NPCMod and Addons

xyth

There is a suggestion about this mod, is it possible to add a function to the NPCs so that they, like the NPCs from The Forest game, can extract wood / stone, transfer things to the base or destroy one or another block indicated by the player?

spacer.png

On 8/9/2024 at 8:28 AM, PyegamingYT said:

Hello! Im trying to load the mod 0-Score. I have the latest version for 1.0 But every time I load and check the console I see

"Failed initializing ModAPI instance on mod '0-SCore_sphereil; from DLL 'SCore.dll'
"EXC Could not load file or asssembly '0Harmony, Version=222.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies."

Is there something I've done wrong? Its version 1.0.45.853 the latest

You maybe missing the 0_TFP_Harmony mod in your Mods folder

On 8/9/2024 at 8:31 AM, Khajiit said:

There is a suggestion about this mod, is it possible to add a function to the NPCs so that they, like the NPCs from The Forest game, can extract wood / stone, transfer things to the base or destroy one or another block indicated by the player?

Its possible, There is a Looting task already, and this year we will be adding more utility tasks, so stay tuned.

Why i cannot give any soldier a weapon? it worked before now it doesnt.

On 8/9/2024 at 2:28 PM, PyegamingYT said:

Hello! Im trying to load the mod 0-Score. I have the latest version for 1.0 But every time I load and check the console I see

"Failed initializing ModAPI instance on mod '0-SCore_sphereil; from DLL 'SCore.dll'
"EXC Could not load file or asssembly '0Harmony, Version=222.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies."

Is there something I've done wrong? Its version 1.0.45.853 the latest

Do repair game on steam, that fixed it for me. Also make sure you do not use experimental version.

Also make sure you have the harmony folder in "Mods" folder, i uploaded the harmony folder:

https://easyupload.io/t90com

I myselfe have a question, why i cannot give soldiers any weapons? it worked in A21

Edited by marbu (see edit history)

3 hours ago, marbu said:

Why i cannot give any soldier a weapon? it worked before now it doesnt.

Do repair game on steam, that fixed it for me. Also make sure you do not use experimental version.

Also make sure you have the harmony folder in "Mods" folder, i uploaded the harmony folder:

https://easyupload.io/t90com

I myselfe have a question, why i cannot give soldiers any weapons? it worked in A21

Look at the Tags on each entity.  That lists only the weapons that a character can use.   Not all characters can use all weapons, it depends on the authors choices in what they hooked up in Unity.

Where do i see them? oh i see my post got merged, i thought my first post was gone lol

I guess when hiring a melee guy just melee weapons

pistol guy just pistol..

ok makes sense. However it seems like the companions now do nomore hit very good they keep missing alot.

Edited by marbu (see edit history)

I seem to have found a compatibility issue with your mod. If a player is using any zombie spawn multiplier mod npcs will not appear However, both your zombie and dino mods will work. This was not a problem in earlier versions as I played with these mods together before and it worked fine.

I'm guessing it has to do with the new spawning system. I have found that if the spawn multiplier mod is move up in the loading order npcs will spawn due to your mod overriding it. I contacted both of their mod authors as I tested similar mods with the same results. no reply as of yet though they were only contacted shortly before this post.

below are the mods I tested individually from nexus.

EXTRA Mob Spawns 2x 4x 10x (V1 B333) Updated at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) the X4 version

MORE ZOMBIE X2 X4 X8 VERSION 1 at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) the X8 version

Yes. That's correct. Using these mods will cause compatibility issues.

The creator of one of those mods is using an append which is totally overwriting the whole of the original spawning settings rather than pinpointing for very specific settings. The other creator is removing the original and then adding it back in. Either way, since they load after the 0-XNPCCore and its 1-AddOnPacks, they are effectively being wiped. It is unfortunate they do not consider the effect their changes will bring. A warning in the description would allow users to understand the implications.

If you were to rename these mods to something like 0-ExtraSpawns or 0-MoreZombie, with the 0- at the front, it will load them before 0-XNPCCore and any 1-AddOnPacks. The NPC Mod can load after and retain their actions.

It was kind of you to contact the mod authors on top of sharing this issue because it will allow them, and other users, to be aware of what to expect if they use these mods.

Hi,

Totally new on the scene and new to this mod pack.

I got into a paper trail and ended up here as I was after spiders in my game. Now you have a Spider pack and to use this pack I have to install the two main files and the Spider mod of course, placing all three into MODS folder.

Created a new game, random world.

Now I really want to have spiders only, I can not find how to deactivate the NPC's and other stuff.

What would be the easiest way to adjust the content of what appears in game. ?

Thank you..

1. Go into the 0-XNPCCore mod folder.
2. Then go into the Config folder.

3. Go into the Options folder.

4. Unzip the 1-XNPCCore-NoCoreHumanNPCs.zip file.

5. Place the unzipped 1-XNPCCore-NoCoreHumanNPCs folder in your Mods folder. It is a mod that stops humans appearing from the 0-XNPCCore Mod, such as the Nurse, Baker, and Bandit Harley.

It will stop the human NPCs appearing. You will see a fox and jeerkoa animal rarely, but no humans.

Now for the spiders.

1. Go into the 1-NPCXSpiderColonyExpansionPack Mod folder.

2. Then go into the Config folder.

3. Open the spawning.xml file.

4. In all places you see maxcount="1", change it to "2". In all places you see "2", change it to "3". This means more than 1 spider has a chance to appear at their spawn locations.

5. In all places you see respawndelay, halve that number. "1" becomes "0.5". This means change the respawn time from every 60 minutes to 30 minutes.

For more spiders increase the maxcount. For spiders to respawn more frequently, reduce the respawndelay number.

One small warning... these spiders can climb ladders.

14 hours ago, arramus said:

Yes. That's correct. Using these mods will cause compatibility issues.

The creator of one of those mods is using an append which is totally overwriting the whole of the original spawning settings rather than pinpointing for very specific settings. The other creator is removing the original and then adding it back in. Either way, since they load after the 0-XNPCCore and its 1-AddOnPacks, they are effectively being wiped. It is unfortunate they do not consider the effect their changes will bring. A warning in the description would allow users to understand the implications.

If you were to rename these mods to something like 0-ExtraSpawns or 0-MoreZombie, with the 0- at the front, it will load them before 0-XNPCCore and any 1-AddOnPacks. The NPC Mod can load after and retain their actions.

It was kind of you to contact the mod authors on top of sharing this issue because it will allow them, and other users, to be aware of what to expect if they use these mods.

Thank you arramus for your quick reply. It is my hope that through contacting everyone that (A) the creators can further compatibility and (B) other players can find these posts if they to find themselves with the same issue. You also correct about changing the name of the mod however there is something strange happening with ExtraSpawns.

Their mod seems to lower spawn rate to something like X2 or X3 when overridden it is a notice difference but still above vanilla lvls (I don't know why this is) I have edited my post to them.

Personally, I hope the community can fix any issues now before steam workshop is released as I'm sure things will get a little crazy when that happens.

Using two modlets right now...

1-NPCXBirdPack: https://github.com/7D2D/V1.0-Mods/tree/main/1-NPCXBirdPack

Adds birds to the sky

and my favourite and reason I came here :

1-NPCXSpiderColonyExpansionPack

Download here: https://github.com/arramus/V1-NPCMod/blob/main/1-NPCXSpiderColonyExpansionPack.zip

Birds is a nice surprise, atmospherically super feel at Blood Moon...

Could do with more small black birds like flying about in the forest maybe during the day. Not sure on the big birds as they fly a little stiff..

Spiders are .. WOW, the animation is very funky. I know its probably beyond the scope of the engine but I so would love the spiders to be able to crawl on walls and ceilings.

Spiders do not dismember when blown up, but that be luxury .. 

Some head hitboxes on certain ones I find easier to hit than others with guns.

Having rooms in some POI where a spider would be on the ceiling awaiting to drop would be absolutely heart stopping.

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)

The bird pack has very very old models, from A17 or something close, was a proof of concept then but is due for a refresh.  Same with the spider models, basic, but Arramus has made a great addon pack with them.  Spiders are challenging due to all the legs 🙂

I had 2 times now a problem with this mod, after day 12 if you craft those "Move, Stop, Mode" you cannot load your invenory, restarting game resets all quests, and you loose all your inventory.

I hired Baker Billy on Day 1 and it is Day 16. I hadn't used any of the NPC Action features until just now. I crafted an NPC Action: Mod, Stop, and Help button. I was not able to experience any issues with loading inventory. Restarting the game didn't reset any quests or loss of inventory.

Then again, it was only 0-Score and 0-XNPCCore on Navezgane since this is a test save that is used to assess any changes to NPC Mod updates soon after they are released. It is also a helpful save to verify issues that are posted.

I was unable to replicate the issue on this occasion but you can always share your log which may assist with understanding what happened in more detail.

It didnt create a log, no error message at all, no console. I got that "wake up" screen when you start a new game or died. Still i got no death. Base is still there, just quest reset and all inventrory in my quickbar and backpack. Also i "respawned" where i last logged off. Also i do not use the experimental version. But this was when i restarted the game.

On the first time i was walking back to my base and then that "respawn screen" appeared with all above said effects.

On 8/22/2024 at 12:47 PM, Jay_ombie said:

Small visual oddity..

20240822174125-1.jpg

Chef guy animation doesn't hold the spear properly..

Thanks, will see if I can adjust that out.

1 hour ago, xyth said:

Added a link on main page to 'A Better Life' mod that adds fish to larger water bodies

"The skies were not ignored either; Enter and explore a world with a variety of flying birds, including seaguls, eagles and butterflies."

Does this make the Birds mod obsolete ?

18 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

"The skies were not ignored either; Enter and explore a world with a variety of flying birds, including seaguls, eagles and butterflies."

Does this make the Birds mod obsolete ?

No.  Thats an outdated reference in the betterlife mod from when it had more than fish.  

Hi! I love this MOD 🙂

But I have a problem with 1.0: it got stuck in the loading screen.

Downloading 0-Score is a zip file and when I extract it it's creating a 0-SCore-1.0.60.1616. Is that the right name?

Thank's!

Yes. The 0-Score is stored in two places, and apart from the folder name they will be exactly the same.

One version is here:

https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/master/Mods

It is part of a full bundle of mods with one of them called 0-Score.

It is version 1.0.60.1616.

Another version is here:

https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/releases/latest and it directs you to the very latest build which is here https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/releases/tag/1.0.60.1616

It is the stand alone version of 0-Score. It was added here like this because we requested it and Sphereii kindly maintains it. This is because it is helpful for places like Nexus which only need 0-Score and not the whole bundle.

It is also version 1.0.60.1616. The only difference is that the folder is called 0-SCore-1.0.60.1616 instead of the above 0-Score.

The important thing is that both of these versions have exactly the same name in the ModInfo.xml file which the game reads of 0-SCore_sphereii.

That is important because some mods and overhauls use it to turn on and off certain 0-Score features.

I use the top version because I have the Github downloader and it keeps it up to date as soon as a release is shared.

People using Preppocalypse use the bottom version because it is an easy direct link from Nexus or 'direct' manually.

The link shared for V1.0 for the NPC Mod is the stand alone version.
V1.0 SCore: (0-Score) https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/releases/latest

As you are seeing, it will unzip as 0-SCore-1.0.60.1616 and that is just fine.

If you are able to share your log, it will help us understand why it is getting stuck at the loading screen.

I use 0-Score in Preppocalypse. When we hit the F1 key it will open the console and in the top right it will provide a tab which takes you to your log.

If you can paste the contents in https://pastebin.com/ and share the link here, it will allow someone to scan and check for possible reasons for the loading screen stuck state.

This is how a successful load generally looks. If you are getting stuck, hitting the F1 key to open the console will possibly show scrolling red error warning lines.

This image shows the 'Open logs folder' at the top right.

spacer.png

Hi,About the NPC material shader issue, I noticed that the example nurse in the original project uses a shader called custom/xythtextureblend3. However, I found that whether I export that nurse model as a .unity3d file and place it in the test module folder, or I adjust the previous model's shader to the NurseNancyTemplate_X LOD0 material shader and then replace the npcnurse model in the 0-XNPCCore, the model fails to load correctly in both cases. The models that fail to load correctly all turn into a blob of white light. I'm not sure what went wrong. So, for the previously imported models, I used the MToon shader for the material, and although it could load correctly into 7 Days to Die, some models would have a layer of glowing on the surface after switching the material shader to MToon. Therefore, I want to know how to make the NPC model load properly into 7 Days to Die without using the MToon shader.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The model is loading, but you either have a shader issue, like one made for a different pipeline, (you need Builtin Pipeline compatible shaders) , or a lighting issue.