Compo Pack TOS "Addition"

KhaineGB

I have actually started working on an alternative. Right now i'm updating A19 prefabs to conform to A20 tile standards so they can just spawn on vanilla tiles/wilderness as required.

Also still gathering permissions from various authors and compiling a list :)

2 hours ago, zztong said:

I wonder if it might be necessary for the CP to insist on Terms for a contribution. That is, by contributing a POI to the CP, the designer agrees the CP folks are able to modify a POI for any reason. To me, something like this expresses a practical impossibility of tracking down hundreds of creators each version.

I say "any reason" because coming up with an exact list that stands the tests of time would be super difficult. Various reasons I know of would include: compatibility with new game versions, loot balancing, game performance, and adjustment of building materials. (A "wooden" shack built entirely of steel blocks.)

I venture to say most folks who contribute a POI aren't aware of the changes necessary. I know the first several POIs I threw at Stallionsden had issues, and he was great at explaining to me what the issues were, and the CP Testers have been super-effective of telling me all sorts of things ... specially missing textures under doorways. Grrrrr.

Yes of course it's difficult to track and request to any authors for each update.

I can understand that for other people it's better to be clear from the beginning and what you suggest is possible, i guess. Indeed because that unlikely that all creators come on their own to deliver a creation compatible for each alpha. And the work for CP become progressively huge and time-consumming.

Personaly i can accept without any problem, i'm not a very prolific creator so I won't allow myself to demand special attention for my content 😆

Edited by SG1-09 (see edit history)

15 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I submitted my prefab (The Spencer Mansion from Resident Evil 1) in A19. To my knowledge, they made a few "balancing" changes that I was semi ok with.
My secrets that I dotted around the mansion were intact and players who found my secrets were rewarded for it!

In A20, they completely butchered my passion project, most of my secrets are either nerfed or removed. For example, one secret you were rewarded with 2 secret stashes, now you are rewarded with concrete blocks.
The loot room is another issue, for some reason, they decided to have the loot room in my super secret location where less than 1% of players will ever find it. This super secret originally lead the player to find signs to tell the player the location of a treasure chest, which was also nerfed to a large weapons bag.......

So, here's my ToS!
You're welcome to use my mansion on the condition that any changes that are wished to be made are run by me first, and if we can't come to an agreement to the desired changes, then I don't permit use of baby.
Translation: The current butchered version of my mansion in CP48 breaks my ToS :)

Any overhaul modders out there that would like the Spencer Mansion in their overhaul mods are welcome to contact me.

If you want to see the completed envisioned version of the Spencer Mansion, it has its own standalone mod on the launcher called The Spencer Mansion Incident.

Change a loot "block" in your POI and resubmit it with your TOS.

Then they cant claim that it doesnt apply.

Also, Remember what kicked this all off.

"all permissions for overhauls are removed and The Compopack Team will do a Download to work alongside the overhauls."

If you want to be forgiving, thats up to you. I personally wont be and will use what Kahine and the people he works with put out.

CP is dead to me.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I have actually started working on an alternative. Right now i'm updating A19 prefabs to conform to A20 tile standards so they can just spawn on vanilla tiles/wilderness as required.

Also still gathering permissions from various authors and compiling a list :)

I get it. I honestly think that this is the best approach as far as the tile spawning goes.

People can handle their things the way they want, the only advice I can give anybody is once you start deviating from the spirit of the modding community in the first place, you're asking for trouble.

I'm good enough at process to have dealt with the cp48 tile set thing, but I honestly have to say I didn't find researching it and working with it enjoyable. I started looking at doing pretty much the same thing and just cutting out the stuff I didn't want to deal with. I've got a lot of hours in the work that I do and the little things here and there that I've thrown out for the community Ive never expected any return on it except my own enjoyment of doing the work itself and the fun I have playing it, but thats me. Something gets lost in there with some people sometimes and that part, I'll never understand. I don't need to make money, I wouldn't be involved in gaming as escapism if I was needing to.

I also concur with the sentiment that you certainly do not want big brother to step in.

18 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I submitted my prefab (The Spencer Mansion from Resident Evil 1) in A19. To my knowledge, they made a few "balancing" changes that I was semi ok with.
My secrets that I dotted around the mansion were intact and players who found my secrets were rewarded for it!

In A20, they completely butchered my passion project, most of my secrets are either nerfed or removed. For example, one secret you were rewarded with 2 secret stashes, now you are rewarded with concrete blocks.
The loot room is another issue, for some reason, they decided to have the loot room in my super secret location where less than 1% of players will ever find it. This super secret originally lead the player to find signs to tell the player the location of a treasure chest, which was also nerfed to a large weapons bag.......

So, here's my ToS!
You're welcome to use my mansion on the condition that any changes that are wished to be made are run by me first, and if we can't come to an agreement to the desired changes, then I don't permit use of baby.
Translation: The current butchered version of my mansion in CP48 breaks my ToS :)

Any overhaul modders out there that would like the Spencer Mansion in their overhaul mods are welcome to contact me.

If you want to see the completed envisioned version of the Spencer Mansion, it has its own standalone mod on the launcher called The Spencer Mansion Incident.

I'd actually love to include this in the pack I'm building, if you don't mind.

The only thing I'd probably do is change where it spawns to wilderness only (if it's not already) as I feel that fits better since it's RE1 and all... and the mansion was in the middle of the woods.

God I love that game and it's cheesy voice acting :D

• Roland locked this topic