ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):

ShadowRam

We're having this issue as well on a character that recently got a drone and one cargo mod - she started having "memory stream not expandable" more and more often (and that means no more playing: once you get the red message, your client is basically disconnected from the server), until she cannot even load the game anymore.

I can provide client and server logs, as I own both.

We are also having this issue on my server, so I had all players empty and pickup drones and put them away. I also removed the drones.dat just in case. That worked for a while and then it happened again, and no one has drones out in the game. Also, one player is completely locked out of the server, and gets stuck at creating character loading screen.

1 minute ago, Katrina Bekers said:

Tried renaming "drones.dat" on server, restarting it, but no avail - the player that was stuck at game loading still cannot access! :(  Pls HALP!

Do you keep a save backup of the server? I have been thinking if the players save is corrupt, we might have to revert to the backup and walk them back to that last save.... or remove their save data and give them exp back to where they were, which sucks, but I have a bad feeling the bug is killing player save files.

9 minutes ago, Katrina Bekers said:

The backup is not enough back in time to go BEFORE they got their drones.

Re-creating the char and assigning XP is the least - what about known recipes read on books, and finished/in-progress collections?

I am not sure if it needs to be before drones where deployed, but maybe just before the final lockout where they are getting stuck in the login screen. I'm hoping this is a data cleanup issue and that whatever resolution the devs come too will clean out the backed-up data and fix the problem, like a plugged-up drain. Until then my server is basically unplayable right now until its patched out.

Same problem on a coop game. The other player who is running the server is ok, but for me it crashes when I log in with the error: ERR ncsimple_serialzer (ch=0).

After many tries now the error has changed and I get stuck on the Loading screen on the Creating Player stage. The console comes down with the error: EXC NullReferenceException object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any solution? Could this be fixed on a later patch?

After I've found out the issue with drones, I've put mine to bag pack and I was able to play for few hours today. 

All of the sudden while looting random box game crashed and I can't log back in. I'm guessing my profile is @%$#ed. Do I have another option than deleting the profile? If the patch the game, will it fix the profile?

13 hours ago, Dracknar said:

I have just started getting this too, after updating to 20.4.   I wish I kept our server on 20.3 now.  
Nothing but problems since 20.4.

Yeah. But they're fixing a lot really fast and this is a BIG issue across the board so hopefully they are making this a priority.

You will get this error the moment your profile gets over 2048kb. I heard about drone issue after using it for maybe 8 hours. I've put it in the bag for another 16 hours. Yesterday during looting random POI I got the error again. Basically my profile is @%$#ed and I'm not sure if new version can fix that? Are profiles salvageable? 

5 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Interesting - makes me wonder if other files are leaking. a20.4 Unstable Leak Edition

I guess part of the problem is in the drones.dat (the actual drones in the world - removing the file just removes the instances of the drones), but a big part is also the player profile, that becomes full of what the drones leaked in it.

Removing the former doesn't undo the damage done on the latter.

I've found a fix to broken profile. Create new local game, enter world and exit. Copy your broken profile from server to local game. Start game, wait until profile get fixed. Copy it back to server.

Profile is broken the moment it gets over 2MB, 2049kb you will get an error. A healthy profile after 30 hours of real time, is around 20kb.

33 minutes ago, selissi said:

I've found a fix to broken profile. Create new local game, enter world and exit. Copy your broken profile from server to local game. Start game, wait until profile get fixed. Copy it back to server.

Profile is broken the moment it gets over 2MB, 2049kb you will get an error. A healthy profile after 30 hours of real time, is around 20kb.

So hopefully that means whenever they fix the problem it should clear out that data backup and fix all the player profiles that are affected. I really hope this happens like... today/tonight. Silence from the devs on such a large bug like this is disheartening. I would have hot patched it immediately if I had a fix... ;)

Hi,

I have a solution to the problem. I didn't test if you can still use a drone after that (the server admin told me to dismantle the damn thing) but at least you can play again. What I noticed is whenever I logged on to the server I was only connected for 3-5 seconds. After these 3-5 seconds I saw the admin only running in one place and he me as well. I logged in again and in those 3-5 seconds he quickly entered the admin command /jd clear and killed my drone. And who would have thought it suddenly everything goes again now I can play again. I hope it helps you as much as me. 

translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Cheers

On 4/23/2022 at 2:56 PM, ShadowRam said:

ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):

EXC Memory stream is not expandable

I keep getting this error before and after the latest update.

I can play on a dedicated server for a while, and then this keeps popping up.

I happened every time I went to access my drone, so I've stopped using it.

It now seems to only happen every once in awhile, but I can no longer access chests, and all the zombies and other players stop updating my client.

I'm getting same issue

3 hours ago, Rendellz said:

Hi,

I have a solution to the problem. I didn't test if you can still use a drone after that (the server admin told me to dismantle the damn thing) but at least you can play again. What I noticed is whenever I logged on to the server I was only connected for 3-5 seconds. After these 3-5 seconds I saw the admin only running in one place and he me as well. I logged in again and in those 3-5 seconds he quickly entered the admin command /jd clear and killed my drone. And who would have thought it suddenly everything goes again now I can play again. I hope it helps you as much as me. 

translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Cheers

Oh no it happens again but i have no drone :(

On 4/23/2022 at 4:00 PM, ShadowRam said:

Does anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this?

Client wise, drivers all up to date. Game files integrity is good.

AMD3800X with 32GB of Ram and a nVidia 3080

None of the other clients are having this issue on the server.

This is the last stuff shown up until the RED error....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can I have your log file?

13 hours ago, selissi said:

Thank you for this! I was getting this error every time a few seconds after logging in and could no longer play, getting rid of my drone and doing these steps with the server host fixed my character and I haven't seen the error since. My broken profile was over 2MB just like you said.

On 4/28/2022 at 4:16 AM, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Yeah the only real solution for now is fall back to 20.3 without knowing exactly what code was changed we cannot properly diagnose what broke. Please bring traction to this suggestion. 

I reverted back to 20.3 but i had been playing 20.4 for a while and brought back my old user with me... and I still get the error on 20.3 server and 20.3 client.

But it didn't start happening to me until 20.4 was released

Archived