New idea for building tool

MajorPoison

I'm picturing a hand sander or grinder that very rapidly takes away one hp from any terrain block it's used on, like asphalt, to let us better contour the land surfaces to our liking. of course, it wouldn't give back regular resources. it'd give crushed sand when used on stone and nothing used on dirt or ores. also, perhaps using it on dirt or any "softer" materials like sand would make it degrade quicker, like it's ruining the sandpaper.

11 hours ago, Diragor said:

You don't need that actually. Just place blocks on the ground they will level it out. I did that for my base. covered everything around with blocks, the ground was perfectly flat under it And than you can pick them up :D

you misunderstand. i'm not talking about making them parallel to the horizontal plane, i'm talking about contouring the land(angling it) to make it look and flow more naturally, like how it generates in normally.

There is a developer tool for raising and lowering terrain.  That doesn’t make this idea moot, though.  In my experience, adjusting terrain density with the prefab editor tool is a pain.  A new tool designed to easily smooth things out would be nice, especially if it could both add and subtract mass granularly.

OP’s is similar to requests to add a lawn mower to swiftly remove large areas of grass, which I understand there are already mods to do, for what that’s worth.

11 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

There is a developer tool for raising and lowering terrain.  That doesn’t make this idea moot, though.  In my experience, adjusting terrain density with the prefab editor tool is a pain.  A new tool designed to easily smooth things out would be nice, especially if it could both add and subtract mass granularly.

OP’s is similar to requests to add a lawn mower to swiftly remove large areas of grass, which I understand there are already mods to do, for what that’s worth.

it's not quite like removing large areas of grass, but adding the gradual slopes that natural terrain generation provides with or without damaging the actual terrain, either way works.