Guppy's Teleport Portal Mod

Guppycur

Updated portals to include better documentation within the XML and to use the new SCore features.

MAKE SURE you also update SCore to the latest version.  This can't be  said enough.

There are still two issues outstanding but those are in the SCore side, not mine.

One being the portals disconnect on game exit/reload and another being the portal active animation doesn't fire if the power value is greater than 0.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mod. But is it possible to make it available for multiplayer? i.e. players that are allies, can use the same portals that are unlocked instead of having to put down their own which takes up more unnecessary space. Its also a pain if you want to jump to more than 1 location and you have to have a portal for each location from the main base. Just a thought, but most importantly I think that allies should be able to use the same portal instead of every player needing to have one of its own at every location.

58 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Are you saying if you set a portal down someone else can't use it? 

Exactly what I am saying. My husband and I, and sister, play the game. When we tried the portals, and we did unlock the portals, it still refused to allow everyone to use the same portal. Only the player that put the portal down was able to use it locking everyone else out, even though its unlocked.

Make sure he grabs it again, just to make sure he has the latest version.

I just loaded a P2P game (not using a dedicated server) and it works fine once BOTH portals are unlocked.

I'm installing a server now to test on it.

I'm using FuturePortal2 for reference.  It uses:

<block name="guppyFuturePortal2">
			<property name="Extends" value="portalMaster"/>
			<property name="DisplayType" value="blockMulti"/>
			<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="3,3,3"/>
			<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/gupFuturePortal2.unity3d?guppyFuturePortal2.prefab"/>
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="guppyFuturePortal2" /> 
			<property name="Location" value="gupDestination01" /> 
			<property name="RequiredPower" value="0" />

<!-- Uncomment to make Powered 
			<property name="Class" value="PoweredPortal, SCore" /> 	
			<property name="RequiredPower" value="300" />  -->

<!-- Uncomment to force Source/Destination
			<property name="Location" value="source=thisPortalMagic1,destination=thisPortalMagic2" /> -->

<!-- Uncomment to make this a Destination Portal for another portal
			<property name="Location" value="source=samplePortal03,destination=NA" /> -->

<!-- Uncomment to say I am samplePortal01, I go to samplePortal02, which is inside a prefab called farm_02
			<property name="Location" value="source=samplePortal01,destination=samplePortal02,prefab=farm_02" /> -->	

<!-- Uncomment to hide the portal name
			<property name="Display" value="false" /> -->

<!-- Uncomment to require a specified buff to see the portal name. -->
			<!--property name="DisplayBuff" value="buffyours" /-->			

</block>

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

Hi, some more feedback, I'm using this mod on my server, which is running the Better Vanilla overall mod, so this might be a reason for not working.

Also, when I get a 1 way connection working, the status says connected, the other players see the portal as  not connected, so are unable to use it.

Also, naming conventions, what happens if we have all the portals unlocked, and the players have their own portals with the same name, when they try to select a destination, which one is chosen?

I have verified that this mod does work on a navegame map as the only mod, besides SCore. I guess the problems are due to the other mods.

I can't imagine why any mod would conflict but I don't know that other mod.

So the way the portal names work I believe is that it just goes next on the list.  I'm confirming with Sphereii.  I do have a feature request in with him to append the player name to the portal name in code to avoid any issues. 

Saw the edit message and want to explain: Sites like that mod hosting site do not often contain the most recent information and updates.  It's always best to get info from the source, which is here. 

The gitlab link will or should always have the updated version but you may miss out on the features because sCore is what drives the mod.  My side is just xmls and unity assets.

Hope this helps others. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I am sure this is an extremely newb question.  I have placed the latest score mod and this portal mod in my mods folder.  The game is loading fine.  I see the "powered by score" logo.  What I am unsure of is how to find/make the portals.  

Are these things I can craft in the workbench? Or how do I obtain them?

18 hours ago, DyslexicDavey said:

I am new to 7 Days mods so maybe I am missing something.

Got 0-SCore and gupSCorePortals in the Mods folder. Start and new game is got an endless list of NullRefernceExeptions. Any ideas what could be wrong? 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArlkUcQdNIXhg8p1Q9VA1H7kxNM14g?e=Gh4IcP

Can you post that on something other than onedrive, maybe use Google drive?  Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Ralyj said:

So I am sure this is an extremely newb question.  I have placed the latest score mod and this portal mod in my mods folder.  The game is loading fine.  I see the "powered by score" logo.  What I am unsure of is how to find/make the portals.  

Are these things I can craft in the workbench? Or how do I obtain them?

Oh good you're here too; so there are recipes, I believe I stuck them under advanced engineering but I'm sure I didn't test.  

5 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Can you post that on something other than onedrive, maybe use Google drive?  Thanks. 

Oh good you're here too; so there are recipes, I believe I stuck them under advanced engineering but I'm sure I didn't test.  

Opening the workbench and I can find block with guppycurportal3. There are no other blocks with “portal” showing.  There is a recipe 150 forged steal; 50 mech parts and 50 elec parts.  The XML does indicate Advanced Engineering (looks like lvl5 required).  My skills are all maxed out so I should be able to craft. However, when I pick the item there are two odd behaviors.

the first is that unlike all other craftable items the “craft” line below the quantity line is missing.  Not grayed out when something is either locked or the material not present just missing altogether.  

The second is that the option to show what unlock the recipe is blank.  As in it doesn’t list “advanced engineering”. 

best guess is that something in the xml is not really pointing to “advanced engineering” even though it sort of looks like it is.

Is there some other to obtain the blocks?  

29 minutes ago, Ralyj said:

Opening the workbench and I can find block with guppycurportal3. There are no other blocks with “portal” showing.  There is a recipe 150 forged steal; 50 mech parts and 50 elec parts.  ...

This is a link to a screenshot of what I see when I open the workbench and search on "portal" and select the one option

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12nuHdiyF7djuGuGLWnlGWTkct8Wz2xcO/view?usp=sharing

(the link is open so I think it should work)

25 minutes ago, Ralyj said:

This is a link to a screenshot of what I see when I open the workbench and search on "portal" and select the one option

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12nuHdiyF7djuGuGLWnlGWTkct8Wz2xcO/view?usp=sharing

(the link is open so I think it should work)

Okay so I solved the crafting piece.  I modified your recipe XML to look like this:

<configs>

<append xpath="/recipes">

<recipe name="guppyFuturePortal3" count="1" craft_time="1200" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting" >
            <ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="150"/>
            <ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="50"/>
            <ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="50"/>

</recipe> 
    </append>

</configs>

Then I created a new XML file for the directory called "progression".  It looks like this.

<configs>
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags">,guppyFuturePortal3</append>
</configs>

The key was the progression file as it adds the recipe as learnable I think. I am not a coder but technical enough to work stuff out occasionally.