Underground farming problem

renejant

hi guys, i have encountered a little issue.

I seem not being able to plant crops in my underground farm section of my base.  Above ground, it just work fine, but underground, using the farm plots, it won't let me plant any crops in it! Can anyone tell me or explain to me why this won't work??? See below/attached pictures for what i mean!

I have looked at the config files, but i cannot find any clue in the codes on what it prevents me from doing so. If a modder can make a mod for this, then i would be happy!

A20.0_2022-01-12_22-21-03.jpg

A20.0_2022-01-12_22-23-00.jpg

4 minutes ago, DEATH MECHANIC said:

pretty sure you have to have sun light to get to the plants to grow, so cant plant under ground without light coming from top.

I agree with you on this, but in the past, i have seen a you-tuber being able to plant it underground, i dunno who it was, but he seems to do it... ok i understand that with A20 things have changed... but i think the game should still be able to do so...

i just tested in my a20 and 21 builds and can indeed farm underground at bedrock  IF you have a ceiling high enough for plants to grow (eg:corn) and.. you must have some light source (such as a 1m opening all the way up to allow normal light down to cover a small radius (? dont know radius). i do have a simple glass block up at the tunnel opening and still can plant down there. up to the individual to test if you can block the tunnel with bars and such.. but i feel as tho, if light can get thru such as glass then an iron bar should work. dunno :)

2 hours ago, renejant said:

I agree with you on this, but in the past, i have seen a you-tuber being able to plant it underground, i dunno who it was, but he seems to do it... ok i understand that with A20 things have changed... but i think the game should still be able to do so...

I've been playing since Alpha 9. Plants have always needed sunlight. Your You-Tuber either had a shaft, or was using mods.

8 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

i just tested in my a20 and 21 builds and can indeed farm underground at bedrock  IF you have a ceiling high enough for plants to grow (eg:corn) and.. you must have some light source (such as a 1m opening all the way up to allow normal light down to cover a small radius (? dont know radius). i do have a simple glass block up at the tunnel opening and still can plant down there. up to the individual to test if you can block the tunnel with bars and such.. but i feel as tho, if light can get thru such as glass then an iron bar should work. dunno :)

Thanks, im going to try to build a shaft and see if that works...