hunting rifle and pipe rifle

jimissnake

1 hour ago, jimissnake said:

i just got my hunting rifle and pipe rifle and they are SO INACURATE i cant hit targets even close to me and fully aim the bullets goes way out of scope wtf is this? i dont have any other problem with pistole or pipe machingun or bow....

That's why I just sell them to the Trader everytime I get one. Perk into clubs until such time you can get a good ranged weapon. Apart from the pipe machinegun, relying on those primitive firearms are gonna get you killed. 

Likely due to the odd way they make spread work when aiming down sights. Takes forever for the crosshairs to shrink down. There's a mod somewhere that makes it much quicker so you can actually ADS and shoot accurately in less than 5 seconds. I've made those kinds of changes in my mod as I'm not a fan of it. TFP calls it RPG aim or whatever where you are supposed to RP that your character sucks at shooting or something.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, bdubyah said:

Likely due to the odd way they make spread work when aiming down sights. Takes forever for the crosshairs to shrink down. There's a mod somewhere that makes it much quicker so you can actually ADS and shoot accurately in less than 5 seconds. I've made those kinds of changes in my mod as I'm not a fan of it. TFP calls it RPG aim or whatever where you are supposed to RP that your character sucks at shooting or something.

I heard that many shooters do it similar to simulate reality. Remember all the movies with sharpshooters where it is said that you have to breath out while aiming and shoot at the end of breathing out to be accurate at longer distances? This is simulated by the time you have to wait for the aiming cross to diminish.

Now I don't know but it seems reasonable that a beginner might need more time to aim at the same accuracy than a pro (which is simulated with the perks making aiming faster).

And when you are hip firing you are much less accurate with a rifle.  Contrary to a hand gun because with a hand gun you can really aim at short distances instead of hip firing.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

I heard that many shooters do it similar to simulate reality. Remember all the movies with sharpshooters where it is said that you have to breath out while aiming and shoot at the end of breathing out to be accurate at longer distances? This is simulated by the time you have to wait for the aiming cross to diminish.

Now I don't know but it seems reasonable that a beginner might need more time to aim at the same accuracy than a pro (which is simulated with the perks making aiming faster).

And when you are hip firing you are much less accurate with a rifle.  Contrary to a hand gun because with a hand gun you can really aim at short distances instead of hip firing.

I don't know of many that are as exaggerated as 7 Days. It's just annoying in a non-turn-based game where you put all the work in aiming accurately at a target, only for RNG to say you miss. I don't mind after a shot is fired there being a bit of spread added with maybe a second or two required for it to shrink, but the way it is now is a bit much to me.

Hip firing I have no problem with, especially for rifles. This is fine as is. It's just the ADS delays/spread that needs some work in my opinion, more so how the scopes handle.

On 9/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, bdubyah said:

I don't know of many that are as exaggerated as 7 Days. It's just annoying in a non-turn-based game where you put all the work in aiming accurately at a target, only for RNG to say you miss. I don't mind after a shot is fired there being a bit of spread added with maybe a second or two required for it to shrink, but the way it is now is a bit much to me.

I don't see how that spread after firing would have any influence on a single-shot hunting rifle.

The thing is that this is an RPG and if the RPG part wants to add a bonus to your accuracy there are not many ways to do that. I absolutely get your annoyance as I sometimes get surprised by "impossible" misses as well.

On the other hand I can see the advantage of this as the skill of players at shooting can be so hugely different. The RPG part in whole and this in particular are equalizers so that a 70 year old guy can play with a young guy experienced in shooters and not feel totally inadequate.

On 9/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, bdubyah said:

Hip firing I have no problem with, especially for rifles. This is fine as is. It's just the ADS delays/spread that needs some work in my opinion, more so how the scopes handle.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:41 PM, bdubyah said:

It's just the ADS delays/spread that needs some work in my opinion, more so how the scopes handle.

For me it seems the targeting of scopes is just the same as iron sights, just as fast and so forth; or maybe I misunderstood something.

The best way to see actual aim is to mod a weapon with the Laser Dot. The dot travels exactly where you'll hit, so you can figure out how the aim works; it's not as bad as the cross hairs imply. The dot remains pretty centered even if not aiming, taking some detours to the sides - exacerbated by character movements. Try one out and aim at a wall :)

You can only see the laser for about 10 blocks, but that's the area you want it anyway, anything further is rarely urgent.