Birds hitbox

Amanitasec

Howdy,

Yesterday I was playing vanila 7dtd 20.6 (b9) and have some issues with hiting sleeping bird on the roof -> https://youtu.be/gFvJMR9yqPU?t=491 (from 8:11 till 8:26). 

Am I blind, and doing bad aiming, or hitbox for bows & birds are bugged? With pipe gun it looks about right. 

Edited by Amanitasec (see edit history)

as i was already doing a video showing this i see where jugg has commented.

as he says there are variences with low level items but as i show with my level 1 bow and no perks nor mods.. i one shot them with no issue.

you can drop console and type showhits 1 to turn a tracer on so you can see where you are actually hitting.

showhits <time> <size> Shows the impact location of weapons. Size is the width in cm. Suggest starting with size .05
Time is in seconds, how long the hit markers are displayed. Default = 10.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

I never had problems with bow, even with long range shooting without any skills, primitive items ect  like here -> https://youtu.be/3JjrZfuErrM?t=3510 thats why I was so surprised with so many misses in a row. 

12 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

you can drop console and type showhits 1 to turn a tracer on so you can see where you are actually hitting.

That one is very helpfull, will use it, thank you :)

I have had this happen with guns as well, though it has been a while since it happened and that might have been in 20.5... not certain.  Now I seem to almost always hit, so either something changed or I just got better at knowing where to aim.  Probably the latter. Lol.

It may also have been that it happened with pipe guns, which I never use anymore, so that may also be the difference.  I don't remember exactly what I was using other than a hand gun.