Poster Mod

MerlinSBC

I have not tried this but, I think some of the existing "poster" mods have images that the posters load ( on game start) with names like "image1.png', 'image2.png', etc. and you might be able to just replace the images with your own (keeping the format, name, and case of the name the same). they likely have to be sized the same.

Check here for some of them: https://7daystodiemods.com/?s=poster

On 4/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, Gamida said:

I added my own pictures in game one time but I had to painfully do it in unity. Sort of learn as I went. There are some mods that do add posters in but not sure if the pics can be changed.

As Gamida said, you have to do it through Unity and, yes, it can be painful at first. I'd recommend xyth's tutorial on getting new items into the game. You'll want to use Unity to make new blocks of them, then you'll need a little xml code to get them into the game--blocks.xml for sure, blockplaceholders.xml if you want to add them the paintings that randomly spawn in buildings.

It's a great project to get your feet wet with modding, and there are tons of helpful folks here on the forums or on Guppycur's Discord channel that will happy to help you over the bumps. Best of luck!

Archived