A20.4 b42 not starting

Joegod

18 hours ago, Joegod said:

i was playing with A20.3 and my friend told me to update. went to 20.4 b42 and the game won't start. easy anti-cheat comes on, load and then nothing. if i skip easy, nothing happens. need some help here..

Did you try the suggestions made my @chikorina in this thread?  Without more information, this is just a guess at this point

Thank you for reporting.

It would help a lot if I could get an output log from you.

The output log is located at 

%APPDATA%/7DaysToDie/logs

You can copy the above file location and enter it into your file explorer's address bar.

A folder with a bunch of files starting with 'output_log' will open.  Find the one with the most recent date and time and open it.

Copy the whole content of the log and paste it in Pastebin.com,  press 'create new paste' and copy the address of the paste.

If you could post that address in the comments here,  it would help the devs to determine the issue.

Found your post searching "7days to die 20.4 b42 fails to start on DuckDuckGo".

I have faced a very similar problem with an earlier upgrade. Spoiler alert: "I am running Linux" (more on specs etc. later) so this may not apply or work for you, but you are welcome try. Skip past the bullet points. They are to help developers home in on the version that first broke things for me.

Story time:

• Play extensively for nearly a month. (Savegame is marked A19.6)
  • Game gets updated via Steam.
  • Game fails to start. (Black screen, then I am back on the desktop again)
  • Forget the game for a while. Must have been more than 2 months bc RL1st
  • Take the time to investigate
  • Find a fix (pretty sure it must have been on the 12th of January), forget about it
  • Three days ago Steam drops another update adding fancy game loader progress bar
  • Boom! Again the game doesn't start anymore. Black screen then shells out again
  • Had to trace back my steps and "rediscover" my fix

Here is what I found in Logfiles:

#8  0x00000040e1f8fd in (wrapper managed-to-native) Epic.OnlineServices.Bindings:EOS_Initialize (intptr)
#9  0x00000040e1ac24 in Platform.EOS.Api:InitClientApis ()

You may need to start the game like:

~/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7dLauncher.x86_64 -logfile ~/tmp/7d2die_2.log

Look for a "platform.cfg" in your game folder. As for me it was in "~/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/platform.cfg"

platform=Steam
crossplatform=EOS
serverplatforms=Steam,XBL,

I commented out the 2nd line "crossplatform=EOS" (put a # hash in from of it). That did the trick for me.

Hope that helps.

This is for the devs again:

Ubuntu 20.04 vanilla. Gnome and all. Kept it as squaky clean and out of the box as possible.

processor    : 5
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 16
model        : 10
model name    : AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor

16 Gigs of memory
lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if /^\d+\:.+(\[\S+\:\S+\])/' | grep VGA
06:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GM204 [GeForce GTX 980] [10de:13c0] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Driver 510.60.02 as per nvidia-settings

X-Server 1.20.13 (12013000)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived