterLevel" value="false" />
  <property name="RandomGeneratedWorld" value="true" />
  <property name="GameVersion" value="Alpha.20.6.9" />
  <property name="Generation.Seed" value="ZombiomeR" />
  <property name="Generation.Towns" value="Default" />
  <property name="Generation.Wilderness" value="Default" />
  <property name="Generation.Lakes" value="Default" />
  <property name="Generation.Rivers" value="Default" />
  <property name="Generation.Cracks" value="Few" />
  <property name="Generation.Craters" value="Few" />
  <property name="Generation.Plains" value="6" />
  <property name="Generation.Hills" value="4" />
  <property name="Generation.Mountains" value="3" />
  <property name="Generation.Snow" value="4" />
  <property name="Generation.Forest" value="3" />
  <property name="Generation.Desert" value="4" />
  <property name="Generation.Wasteland" value="4" />
</MapInfo>

Where the bug occurred

1.X/Z: -1992/-744------>epicenter
2.X/Z: -1740/3067------>epicenter Maybe close to the map border
3.X/Z: 42/44----------->CP48.4 Complete Poi xcostum_Police_03(by_GDragon123) Spit out a lot of errors while searching inside, could progress to the end.

Creative's Mod Magnet Barrel not used.

Were you able to identify any nearby activity? As for the "what", does the average player watch that carefully?
The game is recording.

That's all for the bug report. I saw your comment, you are moderately mischievous.

It's a DeepL translation, so I hope it comes across well.

Hey there, Umbrella-san. The Mod you made is way too crazy (that's a compliment).
Difficulty level? That's obvious if you read the comments of the video owners you commented on in #1 of the Zombiome series.
One said "I tried, but it was too hard for me to figure it out."
The second said "I did this mod last month for the sake of it, but I couldn't do it.(I quit right away). Good luck with yours."
However, the second person's comment after seeing #4 was "Thanks to Ohkami(Name of video distributor), I know a lot more now, so I think I'll give it another shot."

I mean, most people would find the difficulty level too high.
The video owner also captioned the bottom of the thumbnail of the #1 video, "Finally, I got my hands on that very difficult mod..." And he writes
At the beginning of the video, he talks about when the Mod stable was released, introducing the forum description screen, followed by the following.
"I've read the forum description, and I've been avoiding this mod because of the gibberish, but the time has finally come to play it."

I know you're too smart to understand, but I find the explanations on that board hard to understand for the average person.
"Do you feel that the color and power of affinity is balanced?" And you asked.
How can you possibly know that when the Gui doesn't show the colors or their strength?

For example, if there were a short video showing how to summon a Devil Bear, and a tutorial video showing how to summon it in a simple and easy-to-understand way from the beginning.
People who watch it will surely decide to try it.
One person who saw the #5 video commented
"I've done a little work on this mod and the environmental debuffing is bad........................ .ola I'm excited!"
This is a famous line from Goku, the main character in the Dragon Ball anime.

Actually, I noticed in your #4 video you commented "you were not able to collect the main reward - the active biome dust !" in video #4. I noticed something after reading that comment.

The name of the item shown on the actual game screen is "Weird Biome Dust".
The description reads.
"A weird round clod of dirt. It seems to resonate with the surrounding biome."
-------------From here on down, the text color is dark and hard to read, as if it has been assimilated by the background color: ------------------------
"Once held by the player, transforms into random colored dust."

I captured this screen, level-corrected the image using paint.net so that the text was visible, and then translated it using the same site.
Translate it using an image translation site, convert the original and translated sentences to text using the same site, and finally copy and paste the original sentence into DeepL (translation accuracy is fair to good).
Only then did I realize that I could use this "Weird Biome Dust" as a weapon!!!!

Since the owner of the video is an experienced player and had just recently played SorceryMod, he immediately grabbed the Dust to see if he could use it.
I've never played a magic mod before, that's why it took me so long to realize it.
I'm going to give it a try now.

So. "Do you feel that Affinity's colors and power are balanced?"
I won't know the answer to this question until I use it, and I've played with it a bit earlier, but it takes experience to master it. So the answer is still a ways off.

I've written a long time, but the conclusion is that this mod you made is a great one that stands out from other mods.
I hope many people will play it by watching the play videos on Youtube.

Oh yeah, that was a Tier 5 quest when God-Mode manifested while we were attacking the giant CDC.
That was another thing you did, I was very surprised and thought it was a very good idea.

If you're thinking of patches and the next version, I'm counting on it. And Japanese localization.

まだ冬真っ盛りです、風邪等には気を付けてお過ごしください。あなたの Mod がより良いものになりますように。

Thanks again !

I called the Weird biome dust "active", as opposed to the "inactive biome dust" he received from the secondary quest.

I asked these questions because you said you reached lvl 100, so I presumed you mastered the affinity system :)

Zombiome mecanics are described in loading tips, screen tooltips, item description and journal entries. They are quite useless for you since you do not read english, but I was thinking that was the main issue. I will do these tutorial vids when I have some time.

I've started playing vanilla with ZomBiome and some QoL mods. The anomalous events in the forest biome started within 30 seconds of first spawn and I got entangled by roots and turned into a squishy charcoal briquette by a pillar of fire.

The urgency to GTFO and find cover was immense after I respawned but that turned out to be a mistake. A dirt geyser push me up through the ceiling of the mobile home I ran to and hide within, and I fell to my death. The best analogy I can think of is this: imagine a state alchemist of Amestris who is expert in manipulating earth, and their favorite "less than lethal" attack is to cause a pillar of soil to, at least 20 meters high, to instantly grow under the feet of an enemy in order to make them fall and become stunned by their impact with the ground. That is what happened to my character, except he experienced a traumatic brain injury and died moments after slamming into the dirt.😵

@Umbrella -

Is this an outcome you were expecting in the forest biome or was it a happy accident? I wish I had recorded the event in order to share it with you, so you could use it as an example of just how much Gaia hates us now.

The 2nd respawn put me nearer Trader Joel's personal mini-fort and I sprinted to hide behind his see-thru, yet invincible, walls of logs-and-crossbeams. I managed to trade junk and couch-cushion money for food and water. I succeeded in clearing an A-frame house, place a sleeping bag and a land-claim block, and started crafting bandages, wargear, and bandages.😄