Is it foreseeable when there will be a final stable version?

[BR]-KuJo

On 4/4/2022 at 4:28 PM, Matt115 said:

7dtd is more alive that even cod vanguard and bf 2042 (i'm not joking). I thinking nobody here it thinking that 7dtd is dying - well have very alive comunity. So this game will be more alive that conan or rust after next 10 year.  i'm complaining a lot of about diffrent stuff but honestly this game is so long "work in progress" but have 20k on steam playing in this same.  I agree with Roland about end of 2023. TFP is trying to finish 7dtd as fast as possible - just more poi, bandits , water and armor. Nothing crazy. so don't so big changes. Just more content and then few month of fixing and..... it will be done :) so next year will be last. 

No I don't think your joking and that really worries me because COD and bf 2042 are some of the worse games ever released by Activisionblizzard and Electronic Arts respectively. Riddled with bugs, exploits and dev team's that don't listen to hardly anything but the ones that say "Your game is good, everyone else is just complaining." I don't think the fun pimps appreciate being compared to people who sexually harass their employee's and work them to the point exhaustion. No I don't feel TFP is anything like that. However since the SINGLE game is so popular at an affordable price, my concern is as TFP inevitably becomes bigger and bigger, this ideal of listening to the playerbase thats trying to help will fade. Ark is already doing it. Single player expansions, announcing Ark 2 so they don't have to fix the mesh exploits and bugs in their other expansions that still make it unfair today.

So I will complain about things that need to be looked into, just as anyone should on problems they experience with any company. Being content just isn't for me anymore.

1 hour ago, SURVIVE said:

No I don't think your joking and that really worries me because COD and bf 2042 are some of the worse games ever released by Activisionblizzard and Electronic Arts respectively. Riddled with bugs, exploits and dev team's that don't listen to hardly anything but the ones that say "Your game is good, everyone else is just complaining." I don't think the fun pimps appreciate being compared to people who sexually harass their employee's and work them to the point exhaustion. No I don't feel TFP is anything like that. However since the SINGLE game is so popular at an affordable price, my concern is as TFP inevitably becomes bigger and bigger, this ideal of listening to the playerbase thats trying to help will fade. Ark is already doing it. Single player expansions, announcing Ark 2 so they don't have to fix the mesh exploits and bugs in their other expansions that still make it unfair today.

So I will complain about things that need to be looked into, just as anyone should on problems they experience with any company. Being content just isn't for me anymore.

And mincraft was getting small updated and rare for long time. And what? nothing. people play in minecraft but if they want more they use mods. You know why i say about cod? Because even people who don't know about 7dtd but are famouse in cod comunnity said that vanguard have less viewiers that 7dtd. Well - sicks things happens in companies but... if game is good people will play no matter what happens in companies. So people don't play in vanguard not because harass but because it's bad game ( i think 60% of cod buyers even don't know about  harrasment in Actiblizzard). 

TFP doing what they promised. But they want to finish game ( well they doing this game since 2013) so... it's too late for big changes - just add missing parts, fix bugs. And community know about that. TFP listen players, just not everything can be implemented 

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

And mincraft was getting small updated and rare for long time. And what? nothing. people play in minecraft but if they want more they use mods. You know why i say about cod? Because even people who don't know about 7dtd but are famouse in cod comunnity said that vanguard have less viewiers that 7dtd. Well - sicks things happens in companies but... if game is good people will play no matter what happens in companies. So people don't play in vanguard not because harass but because it's bad game ( i think 60% of cod buyers even don't know about  harrasment in Actiblizzard). 

TFP doing what they promised. But they want to finish game ( well they doing this game since 2013) so... it's too late for big changes - just add missing parts, fix bugs. And community know about that. TFP listen players, just not everything can be implemented 

most of what you said sounds either hypothetical or as if you are unsure. well let me assure you. People in our newly "woke" world will annihilate anyone in the public eye at a mere mention of sexual misconduct on their part. It definitely affects overall sales and makes basically anyone not want to be involved with you or your associates. It's fine finishing the game, however the realism they wanted way back when definitely isn't happening. I've been supporting indie devs ever since I heard about DST or dont starve. and there again Kline releases hardly any fixes instead focusing on a new project, souring long time fans making them think "well I was taken for a ride." because it happens all the time and will continue to happen as long as there is a person who's willing to let it happen. THE HAPPENING. And I love mods, I do. but at some point it makes the developer lazy and say "if they really REALLY want it, they can mod it themselves." The core aspects of even AAA games have been affected by this.

Sexual harassment can definitely impact a companie, be more realistic abouthow realistic you can make your game and mods shouldn't be the solution to a lazy developer.  need I say more? I'm sure everyone hopes so.

7 hours ago, SURVIVE said:

my concern is as TFP inevitably becomes bigger and bigger, this ideal of listening to the playerbase thats trying to help will fade.

You see... the best part about mods in this game is that the players make them, not the devs (mostly, not that devs couldn't also make them...).  Even if TFP stopped caring about 7DTD some day, the player base, especially the modding community, will continue to improve things and mod the game.  The only way TFP could truly spoil things is if they became completely hostile to the player base, but that would be economically suicidal and very unlikely to happen.

1 hour ago, SURVIVE said:

most of what you said sounds either hypothetical or as if you are unsure. well let me assure you. People in our newly "woke" world will annihilate anyone in the public eye at a mere mention of sexual misconduct on their part. It definitely affects overall sales and makes basically anyone not want to be involved with you or your associates. It's fine finishing the game, however the realism they wanted way back when definitely isn't happening. I've been supporting indie devs ever since I heard about DST or dont starve. and there again Kline releases hardly any fixes instead focusing on a new project, souring long time fans making them think "well I was taken for a ride." because it happens all the time and will continue to happen as long as there is a person who's willing to let it happen. THE HAPPENING. And I love mods, I do. but at some point it makes the developer lazy and say "if they really REALLY want it, they can mod it themselves." The core aspects of even AAA games have been affected by this.

Sexual harassment can definitely impact a companie, be more realistic abouthow realistic you can make your game and mods shouldn't be the solution to a lazy developer.  need I say more? I'm sure everyone hopes so.

Well most AAA don't let you mod their game - well this is logical - i think BF or cod even AC earn a lot on microstransation and dlc.   And  people don't care too much they will be just writing in internet but will buy game - data say that some people buy game like fifa or cod every year no matter how will be opinion of reviews before release - just another year another game. You know - some people don't spend time reading news. Buy they buy games when they are in shops and play them after work or buy them as gift - so they don't care. Even famous people connected with cod advice to not buy cod and they are frustated that people buying budle pack XD So- yeah cod sells bad  but this sell good enough to pay themself .  TFP guys were moders. So...  they wanted to create "modable" game. Why? because they know that a lot of things can work diffrent so people can do their own mods. TFP are not lazy - their are making this game 9 years - a lot of things was change - check A10 and then A20. So - now they will add bandits ( at least in A21 and A22), rework water add POi etc then 1 year of fixing, balancing AKA  BETA  and that's all. So they will fix things for sure - but it will be  fixing bugs not reworking

3 minutes ago, Maharin said:

You see... the best part about mods in this game is that the players make them, not the devs (mostly, not that devs couldn't also make them...).  Even if TFP stopped caring about 7DTD some day, the player base, especially the modding community, will continue to improve things and mod the game.  The only way TFP could truly spoil things is if they became completely hostile to the player base, but that would be economically suicidal and very unlikely to happen.

Unfortunatly this way of  thinking is bad too - sometimes the best thing that can happend to game is just let game die - if skyrim just died 4 years after release we would have TES 7 now - new lore, better graphic etc . But now we have anime sexxy  girl mods xd

12 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Unfortunatly this way of  thinking is bad too - sometimes the best thing that can happend to game is just let game die - if skyrim just died 4 years after release we would have TES 7 now - new lore, better graphic etc . But now we have anime sexxy  girl mods xd

First off, if they were on TES7 already then the ones after Skyrim would have sucked hard core.  :p

Secondly, making a game as modable as 7DTD is will make it last as long as there are interested players and modders.  How can that be a bad thing?  The devs deserve credit for making this game have a nearly infinite lifespan instead of being just another "play it and done" game.  There are no downsides to this approach.  None.

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

First off, if they were on TES7 already then the ones after Skyrim would have sucked hard core.  :p

Secondly, making a game as modable as 7DTD is will make it last as long as there are interested players and modders.  How can that be a bad thing?  The devs deserve credit for making this game have a nearly infinite lifespan instead of being just another "play it and done" game.  There are no downsides to this approach.  None.

It can be a bad thing because some games that DO deserve a sequel won't get one because of that thought process. and let's face it, by the time it's finished most of us will have already "played it and done" by then, leaving nothing but the mods most of us have tryed already in an attempt to either correct the game or make it fun again. Downsides exist always, to think otherwise is to invite defeat in any form. and also thanks to the "let the modders handle it" attitude, it's becoming an actual discussion in the AAA community, so thanks all lazy aholes and their supporters everywhere.

4 hours ago, SURVIVE said:

It can be a bad thing because some games that DO deserve a sequel won't get one because of that thought process. and let's face it, by the time it's finished most of us will have already "played it and done" by then, leaving nothing but the mods most of us have tryed already in an attempt to either correct the game or make it fun again. Downsides exist always, to think otherwise is to invite defeat in any form. and also thanks to the "let the modders handle it" attitude, it's becoming an actual discussion in the AAA community, so thanks all lazy aholes and their supporters everywhere.

You do realize that the level of modification that 7DTD allows is rare, right?  Most modable games allow you to add similar content to extend the game in some way, not completely change it.  You could turn 7DTD into Toddlers and Tiaras: Combat Edition if you wanted to.

10 hours ago, Maharin said:

1. Yep some fans were complaing that skyrim is not hard and simpler that morrowind ( they hate oblivion too). But Skyrim was gold mine for LORE fans. So another game = more lore. So any mod with solve this problem. - why? mods are uncanon

2. Yes it will be bad thing and skyrim is good example of this - if skyrim was dead ( by this i mean hear - people woudn't buy this anymore) we would get another CANON game. Cod bo2 have mods - you can find mod maps - some of them are even better that made by Treyarch.. but this maps are uncanon so... this maps don't matter. And mods can limit devs - total war is good example. We will never get LOTR game in this series. Why? There is few good LOTR mods. I would send you a link about attila but it's in polish and don't have english subtiles - but in short. FS_NOYAN is pretty well know in polish total war community. He think that  Attila and next total war game are so limited about mods because Total war devs don't want have competition - if they would made LOTR game it will be compare to free mod and a lot of players will just play in mod not bought a game. So can we expect medieval 7DTD? Unfortunatly not. why? because after gold modders can mod 7dtd into medieval xd so a lot of players woudn't buy new 7dtd medieval because there will be free mod right?

Archived