Loading into multiplayer world gets stuck on creating player.

quacktrain

https://pastebin.com/fJvW965G

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on

Every time I join my girlfriends world, which is just a multiplayer peer to peer world, the console pops up on the creating character screen. It isn't froze as I can still click through the help boxes. I've tried launching it on my laptop and I got the same exact error so it isn't my install. I tried choosing a different player model and that didn't work either. I attached the issue on pastebin and I believe I did that. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix? We're on day 80 ish and would really rather not restart.

We're on the latest version. I believe it's called 20.4 b42. We're both running r3 1200 cpu's and she has an hd 5870 and I've got an rx 470. We're also both rocking 16gb of ram.

I actually just signed up because I'm having the exact same issue as you and figured I'd post here instead of spamming a new thread. One thing I can note is that my game had an error and crashed while I was standing on top of my friend's 4x4, and now when I try to connect I get a console appear just as you described. 

spacer.png

Above is the console messages I receive when I fail to connect.

spacer.png

Above is my friend's console (he's the one hosting) when I attempt and fail to connect.

If the admins would prefer me to create my own post then I'll more than happily comply, but everything quacktrain said applies to my own game, right down to the issue appearing on day 78 for us. I'm hoping we can both get the issue sorted since we appear to be suffering from the same bug/issue.

Thank you! 

Flush your game - something corrupted your UI.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at LocalPlayerUI.get_ActionSetManager () [0x00005] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at GUIWindowManager.DisableWindowActionSet (GUIWindow _w) [0x0000e] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at GUIWindowManager.Close (GUIWindow _w, System.Boolean _fromEsc) [0x00064] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at GUIWindowManager.Remove (System.String _windowName) [0x00038] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at XUi.Cleanup (System.Boolean _destroyImmediate) [0x00033] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at XUi.Shutdown (System.Boolean _destroyImmediate) [0x00013] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at XUi.OnDestroy () [0x00022] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 

Or if the host has mods and you don't this error can also be created.

27 minutes ago, txr22 said:

Just adding my pastebin as I didn't do that in my previous comment

https://pastebin.com/TCbiMQVt

Flush your game - something corrupted your UI.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at LocalPlayerUI.get_ActionSetManager () [0x00005] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at GUIWindowManager.DisableWindowActionSet (GUIWindow _w) [0x0000e] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at GUIWindowManager.Close (GUIWindow _w, System.Boolean _fromEsc) [0x00064] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at GUIWindowManager.Remove (System.String _windowName) [0x00038] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at XUi.Cleanup (System.Boolean _destroyImmediate) [0x00033] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at XUi.Shutdown (System.Boolean _destroyImmediate) [0x00013] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at XUi.OnDestroy () [0x00022] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 

Or if the host has mods and you don't this error can also be created.

Why did it double post >_>

Cheers for the response!

Is there a way to flush without losing any progress though? My understanding was that flushing involves losing profile/map data etc.

(Apologies for the noobish question, I don't really have a lot of experience with this sort of thing) 

Lol all good, as long as I am able to access the world again then that's still a win.

I'll report back once he's online and we've had a chance to try your suggestion.

Thanks again! 

Unless quacktrain has installed the Survival mod your cases are not the identical.

@quacktrain post your logfile and preferably also the servers logfile.

@txr22 The error in your latest log says that your character data is corrupted, you probably have to delete the player data of your character in the savegame on the server.

Secondly it says that you have the survival mod installed. If that mod is from a previous game you played then you didn't fully clean your old stuff. Notably steam only deletes files it knows about when it updates a game. So additional files from mods are kept and may interfere with later game versions. The only safe way is to delete the complete game installation via Windows Explorer and let steam reload the game.

If you are playing with mods there are two better ways to handle that generally:

Either use the mod manager (a community-built manager to manage multiple versions and multiple mods at the same time. Or do the same process yourself: Always keep the steam version vanilla, never put anything in that game folder. If you want to play a mod, copy the whole game folder to somewhere else, and install the mod only there. Then when you want to play the modded version, start steam, then launch the game NOT through steam but by starting the launch script in the modded copy.

Probably in A21 the mod folder location will change permanently, then a new way of using mods will come up.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

Unless quacktrain has installed the Survival mod your cases are not the identical.

@quacktrain post your logfile and preferably also the servers logfile.

@txr22 The error in your latest log says that your character data is corrupted, you probably have to delete the player data of your character in the savegame on the server.

Secondly it says that you have the survival mod installed. If that mod is from a previous game you played then you didn't fully clean your old stuff. Notably steam only deletes files it knows about when it updates a game. So additional files from mods are kept and may interfere with later game versions. The only safe way is to delete the complete game installation via Windows Explorer and let steam reload the game.

If you are playing with mods there are two better ways to handle that generally:

Either use the mod manager (a community-built manager to manage multiple versions and multiple mods at the same time. Or do the same process yourself: Always keep the steam version vanilla, never put anything in that game folder. If you want to play a mod, copy the whole game folder to somewhere else, and install the mod only there. Then when you want to play the modded version, start steam, then launch the game NOT through steam but by starting the launch script in the modded copy.

Probably in A21 the mod folder location will change permanently, then a new way of using mods will come up.

I got my log file I believe. I put the pastebin link in the report. I'll get the log file when I can. She's not home right now but I'll post it when she is. Also, I do not play with mods and neither does she.

57 minutes ago, quacktrain said:

I got my log file I believe.

Your log shows your player profile on the host machine is corrupted. The only fix I know is to delete the player files, which starts

you back at level 1. You can get your items back from the creative menu, and get your levels back with the giveselfxp command.

1 hour ago, Beelzybub said:

Your log shows your player profile on the host machine is corrupted. The only fix I know is to delete the player files, which starts

you back at level 1. You can get your items back from the creative menu, and get your levels back with the giveselfxp command.

Alright. How would one do that? Where would they be at in the files?

53 minutes ago, quacktrain said:

How would one do that?

On the host machine, find the savegame in the %appdata%\7DaysToDie\Saves folder. In the savegame's folder is a "Player" folder.

Delete the three files that match your ID. (.ttp, ttp.bak, and .map)

On 5/6/2022 at 4:54 PM, Beelzybub said:

On the host machine, find the savegame in the %appdata%\7DaysToDie\Saves folder. In the savegame's folder is a "Player" folder.

Delete the three files that match your ID. (.ttp, ttp.bak, and .map)

That fixed the issue. Many thanks my friend. Also, they changed to eos codes on alpha 20. I figured that out by creating my own world and finding the code from that.

Archived