Can't join friends server

Jerikk0

I am trying to join a friends new server on 20.1 b5, I have updated my client and his server is also on 20.1 b5.  I can create a single player game but when I try to join their server I get hung up on Creating Player and the command says:

ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (ch=0)
EXC Parsed data size (1342) does not match expected size (1347) in NetPackagePlayerID

And then just hangs on Creating Player.

I have created a new profile, verified, reinstalled, restarted server, and still getting issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thanks.

My client is 20.1 b5 and server was also 20.1 b5.  The game wouldn't even let me join until I updated to 20.1 b5 as it was greyed out and I could not click connect until I upgraded.  Is there something else I am overlooking to check server versions? 

can you connect to other P2P games?

can you connect to other dedi servers?

you said you can create and play a SP game so issue could be in your internet connection, ISP configurations/restrictions, firewall blocking you on outgoing/incoming, could be issue with hardware in computer or modem...

or

could be a server issue (such as misconfigured and or missing files or permissions)... could be anything hence the multi-tude of questions that need to be answered.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Server allows 16 and only 2 have been on.  However, the two on the server are running off same internet connection.  I have completely deleted all save files and data through tools launcher and he has deleted my character saves and even did an entire server wipe and reset but still getting same issue when getting to create player. 

• 3 months later...

It depends on which mod. Most mods are kept in the Mods folder in the main 7 Days folder. However, certain mods change vanilla files. So I would first delete the Mods folder then try verifying integrity of game flies and run that twice. That should fix it. If it doesn’t the bring up the game launcher, select tools tab and you want to clean your files. If you have a single player save that you want to keep, check all the boxes except saved games, if you don’t have a single player game then check that box and select clean. Hopefully, you’ll be back playing normally.