Can´t join own Dedicated Server

Hirobrine03

So I´ve been at this for a few days now so this is getting a bit frustrating.

I´ve been trying to run a Dedicated server on my Linux machine, it worked for the last 2 Alpha versions but now i just can not get it to work.

It starts and loads just fine but when trying to connect to it i get the error "Kicked by Steam: Your Authentication data is from another game".

I also can conect to other servers just fine so its just mine, but i have abulutly no clue of what i´m doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Log from the server: https://pastebin.com/yqmfkYHp

Game version mismatch usually means that the server is running a different version than the player. The server is definitely running A20.5. Start the game up and your version will be listed in the upper righthand corner of the screen. If your game says it’s also running A20.5, post the log from your pc.

2 hours ago, Hirobrine03 said:

i´ve had a friend try and he cant as well

i´ll send you the details

I got the same error in my log, and same message on screen. 

2022-08-06T16:09:11 11027.034 INF [NET] Kicked from server: Platform auth failed: GameMismatch

For some unknown reason, the server sends bad info to the client about the version being run. I would delete all game files, including

all data from the .local/share/7DaysToDie folder and start over clean.

well probelm is even that doesn´t help

I´m using Pufferpanel for the conviniance and i´ve tried on multible servers now with the same result

everytime a new server is created and downloaded its a compleatly seperate install of everything so it cant be broken files

(Every new server instance runns this at the start:

mkdir steamcmd

tar --no-same-owner -xzvf steamcmd_linux.tar.gz -C steamcmd

steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir .. +app_update 294420 +quit

mkdir -p .steam/sdk32

cp steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so .steam/sdk32/steamclient.so)

2 hours ago, Hirobrine03 said:

steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir .. +app_update 294420 +quit

That's the old command string to install. It was changed a while ago.

This is the correct syntax:

steamcmd +force_install_dir "your\install\path\here" +login anonymous +app_update 294420 -validate +quit

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 1:45 PM, Hirobrine03 said:

well i shut it down

and the thing is that i have been running 7days servers for at least a year without problems

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same setup as you and experiencing the exact same problem. Curious if you were able to find the problem? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 6:46 PM, THEDOOMAN96 said:

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same setup as you and experiencing the exact same problem. Curious if you were able to find the problem? 

No the Problem still exists i just switched to a Windows server and now its working fine

On 10/13/2022 at 6:46 PM, THEDOOMAN96 said:

Do you use pufferpanel as well? Maybe it is their setup code that is the problem. For example it might be a mistake to copy steamclient.so to steam/sdk32/ nowadays even though it once might have fixed a problem.

Also steamcmd is extracted from a possibly old version archive every time. I'm sure it will update its version when it is running, but I'm not totally sure the already running steam client is automatically started. Maybe you need to exit first and then it works. Calling the line "steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir .. +app_update 294420 +quit" twice maybe would fix the problem and even if not provide a verify that is recommended anyway.

I am running a server on debian and I did not have to do any copying of steamclient.so to anywhere, that I am sure of.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Do you use pufferpanel as well? Maybe it is their setup code that is the problem. For example it might be a mistake to copy steamclient.so to steam/sdk32/ nowadays even though it once might have fixed a problem.

I am running a server on debian and I did not have to do any copying of steamclient.so to anywhere, that I am sure of.

Hmm interesting
I´ll try reversing that and see what happens

Another thought:

"Game mismatch" may be misleading, the error message displayed ""Kicked by Steam: Your Authentication data is from another game" is saying something else, i.e. that the server is using authentication from another instance of the game maybe? 

AFAIK the dedicated server does not use the users id, so what id is it using? I'll have to check my working server and compare.

4 minutes ago, Hirobrine03 said:

Well also didnt work

but when trying to connect now its saying server is still starting after the console said game start done

Interesting. It might be a fluke or real progress. We would have to see the new logfile to know. To check for a fluke, first reboot the server and start it again. If it again hangs then it seems no fluke and we did something beneficial and we should look into the logfile again