Steam Deck mod support - The Wasteland

warxilusion

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to get The Wasteland mod working on the Deck, I've installed all the correct dependencies and put the mods locally in the game files, which it detects in the mod launcher. When I launch the game, the mods appear to be working but upon loading a new world, or loading a world, the game ends up using at least 11GB of RAM, and I think it might be preventing the game to load. It then crashes upon loading the world in for the first few seconds. The base vanilla version of the game runs fine and doesn't do this. Though the high RAM usage is still there. I tried the same mod on my older Windows laptop, and it loads into a world fine with a lot less RAM usage.

Just kind of wondering where to go from here if possible? Thanks for reading :)

Okay, I managed to get it resolved through trial and error. I ran the game through Proton-7.0.3 instead of natively, and it successfully managed to load into the game, albeit with a few graphical changes down a bit, as putting it too high will crash the game due to the high usage of RAM.

I also turned off vsync, put the game in windowed mode in the settings, put the shadow distance to Off, and lowered the resolution, with using FSR.

21 hours ago, Star69 said:

You are more likely to get more response if you post this in the mod forums for this particular mod. Most posts here concern the vanilla game. If you're lucky, the author of The Wasteland mod will help out.

Not in this case. There's nothing I can do for a Steam Deck. Maybe download some more ram? 😂

Archived