Help with multiplayer

Lordmom3

As background information I play on the ps4.  And I realize I posted this in PC. I saw that too late and I can't delete it. 

Now my issue... every time I log into a multi player game it loads a new game. Now for weeks I've thought this is just how multi player works but I was playing tonight and some kid told me his stuff saves. Now granted this is a kid so that's why I'm turning to the adults. Is this how the multi player mode works? 

Also I do constantly get booted from servers told I'm disconnected from my Playstation network when I'm not. It's why I stooped playing tonight. I got so far and then I got kicked and I know when I search for a multi player game it won't load where I was and I will have to start over. 

On the bright side I have developed quite the system for finding everything I need fast. 

Please help me I love this game!

Edited by Lordmom3 (see edit history)

I moved this thread to the console section.

Do you start over even if you connect to THE SAME multi player game again? You only keep the progress if you connect to the exact same multiplayer you were logged in before. You can have different saves at different games at the same time naturally but each world lives in its own dimension

How long can you play on average until you are kicked?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Yeah, more specific details on what you're doing would be useful. 

Based on what it sounds like you're saying, you are just randomly connecting to other people's games. Which would explain why your stuff doesn't appear to be saving. It is being saved, but only in each specific mp match you are joining. Your data doesn't carry across different players games. If you wanted to continue a mp game you were playing, you would have to connect to that same mp server again.

As for getting kicked, there are a number of possible things going on there. Maybe the host stopped playing, or it was a network issue; or possibly they realized you had joined, didn't want the company, and gave you the boot.  Again, more detailed information would be helpful in determining what is happening.

Yeah, your builds, items, etc will only be there if you return to the exact player's game world. If you join a random player's game online and then leave, you will have to start over unless you join the same game again  I'm not big into online multiplayer so I tend to just play solo on Local game. Your best bet is to either start your own online multiplayer world, private game or local if you always want your stuff to save and be there, that is unless you know someone where you can always join their game and play together.