A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

3 hours ago, xyth said:

Did you have an active quest in the game?  That might explain the need to reset

This update is unusual for the NPCCore as it involves the user interface, which hasn't changed in many alphas.  Your issue could be related to a broken quest, that got originally bugged due to the error this update prevents from happening.  Maybe removing that bugged quest will solve it, maybe not.  It could also be due to some other mod changing the UI as well.  I don't have any other ideas to offer.

I do not have an active quest. Yeah. I'm not sure what it is unfortunately either. If I do figure it out and can replicate it. I'll let you know. 

HI… Thank you for these Mods, They are great. I was successful playing this through my host server for A20 and A21 but once A21.1 was released my server is having issues with the new SCore and NPCCore file’s… When playing through Steam I have no issues but on my hosted server I get NO LOVE. I have updated to the latest version of SCore and even tried the original A21 but nothing. My server doesn't even start up.  I have reinstalled my server over 7 times; each time one I place SCore, NPCCore. My server doe snot come up. I have attempted several time to put all of the desired NPCMods in both the new User/Mods folder as well as the original in the common folder and the same on my server. Should the files go somewhere other than Mods folder? Any advise?

On 8/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, leotopk said:

I just updated the NPCmod to the newest version. And I realized there were many changes that I personally don't like. Is there a download link to the previous version?

i dont believe so, unless xyth can revert the latest changes there is only one download for stable this alpha, no experimental link

16 hours ago, Lustra1 said:

which Raider mod pack had the girl with the tattoos on her arms. She had a dialog voice, and sometimes she laughed. was she taken out of the NPC list ?

it was the survivors pack from a20, i have no plans to update any packs other than the ones i already have done for this alpha unfortunately

16 hours ago, Baggins said:

Hi. 
I would like to know if these bandits are involved? Or similar people who haven't changed yet and might attack me with a weapon or similar?

the raiderz and raidergurlz packs are bandits and will attack you, otherwise im not sure what you are asking?

On 8/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, OY64Life said:

HI… Thank you for these Mods, They are great. I was successful playing this through my host server for A20 and A21 but once A21.1 was released my server is having issues with the new SCore and NPCCore file’s… When playing through Steam I have no issues but on my hosted server I get NO LOVE. I have updated to the latest version of SCore and even tried the original A21 but nothing. My server doesn't even start up.  I have reinstalled my server over 7 times; each time one I place SCore, NPCCore. My server doe snot come up. I have attempted several time to put all of the desired NPCMods in both the new User/Mods folder as well as the original in the common folder and the same on my server. Should the files go somewhere other than Mods folder? Any advise?

NOTE: the SCore issues; This is part of the Web Console:

2023-08-25T00:59:04 40.713 INF Started thread GenerateChunks

2023-08-25T00:59:05 41.693 INF Calculating world hashes took 871 ms (world size 214 MiB)
2023-08-25T00:59:05 41.970 INF Loading dtm raw file took 1206ms
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HeightMapTunneler..cctor () [0x00038] in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SCore\Scripts\WorldGen\HeightMapTunneler.cs:18 
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'HeightMapTunneler' threw an exception.
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) WorldBiomeProviderFromImage.DMD<WorldBiomeProviderFromImage::InitData>(WorldBiomeProviderFromImage)
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorldFromRaw+<Init>d__16.MoveNext () [0x0040b] in <aa9c1f60dcc749c98d88a1474a3dbca4>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 

(Filename: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/0-SCore/Scripts/WorldGen/HeightMapTunneler.cs Line: 18)

On 8/23/2023 at 2:58 PM, Lustra1 said:

which Raider mod pack had the girl with the tattoos on her arms. She had a dialog voice, and sometimes she laughed. was she taken out of the NPC list ?

Might be Harley, she's in the NPCCore but only as a bandit.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, Baggins said:

Hi. 
I would like to know if these bandits are involved? Or similar people who haven't changed yet and might attack me with a weapon or similar?

Harley is a bandit, and spawns with either melee or ranged weapons.

12 hours ago, OY64Life said:

NOTE: the SCore issues; This is part of the Web Console:

2023-08-25T00:59:04 40.713 INF Started thread GenerateChunks

2023-08-25T00:59:05 41.693 INF Calculating world hashes took 871 ms (world size 214 MiB)
2023-08-25T00:59:05 41.970 INF Loading dtm raw file took 1206ms
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HeightMapTunneler..cctor () [0x00038] in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SCore\Scripts\WorldGen\HeightMapTunneler.cs:18 
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'HeightMapTunneler' threw an exception.
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) WorldBiomeProviderFromImage.DMD<WorldBiomeProviderFromImage::InitData>(WorldBiomeProviderFromImage)
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorldFromRaw+<Init>d__16.MoveNext () [0x0040b] in <aa9c1f60dcc749c98d88a1474a3dbca4>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 

(Filename: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/0-SCore/Scripts/WorldGen/HeightMapTunneler.cs Line: 18)

Might be a mismatch between the game version and the build of SCore,  A21.1 requires the A21.1 version of SCore.

SCore A21.1 is  causing my server to crash. Is everyone else using Steam to run this mod? When I use steam I have NO issues but when I attempt to load this onto my hosted server I have issues.  I cannot see my server any longer.  I have created several RGW worlds will all the same results... Nothing. Any advise? Is there an A21.1 before your last update. I believe the current update is A21.0.6, correct?

Message from my Host server agent.

"Unfortunately if the mod is not working and causing corruption then you would need to contact the mod creator"

I have been working over 7 days with my server to try to get these mods to play.  Again I had no issues with A20 or A21. I am unsure of what is happening. Is this no longer a Multiplayer Mod? Do I need to place the SCore and XNPCore if different locations on my host server?

I fear my only option is to say goodbye to NPCMods, but the interaction with the NPCs and Raiderz is what I like the most; not feeling so alone in the world. Even when playing with a few PPL  on  the server the fear of being attached at the trader or just down the street is a welcome change from Vanilla.

15 hours ago, OY64Life said:

SCore A21.1 is  causing my server to crash. Is everyone else using Steam to run this mod? When I use steam I have NO issues but when I attempt to load this onto my hosted server I have issues.  I cannot see my server any longer.  I have created several RGW worlds will all the same results... Nothing. Any advise? Is there an A21.1 before your last update. I believe the current update is A21.0.6, correct?

Message from my Host server agent.

"Unfortunately if the mod is not working and causing corruption then you would need to contact the mod creator"

I have been working over 7 days with my server to try to get these mods to play.  Again I had no issues with A20 or A21. I am unsure of what is happening. Is this no longer a Multiplayer Mod? Do I need to place the SCore and XNPCore if different locations on my host server?

I fear my only option is to say goodbye to NPCMods, but the interaction with the NPCs and Raiderz is what I like the most; not feeling so alone in the world. Even when playing with a few PPL  on  the server the fear of being attached at the trader or just down the street is a welcome change from Vanilla.

I test and play the NPC mod on a dedi which I manage, without any issues.  So do many other folks.  If you provide more information, perhaps we can help.  A server log would help, as well as the exact versions of both SCore and NPCCore you are loading.  It is very unlikely the NPCMod is the issue, more likely it is SCore, the version or perhaps you are uploading files you shouldn't upload.

You can also remove the obj folder before you upload to the server.  It is not needed to run the game and contains a .exe that the server might not like.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DrunkZombie said:

Is there any way to adjust npc spawn rates? I have DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly installed but would like to turn down how often they spawn.

Edit the entitygroups.xml file of that addon pack.

You will see something like:

<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
        npcGirlz01, 0.5
        npcGirlz02, 0.5

etc...

Change the values you find to a value at least 1/2 as much, in this case 0.25, or even less until you get the spawn rates as you like.

Which value do I change? 

<configs>
    <append xpath="/items">

<item name="DarksZombiezLoadHack01">
            <property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="missingIcon"/><property name="CustomIconTint" value="90ff90"/>
            <property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
            <property name="HoldingItemHidden" value="true"/>
            <property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder:Resources/DarksZombiez.unity3d?ParasiteZombieDark"/>
            <property name="DropMeshfile"  value="#@modfolder:Resources/DarksZombiez.unity3d?ParasiteZombieDark"/>
            <property name="Material" value="MresourceScrapIron"/>
            <property name="Weight" value="1"/>
            <property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <!-- STK resource -->
            <property name="EconomicValue" value="1"/>
            <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1000"/>
            <property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
        </item>
    </append>
</configs>

Think I had the wrong one... It's under the NPC Core correct? 

This one...

And I would change the "  <property name="DamageEntity" value="20"/>" to something like   <property name="DamageEntity" value="10"/> for example.. is that right?

<item name="gunNPCAk47">
            <property name="Extends" value="gunNPCSMG5"/> 
            <property name="RightHandJointName" value="AK47" />
            <property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,medRange,gun,barrelAttachments,reloadPenalty2,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,stock,magazine,drumMagazine,firingMode,bottomAttachments,attFortitude,perkMachineGunner,perkBookAutoWeapons,attachmentsIncluded,canHaveCosmetic"/>
            <property name="Meshfile" value="@:Other/Items/Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47Prefab.prefab"/>
            <property name="Material" value="MMachineGunParts"/> <property name="Weight" value="4"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunAK47"/>
            <property name="HoldType" value="32"/>
            <property name="SoundUnholster" value="weapon_unholster"/>
            <property name="SoundHolster" value="weapon_holster"/>
            <property class="Action0">
                <property name="Class" value="Melee"/>
                <property name="DamageEntity" value="20"/>
                <property name="DamageBlock" value="20"/>
                <property name="Range" value="1.65"/>
                <property name="Sphere" value="1.2"/>
                <property name="Delay" value=".8" /> 
                <property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh"/>
                <property name="Block_range" value="1.65"/>
            </property>
            <property class="Action1">
                <property name="Class" value="Ranged" />
                <property name="Range" value="25" />
                <property name="Auto_fire" value="true" /> 
                <property name="Magazine_items" value="ammoNPC762mmBulletBall" />
                <property name="Reload_time" value="0" /> 
                <property name="Infinite_ammo" value="true" />
                <property name="Single_magazine_usage" value="false"/>
                <property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />
                <property name="Sound_start" value="ak47_fire"/>
                <property name="Sound_loop" value="ak47_fire"/>
                <property name="Sound_empty" value="dryfire"/>
                <property name="Sound_reload" value="ak47_reload"/>
                <property name="Sound_end" value="ak47_fire_end"/>
                <property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash_ak" />
                <property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />
                <property name="DamageEntity" value="13"/> <!--  This is base damage per ray that hits) -->
                <property name="DamageBlock" value="13"/>                 
            </property>

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

Hmm... It doesn't seem like the vanilla game likes XNPCCore creating blocks and buffs. The whole game would fail to place the player in the world due to all of the blocks being skipped from the game. I've tested it out with and without SCore. 

2023-08-29T20:46:13 31.591 WRN XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod "0-XNPCCore" did not apply: <set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ConfigFeatureBlock']/property[@class='AdvancedNPCFeatures']/property[@name='AllEntitiesUseFactionTargeting']/@value"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2023-08-29T20:46:28 47.178 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
2023-08-29T20:46:28 47.181 EXC Could not find Extends block SpawnCube
  at BlocksFromXml.CreateProperties (System.String extendedBlockName, System.String excludedPropertiesList) [0x0001f] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at BlocksFromXml.ParseProperties (System.Xml.Linq.XElement elementBlock) [0x0000a] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at BlocksFromXml.ParseBlock (System.Boolean _bEditMode, System.Xml.Linq.XElement elementBlock) [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at BlocksFromXml+<CreateBlocks>d__0.MoveNext () [0x000c2] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass52_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

What do you think went wrong here? EAC is off and it's a clean install. Or does the game need to have an Overhaul of the vanilla game?

3 hours ago, PrydeZealot said:

Hmm... It doesn't seem like the vanilla game likes XNPCCore creating blocks and buffs. The whole game would fail to place the player in the world due to all of the blocks being skipped from the game. I've tested it out with and without SCore. 

2023-08-29T20:46:13 31.591 WRN XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod "0-XNPCCore" did not apply: <set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='ConfigFeatureBlock']/property[@class='AdvancedNPCFeatures']/property[@name='AllEntitiesUseFactionTargeting']/@value"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2023-08-29T20:46:28 47.178 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
2023-08-29T20:46:28 47.181 EXC Could not find Extends block SpawnCube
  at BlocksFromXml.CreateProperties (System.String extendedBlockName, System.String excludedPropertiesList) [0x0001f] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at BlocksFromXml.ParseProperties (System.Xml.Linq.XElement elementBlock) [0x0000a] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at BlocksFromXml.ParseBlock (System.Boolean _bEditMode, System.Xml.Linq.XElement elementBlock) [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at BlocksFromXml+<CreateBlocks>d__0.MoveNext () [0x000c2] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass52_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__51:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

What do you think went wrong here? EAC is off and it's a clean install. Or does the game need to have an Overhaul of the vanilla game?

NPCMod requires SCore. If it isn't working with SCore properly installed then post the log from that. But that error is due to SCore not being there.

And use pastebin or something similar and post the full log, not just a snippet. Will makes finding the issue easier.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

10 hours ago, xyth said:

Edit the entitygroups.xml file of that addon pack.

You will see something like:

<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
        npcGirlz01, 0.5
        npcGirlz02, 0.5

etc...

Change the values you find to a value at least 1/2 as much, in this case 0.25, or even less until you get the spawn rates as you like.

Awesome, thanks.

13 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Which value do I change? 

<configs>
    <append xpath="/items">

<item name="DarksZombiezLoadHack01">
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="missingIcon"/><property name="CustomIconTint" value="90ff90"/>
            <property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
            <property name="HoldingItemHidden" value="true"/>
            <property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder:Resources/DarksZombiez.unity3d?ParasiteZombieDark"/>
            <property name="DropMeshfile"  value="#@modfolder:Resources/DarksZombiez.unity3d?ParasiteZombieDark"/>
            <property name="Material" value="MresourceScrapIron"/>
            <property name="Weight" value="1"/>
            <property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <!-- STK resource -->
            <property name="EconomicValue" value="1"/>
            <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1000"/>
            <property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
        </item>
    </append>
</configs>

Think I had the wrong one... It's under the NPC Core correct? 

This one...

And I would change the "  <property name="DamageEntity" value="20"/>" to something like   <property name="DamageEntity" value="10"/> for example.. is that right?

<item name="gunNPCAk47">
            <property name="Extends" value="gunNPCSMG5"/> 
            <property name="RightHandJointName" value="AK47" />
            <property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,medRange,gun,barrelAttachments,reloadPenalty2,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,stock,magazine,drumMagazine,firingMode,bottomAttachments,attFortitude,perkMachineGunner,perkBookAutoWeapons,attachmentsIncluded,canHaveCosmetic"/>
            <property name="Meshfile" value="@:Other/Items/Weapons/Ranged/AK47/ak47Prefab.prefab"/>
            <property name="Material" value="MMachineGunParts"/> <property name="Weight" value="4"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunAK47"/>
            <property name="HoldType" value="32"/>
            <property name="SoundUnholster" value="weapon_unholster"/>
            <property name="SoundHolster" value="weapon_holster"/>
            <property class="Action0">
                <property name="Class" value="Melee"/>
                <property name="DamageEntity" value="20"/>
                <property name="DamageBlock" value="20"/>
                <property name="Range" value="1.65"/>
                <property name="Sphere" value="1.2"/>
                <property name="Delay" value=".8" /> 
                <property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh"/>
                <property name="Block_range" value="1.65"/>
            </property>
            <property class="Action1">
                <property name="Class" value="Ranged" />
                <property name="Range" value="25" />
                <property name="Auto_fire" value="true" /> 
                <property name="Magazine_items" value="ammoNPC762mmBulletBall" />
                <property name="Reload_time" value="0" /> 
                <property name="Infinite_ammo" value="true" />
                <property name="Single_magazine_usage" value="false"/>
                <property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />
                <property name="Sound_start" value="ak47_fire"/>
                <property name="Sound_loop" value="ak47_fire"/>
                <property name="Sound_empty" value="dryfire"/>
                <property name="Sound_reload" value="ak47_reload"/>
                <property name="Sound_end" value="ak47_fire_end"/>
                <property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash_ak" />
                <property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />
                <property name="DamageEntity" value="13"/> <!--  This is base damage per ray that hits) -->
                <property name="DamageBlock" value="13"/>                 
            </property>

yes, edit the DamageEntity in Action0 and Action1, 0 being melee damage and 1 being ranged damage, for each type of weapon

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

So, not sure if this has happened to anyone else. 

I have not changed any mods I have installed since I started a new playthrough. 

I logged out last night, came on today. Now I am unable to interact with the trader? Worked fine when I started the playthrough yesterday and during the playthrough. 

This same thing has only ever happened when I tried to update NPCCore during a playthrough. I have not changed NPCCore at all with this playthrough. So confused why this would be happening?

I want to use NPCCore but issue and not being able to interact with traders keeps happening for some reason. 

Is there a bug or something that is happening causing this to occur, seems like the dialog box or something doesn't trigger :( 

NPC Core version -- <Version value="21.1.0.6"/>

SCore version -- <Version value="21.1.12.1115" />

___________EDIT_______

So I updated to the latest SCore. Didn't make a difference. 

What worked is...I few away to the other side of the map, came back, and was able to interact with the trader. 

Not sure this helps fix the issue. But something resets where you can talk again if you fly miles away and come back. 

So strange, not sure what is causing this bug, but it is really odd. 

If anyone can help to figure out the cause or what to do to stop it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)