can't see anything in the world

jman

This is my first time trying this game.

I can open a new or saved game.  I see the menus (tool belt, character, inventory) but I cannot see anything in the game world.  I went to the settings and played with the brightness and when i pressed 'apply' the screen flashed and showed me the world and then went right back to a black screen where my 'vision' should be.

I am running on Fedora 36, AMD ryzen 7 cpu, nvidia 2060 super, and have 32 gigs of ram.

This seems to have been a problem a few years ago but my searching has not turned up anything recent...  The windowing system is wayland but i do not think i can change that.

Any ideas?

Yes.  In the launchersettings.json file 

{
  "ShowLauncher" : false,
  "DefaultRunConfig" : {
    "Renderer" : "glcore",
    "UseGamesparks" : true,
    "UseEAC" : true,
    "AdditionalParameters" : ""
  }
}

This is the default when running  through steam...so far I have not made any changes to any config files...

In the launch options i tried using vulcan but the game starts to load and then exits

1) Try without EAC.

2) Turn off graphics options in the game, especially reflections and SSAO. I have an AMD graphics card but I think those were problematic for me and I had to turn them off. But don't stop there, turn off stuff until it works.

3) Post a logfile if this doesn't help

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)