Null ReferenceException: object reference not set to an instance of an object

NamNam

Hello, i have an issue where when i try to create a random generated map i get this Null ReferenceException: object reference not set to an instance of an object error while the map is being generated. I uninstalled reinstalled the game used the launcher to erase all cache i made the game as fresh as possible i used the steam validate files etc.. nothing works.

LOG :https://pastebin.com/QUWThamR

Edited by SylenThunder
Fixed wall of text. Please learn how to read Pinned threads. (see edit history)

So i erased mods folder the entier 7d2d folder and anything related to 7d2d , i cleaned the cache through the launcher when i re installed the game , verified the files twice, and i also tried going back to alpha 19.6 and  making a map (that worked) then going back to 20.3 and gave me the same error again. I'm at the 4th time reinstalling the game after clearing everything.

1 hour ago, NamNam said:

So i erased mods folder the entier 7d2d folder and anything related to 7d2d , i cleaned the cache through the launcher when i re installed the game , verified the files twice, and i also tried going back to alpha 19.6 and  making a map (that worked) then going back to 20.3 and gave me the same error again. I'm at the 4th time reinstalling the game after clearing everything.

Se here's the thing.

If you have any data from a19, it will cause an issue with a20.  So by going back to a19 and making a map, you basically shot yourself in the foot for having a good experience in a20. That is exactly why I said to wipe all previously generated maps.  Instructions for nuking old data is in the banner at the top of the forum.

I did that twice already like i said. I used Alpha 19.6 then deleted the entier game (it was just to see if the error showed up on alpha 19.6 as well) then reinstalled the entier game and then used the launcher to clear all cache then deleted the mod file just in case and then still had that issue . I have deleted / reinstalled the game 4x and only once did i try the alpha 19.6 trick .

So i just did step by step what you said just in case and i still have the same issue. When its "cleaning data" it goes on for around 40 seconds then stops shows the error and says writing map data complete and stays like that indefenitly.

Bizarre, that should have solved your issue. Do me a favor and try something......delete your prefab folder then verify your files twice again. It will redownload the prefab folder. The error in your first log showed missing prefab blocks when generating roads. Do you happen to be on a wireless connection? Do you have any odd internet issues? I'm just trying to understand why the files aren't downloading correctly.

Hi sorry for the late reply, i have 10Mb of more or less stable connection on wifi with a wificard in the computer in alpha 19.6 i had an issue where i had random untouchable "walls" that would create themselves in pois i could go through those walls etc.. maybe that is related ? ill give an update when im done from work if your solution worked ^^ ty

Eureka it worked ! So when i got rid of prefabs and verified the first time it said x files failed to verify redownload (ofc since it was deleted), once re downloaded i refverified again it said everything was good, just in case i reverified a 3rd time and it said 1 file failed to verify . It did so 4x so i went on to re erase the prefab again and redo the whole thing and once reverified 3 times it worked. I have no clue why or what but a map was born . What a fight to get this to work :p