Anyone playing on a AMD RX6xxx card?

pApA^LeGBa

So my GTX1070 is on it´s last days. I have flickering and artifacts on the screen. Not all the time, but i know the signs, it will maybe last for a few days before it completly dies. I could make sure with an old GPU that it isn´t the PSU, Monitor or the cable.

So i had to order a new GPU and i got a AMD RX6600XT for 380€. WIll get it on Friday.

Just looking for any other RX users if i can expect any problems and how i should deal with drivers for 7 days, like do i always get the latest or should i get for one version before that?

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Picked up some RX 6800XT Gaming Z cards for a pretty good price not too long ago.

Here's a copy of what I posted in a Steam discussion regarding 1440p gameplay.

I'm currently running the following specs.

R9 3900X base clock is at 4.2GHz
32B DDR4 RAM at 3200Mhz
MSI AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Gaming Z Trio
OS is on SSD, Game and save data is on a pair of PCIE4 NVMe drives in RAID-0

Now, I don't have an issue staying above 120FPS with this rig most of the time. It should be noted however that unlike other games, this one is heavy on CPU, RAM, and storage access speeds. My rig caters to that a lot because I play and test a number of similarly demanding game titles.

Here are my settings

Spoiler

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

Overall, I'm seeing 140-160FPS most of the time. When I'm in the cities it will drop to the 120's, and I've seen 60-90 around the troublesome T5 POI's. In comparison with this setup my 1070's in SLI were averaging 90-100FPS most of the time and dipping into the 60's for horde nights.

Well i will see soon, should arrive in the next 2 hours. But tbh, 10-20fps sounds just wrong with a RX6700XT. That´s what my buddy get´s with a GTX1060 when he forgets to turn dow the resolution to 1080p And i do play in 1920x1080, not planning on upgrading the monitor anytime soon. @Ray Garraty 

I am not sure about downtown/dishong, but in hordenights it´s the CPU limiting at least for me, my GPU is sitting at 40% usage and i get 30FPS. Could be the case in dishong too. No matter how strong a GPU is, if the CPU can´t keep up with getting the data to the GPU, you will not get the full power of your GPU.

A RTX3090 or a RX 6900XT for my R5 3600 would be a waste of money for example. Maybe not in 4K, but for sure in 1080p and 1440p.

Just glad that there isn´t any major issues with AMD cards anymore, there used to be problems with the textures in A18 i think. Maybe A19.

EDIT: So it´s now installed and running. Like i thought, downtown seems to be a CPU issue. Outside of downtown i get 70-80FPS with everything on ultra (i will tweak that a bit, no one needs motion blur and bloom, also terrain quality doesn´t do a lot) and the usage is at 75%. In downtown at dishong tower it´s still 40-45FPS and the GPU usage drops to 40-50%. 

Happy with the upgrade, even though i wanted to do a bigger one next year including the monitor. Well, now it´s another few years in 1080p, not really a big deal for me as someone who started gaming with pong and as a child/teen never even thought that 60HZ 1080p would be possible sitting on my VC20/C64 😛  It was the worst time having to spend money on a GPU. Just 3 months later and it would have been fine.

Now i just need to save some money until christmas or so and i will upgrade the CPU to either a 5900X or maybe even 5800X3D. We will see. That means new CPU cooler and PSU aswell. And if i can i am going Noctua and a big boy Seasonic for that sweet lifetime and 12 years warranty.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, atomhert said:

I am using an RX6600 and I set the fps at 60fps, no problems at all. Downtown it stutters just a little but only a few seconds on arrival. The CPU is an i5 12400 and they get on very well.

Do you set the FPS in the  AMD software suit?  I only have an RX5, so in the cities and the las few blood moons, I do get stuttering.

24 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Do you set the FPS in the  AMD software suit?  I only have an RX5, so in the cities and the las few blood moons, I do get stuttering.

I have only set the fps in the Options of the game itself. It runs a solid 60 so I don't mess with the other settings.

22 hours ago, Ray Garraty said:

My RX 6700 XT gives terrible fps in downtown area. Its ~10-20 fps in Dishong.

My resolution is 2560x1440 and video settings are set to High.

I guess for comfortable fps this game requires to have 6800XT or higher

your memory or cpu can be bottlenecking your GPU performance. Reason I say this is the first time I noticed is when I upgrade to my current Ryzen 5 6 core. I gained about 20% increase in FPS and that is when I discovered how much CPU and RAM can keep your GPU from hitting peak performance. Right now I am basically maxing out my CPU, so I can't upgrade a GPU any higher without also upgrading my CPU to see that expected performance gain.

https://pc-builds.com/bottleneck-calculator/

Edited by warmer (see edit history)