Unity error since 20.1

Exxodous

Been getting this since 20.1  Can anyone tell me what is causing it?   Crashes me to desktop every time.  Sometimes I can play 2 hours then it will happen every 5 or 10 min.  Other times will start after 15 min play time.  There's also some sort of audio input error that shows up in my task bar, but I didn't get a screenshot.  When I log back in I'm about 45 seconds behind where I crashed.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

image.png.5b8c670ed0c7d40473e5fd1d4f79e37c.png

Seems like certain sounds trigger it. Like starting a quest or closing a door.  I think 3 times it's happened immediately after clicking on the quest start marker.

Here's the output log.  Yes I'm using mods but had no issues before 20.1 so I don't expect any official support, I was just hoping one of you savvy programmer type players might be able to see the issue.

https://pastebin.com/kQ2TgqxD

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

I haven’t figured out exactly what’s causing this yet. I “think” it has something to do with the code that was written to fix the vehicle/zombies/turrets falling through the ground issue that was addressed in A20.1. As to why it’s happening to some player positions, I’m just not sure. If I was to make a wild, unsubstantiated guess, I’d say cleaning all worlds/saves using the game launcher and generating a new seed with A20.1 and see if that fixes it. It might be that worlds made with A20 are not compatible with A20.1. That’s just a hunch though.

33 minutes ago, Star69 said:

I haven’t figured out exactly what’s causing this yet. I “think” it has something to do with the code that was written to fix the vehicle/zombies/turrets falling through the ground issue that was addressed in A20.1. As to why it’s happening to some player positions, I’m just not sure. If I was to make a wild, unsubstantiated guess, I’d say cleaning all worlds/saves using the game launcher and generating a new seed with A20.1 and see if that fixes it. It might be that worlds made with A20 are not compatible with A20.1. That’s just a hunch though.

If he is getting the same error as I did, cleaning all the worlds / saves did not make a significant difference.  Right now I am doing a complete reinstallment to see if that fixes the issue (installing directly to A20.1 rather than upgrading from A20.0) but I am not confident that this will fix the issue; more doing it so I can issue a proper bug report this week.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, Exxodous said:

Been getting this since 20.1  Can anyone tell me what is causing it?   Crashes me to desktop every time.  Sometimes I can play 2 hours then it will happen every 5 or 10 min.  Other times will start after 15 min play time.  There's also some sort of audio input error that shows up in my task bar, but I didn't get a screenshot.  When I log back in I'm about 45 seconds behind where I crashed.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you look at the error report? Is it a stack over flow or something else?

On 1/23/2022 at 9:21 AM, Exxodous said:

2 nights ago I got kicked from a server game where I was the last player on. For the past 2 days whenever I try to log into the game on the server this same box appears and kicks me back out to desktop and we are playing on the experimental version at the moment. We swapped back over from A20. I can play my own game from my system. Will stay tuned for any info regarding this issue as I am not the only player encountering this. Thanks

5 hours ago, PThunderhorse said:

Did you look at the error report? Is it a stack over flow or something else?

I did look at the report.  All I can tell you is there were tons of origin reposition lines in the report.  I've no clue what that means.

I have been getting this and it is very annoying and disappointing...

I haven't installed the experimental and am playing on the "stable" version. 

Every time this crash pops up it is when my vehicle has hit something. The worst case was my gyrocopter hit a street light and I got the crash, then I loaded into the world again and my gyro was gone. Drove my bike to a trader quest, finished the quest and began driving to the trader, then got teleported on my gyro nowhere near where I just was. 

Then reloaded the world just in case and my toolbar was wiped. This was a 40 hour world and was my first proper A20 world...

I now am paranoid every time I play and backup my world every 15 minutes or so. 

They will never fix it either... 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, Exxodous said:

Fatal recently posted that it is a default Unity setting that he turned on in A20.1 that’s causing the error. He will be turning this setting off in the next update and work with someone from Unity to resolve the problem. The setting is supposed to offer some optimization but isn’t working as expected. 

3 hours ago, Star69 said:

Fatal recently posted that it is a default Unity setting that he turned on in A20.1 that’s causing the error. He will be turning this setting off in the next update and work with someone from Unity to resolve the problem. The setting is supposed to offer some optimization but isn’t working as expected. 

I am hoping that fixes the issue I been seeing.  That confirms though when I saw the issue popped up in 20.1 but 20.0 was running fine on my machine.  I also saw notice that other testers at TFP were seeing crashes.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Star69 said:

Hope it's soon, because it's currently unplayable for me.