drone turned into mining pick

enkephalin07

I opened up my drone to dye it some color that wouldn't look like a vulture in the corner of my vision, and I was looking at the stats to my mining pick. Closed and reopened it, and saw the same. It did have the inventory I left it, so I emptied it and picked it up, and in my inventory it turned into a repaired duplicate of my mining pick, down to the installed mods. I didn't notice until after I created a new drone that it had been missing its teddy head and had a smaller inventory.

Miles down the road I realized that I was being followed by 2 drones, one with the dyed color and one original color. They both had the correct mods, but different inventories.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a possibly related bug: three drones appear to follow me, two with the same mods, all with different inventories. This appears to happen sometime after I put down and pick up a roboturret. I've tried scrapping, selling and storing them, but they'll appear again some time later.

Quitting and relaunching doesn't solve the issue, in fact that may be one step of the issue; after launching and loading the game, then using and collecting a roboturret, they appear. They don't go inactive when I drop a turret or two, and their presence doesn't inhibit the turrets' function. Also, they bring free inventory, and since I use them primarily to store ammo and meds, I have no shortage of those now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived