NPCMod and Addons

xyth

As with above, here is another small update for 1-OaksHeadHunters.

1-OaksHeadHunters have been updated as follows:

• Spawning is performed through its own unique Add On Pack spawning.xml group to layer on top, rather than compete with existing spawning (This ensures existing populations will not see atrophy in volume).
  • spawning.xml groups consist of a Day and Night version with a slight increase in night spawns maxcount or respawn delay based on biome.
  • While these entities have been hooked up to appear in the cities, it is opposite to how default does it. They will get a token gesture appearance. They primarily appear in the wilderness. Adding more zombies on top of existing town and city zombies will simply flood the battle arena and cause issues for questing and performance.
  • ≥90% spawning of throttling 'none' entity to maintain spawn balance.

18 minutes ago, marbu said:

Can someone please replace the Cook and Nurse? they look horrible.

Just as many folks like these "classic" characters.  They are basically reference characters for modders to build newer characters.  The idea is modders can easily stop these characters from spawning and just use the characters in expansion packs.  I am considering updating the Baker and Nurse with higher poly models, but my current priority is to get the cores ready for Stable release.

I downloaded the latest version of SCore and XNPCCore but whenever I spawn an NPC they don't have any AI. They just hover as if they're falling and don't attack anything

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, tboyd14 said:

I downloaded the latest version of SCore and XNPCCore but whenever I spawn an NPC they don't have any AI. They just hover as if they're falling and don't attack anything

Confirmed issue with latest score build  <Version value="1.0.29.1609" />  TFP changed how traders spawn and thats the basis for spawning NPCs.  So bug.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Pushed B333 version, build 1.0.6   (Now V1.0 Stable)

B333 update
Made adjustments to controller and xml to try to minimize occasional insta getup from ground.  Still some odd hit reactions at times.
Added zombies to bandit targeting
cleaned up remaining entitybandit class references
Increased NPC ranged accuracy on horizontal plane, decreased some incremental multipliers and standardized ammo damage (9mm = 5, 5.66 = 10)
Let me know how this plays, ranged hits more often especially if you stay still, but damage is much less per hit.   Seems more exciting.

Just wondering, because I do want to use the bandits, is there a way to decrease the amount of DPS they do to you? I still feel like the majority of the time you almost get insta killed when they spot you. Unless I'm going about it the wrong way?

I reckon you're going to notice a bit of a change on the update from 1.0.6 which carries into 1.0.7

For example, the 9mm was doing 10~12 damage per hit and that drops to 5 for the lower tier weapons.

The 7.62 was doing 20 damage per hit and that drops to 10 for the pipe rifle and 5 for the pipe machine gun.

Since they have also seen a bit of reduction in aim capability, it will potentially reduce the amount of hits received.

Similar values had been tested with the Wasteland since some of the POIs have a few NPCs on towers and multiple shots were coming in from different directions.
This reduced the amount of instant player deaths, and gave time to make a retreat and recuperate.

It made early levels a lot of fun since it was dangerous out there but not instantly deadly.

Cool, then I will try it out now and see how I like the changes. 

If I wanted to reduce the dmg of the NPC's gun what folder is that value in and where can I change it? 

PS. On the "DarkSoldiers" is that text supposed to show up even though they are enemies and we can't hire them?

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

Got a bit of an issue...

Summary: No AI controlled entities apart from Traders spawn, this includes animals and zombies.

Game Version: V 1.0 (b333)

Platform: PC

Video Settings: Ultra / Custom

Game mode: SP

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any other mods? Yes and no. (same result regardless of other mods)

EAC off?  Always.

Bug Description: Nothing that requires an AI spawns. It makes clearing POIs trivial since you just have to successfully move to the final loot trigger to have it register as a cleared POI for missions.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: Install the mod with all V1.0 addons except the two dino packs, the western pack, the aussie pack, and the tribute pack manually into the Mods folder.

Actual result: Nothing that requires an AI spawns.

Expected result: Everything to work as described in the description of the mod...

Here are all the red errors from the console when trying to load the save:

2024-07-25T23:57:13 111.522 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2_NPCXSpiderPack_ColonyExpansion" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='animalSpider01']"  (line 4 at pos 3)
2024-07-25T23:57:13 111.861 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'entityclasses.xml' failed
2024-07-25T23:57:13 111.864 EXC Did not find 'extends' entity 'animalSpider01'
  at EntityClassesFromXml+<LoadEntityClasses>d__1.MoveNext () [0x00175] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass51_0:<loadSingleXml>b__4(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

2024-07-25T23:57:14 112.757 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'entitygroups.xml' failed
2024-07-25T23:57:14 112.757 EXC Entity with name 'animalSpider01Mini' not found
  at EntityGroupsFromXml+<LoadEntityGroups>d__0.MoveNext () [0x001c6] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 

2024-07-25T23:57:14 113.339 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'gamestages.xml' failed
2024-07-25T23:57:14 113.339 EXC Error loading gamestages.xml: Spawner 'zombieArlene', gamestage 1: EntityGroup 'zombieArlene' unknown! (line 294 at pos 5)
  at GameStagesFromXml.ParseSpawn (GameStageDefinition gsd, GameStageDefinition+Stage stage, System.Xml.Linq.XElement root) [0x0005e] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at GameStagesFromXml.ParseStage (GameStageDefinition gsd, System.Xml.Linq.XElement root) [0x0006d] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at GameStagesFromXml.ParseGameStageDef (System.Xml.Linq.XElement root) [0x00058] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at GameStagesFromXml+<Load>d__2.MoveNext () [0x00079] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 

2024-07-25T23:57:16 114.754 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'spawning.xml' failed
2024-07-25T23:57:16 114.755 EXC Entity spawner 'Dog_Sm_Territorial' contains invalid group ZombieDogGroup
  at EntitySpawnerClass.Init () [0x00099] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at EntitySpawnerClassesFromXml.LoadEntitySpawnerClasses (System.Xml.Linq.XDocument _spawnXml) [0x00214] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 
  at WorldStaticData+<LoadSpawning>d__35.MoveNext () [0x00017] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0 

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it. Looks like the Spiders mod had no files in the zip when I downloaded it, so it was glitching out because I had the Spider POI mod, but no Spiders for the mod to load, and it was killing the entire AI system entirely.

Edited by BTGbullseye
Possible reason for the error? (see edit history)

21 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

Are any of the A21 Expansions working with 1.0?

The v1.0 versions are posted, the older A21 versions likely will have issues

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, For4ger said:

Hello, in the new version of npc mod I didn’t find any options in the config folder, how can I turn off the appearance of cooks and nurses now?

Update 1.0.8 just pushed sorts this, be sure to unpack the .zip and include that little Mod into your Mods folder.

Added a .zip Mod to Options folder that if added will block spawning of Core human NPCs (Arramus)
Changed Mech spawning to use new system
Removed Spider pack, now incorporated into Arramus's spider pack
Added the Stop Icon to starting items 

11 minutes ago, xyth said:

Update 1.0.8 just pushed sorts this, be sure to unpack the .zip and include that little Mod into your Mods folder.

Added a .zip Mod to Options folder that if added will block spawning of Core human NPCs (Arramus)
Changed Mech spawning to use new system
Removed Spider pack, now incorporated into Arramus's spider pack
Added the Stop Icon to starting items 

Thank you so much! 👍 

2 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Any chance you could make a version of this that is compatible with the Gears mod?

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4017

Would be nice, since the massive improvement to framerates cause by the Torch mod requires it, and it seems to block the escape menu NPC control menu button from displaying.

What isn't compatible? I play with the Gears mod and most of the NPCCore mods no problem. Try loading it first but after TFP's harmony mod? Thats how i have it and the core mods after, then dependency mods, then main mods. Seems to work ok that way.

On 7/29/2024 at 6:50 PM, MrSamuelAdams said:

So you don't need both spider packs anymore just "1-NPCXSpiderColonyExpansionPack" because before you needed both, that has been removed? 

Correct

3 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Any chance you could make a version of this that is compatible with the Gears mod?

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4017

Would be nice, since the massive improvement to framerates cause by the Torch mod requires it, and it seems to block the escape menu NPC control menu button from displaying.

It is compatible, as far as I know.  How is it not?  I tested with gears and SMX and it worked fine. 

2 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

We have DarksZombiez & DarksSoldierz spawning, but the regular NPCs such as the Baker & nurse aren't spawning. Never had this issue before. Any tips to try to get them going?

I noticed this too, just thought I haven't seen them yet.