During Load & Player Profile Edit: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TeacherMan

I am continually having this error appear in a debugging window both while loading a new game both as host and joining a new multiplayer game. I end up having to Ctrl+Alt+Del toi get out of the game and the game never loads. This happens during the "Creating Player" stage of the loading screen. I have deleted all old saves and this continues to reoccur. I have started a new multiplayer game and this continues to reoccur. I have tried joining a new multiplayer game that I am not the host for and this reoccurs and not for other people playing the game.

After further research, the error messages also appear when trying to edit the Player Profile (the player selection screen does not appear, only the list of Object Reference errors). I deleted the player.sfg file in the hidden AppData folder. This allowed the list of names to appear but the error codes immediately reappeared once I clicked on ones, and  I had to use Task Manager to quit the game again,

Fixes attempted:

1. Deleted old saves

2. Started a new game

3. Tried joining games instead of hosting

4. Uninstalled & reinstalled game

5. Verified Steam cache

6. Deleted all save folders & player.sfg file in the hidden AppData folder 

I am running Windows 10 with more than ample hardware. 

This happens on both the latest stable and the latest experimental. 

To my best knowledge, this happened after A20.4 b38 EXP

Summary: I am continually having this error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" appear in a debugging window at the top of the screen both while loading a new game both as host and joining a new multiplayer game. I end up having to Ctrl+Alt+Del toi get out of the game and the game never loads. This happens during the "Creating Player" stage of the loading screen.

Game Version: A20.4 b38 EXP

Platform: (PC )

OS/Version: (Windows) 10 Pro

System Memory: (32 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia Geforce GT 1030 ) & 2048MB

Screen Resolution: (1920 X 1080)

Video Settings: (Medium)

Game mode: (MP host & MP client)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off? (Both)

Bug Description: (see summary, screenshots & log file below)

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Boot a new game

2) Also occurrs when trying to edit player profile

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) Debugging window occurs during "Creating Player" part of loading screen and a continuous stream of text runs through it; this is unending and leads to a Task Manager necessary ending of the game. It also occurs when trying to edit the Player Profile.  See results above for fixes attempted. 

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

I expect the game to load. 

When trying to edit Player Profile:

spacer.png

Loading Screen:

spacer.png

Most recent output log that will form  (Pastebin can't handle its size):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xsj60bysyz8vg3/output_log__2022-04-15__22-20-56.txt?dl=0

Hi, I am having similar Issue but in different moment. Every time I am trying to generate world (no matter if I use advanced generation or normal generation) I am having this message pop up:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried all of the above including cleaning game multiple times and even reinstalling whole Steam. I had this issue since first stable Alpha 20 and none of the updates (20.1, 20.2 and 20.3) did fix this issue. I checked with alpha 19 (before a20 it worked fine) and I have no issue, but swapping to a20 and cleaning game files is not helping at all.

Error Message pop ups every single time when on "Writing Map Date Complete" texts shows on screen when generating. In all of the output logs from A20 I am having this part but I have no clue how to recompile plugin back to x64 architecture:

Failed to load 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Plugins/XInputInterface32.dll', expected x64 architecture, but was x86 architecture. You must recompile your plugin for x64 architecture.

My output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q4z5ftbutuv0p6/output_log__2022-04-22__13-20-58.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, luki12163 said:

Hi, I am having similar Issue but in different moment. Every time I am trying to generate world (no matter if I use advanced generation or normal generation) I am having this message pop up:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried all of the above including cleaning game multiple times and even reinstalling whole Steam. I had this issue since first stable Alpha 20 and none of the updates (20.1, 20.2 and 20.3) did fix this issue. I checked with alpha 19 (before a20 it worked fine) and I have no issue, but swapping to a20 and cleaning game files is not helping at all.

Error Message pop ups every single time when on "Writing Map Date Complete" texts shows on screen when generating. In all of the output logs from A20 I am having this part but I have no clue how to recompile plugin back to x64 architecture:

Failed to load 'D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Plugins/XInputInterface32.dll', expected x64 architecture, but was x86 architecture. You must recompile your plugin for x64 architecture.

My output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q4z5ftbutuv0p6/output_log__2022-04-22__13-20-58.txt?dl=0

x86 means your operating system is 32 bit while x64 refers to 64 bit operating system. You would need to upgrade your Windows version to 64 bit. I didn’t know that 7 Days could still run on 32 bit Windows versions.

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

x86 means your operating system is 32 bit while x64 refers to 64 bit operating system. You would need to upgrade your Windows version to 64 bit. I didn’t know that 7 Days could still run on 32 bit Windows versions.

Problem here is that I checked my operating system and it is 64 bit OS, so it can't be that. I assume that 7 days to die changed to 64 bit only in A20.

I’m just spitballing here….any chance there’s A19 files left over in your game folders? I would try cleaning your installation. If you have any saves that you really want to save, make a backup somewhere outside of the game folder. Bring up the game launcher, select Tools tab then check all of the boxes then hit clean. Next verify the integrity of the game files and do it twice. If this doesn’t fix it, maybe someone else will have a suggestion other than a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game.

52 minutes ago, luki12163 said:

I assume that 7 days to die changed to 64 bit only in A20.

Alpha 15 I believe is when it became 64 bit only. Before that 32 and 64 bit versions were offered.

6 hours ago, luki12163 said:

I have no clue how to recompile plugin back to x64 architecture:

Delete the files in your plugin folder and then validate your files through Steam to replace them with the latest version.

I see a prefab error in there as well so maybe delete your prefabs folder also and re-validate.

Archived