No deep canyons in 10k Pregen?

OneSki

2 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Why do you make such a big deal out of it? Just make a 10k custom map and crank up the crevasses slider to the max. 🤷

Because I’m playing on a server that isn’t mine, and the other maps have 2 canyons each without changing any settings. No reason the largest map should have zero. 

41 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Shouldn't you ask the server admin?

It would involve wiping and restarting the server, which would be really unfair for everyone who has bases well established to have to start over because 2 people wanted canyons.

Just now, Rotor said:

Well sucks then, but even if it was remade you are back to reload.  Good luck.

I understand. I was more asking in hopes that the developers could tell me why the largest map is the only one without a deep canyon.

Post it as a bug in the bug forum. Your expected result from generating a 10km map would be that there are 1 or more deep canyons but there is not one and you've generated x 10km maps to verify. Musing about it here in general discussions is fine but if it is a bug and you want it fixed then post it there. If it turns out it IS the intended design they will tell you that it is working as intended and then you can REALLY ramp up the wtf question. :)

On 3/3/2022 at 6:04 AM, OneSki said:

All the smaller maps have 2 deep canyons, but the 10k pregen has zero??? Why?!

Why would all three pregen maps have all the same features? They are not handcrafted maps after all. You do realize that right? They were just maps made using the same RWG tool that any other maps use. Devs included a few that they generated and decided were good enough to be playable so some people could either forego making their own or play on the same map as someone else. You're overthinking this if you're expecting all them to include the same things.