A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

I actually didn't want to start a new game, but since I really wanted to have the NPC mod back, I did it anyway. In the A20 I could easily hire NPCs. I remember the baker, a soldier and some girl. Oh yeah, there were dogs and cats too.

Today I then generated a new map, installed all mods and addons and got started. I ran into Harlequin and she immediately fires at me.. that's how it must be..

Then I ran into two friendly NPCs. I spoke to her to see if the hiring would work. Do not do it. I only see the dialog that the dealers offer me. But nothing happens when you select it. The dealer is also displayed to me as an icon at the top.

Then I spawned the Baker and the Nurse via the Debug menu and F6. They have no option at all in the text field below. I can't find the soldier at all.

b15cc0765bc9b6f919abb1966062861b.thumb.jpg.6b64b4c6e3253bd4dee1a6e0062d7a92.jpg

The following is installed
0-SCore
0-XNPCCore
1-DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly
1-NPCX BirdPack

I think I have everything I need for the mod
Do I have to pay attention to something else or "adjust"

I use the  SMX Mod - not that makes the problems with the display of the options.

2nd problem.
1-NPCX BirdPack
There are no birds and nothing is displayed in the debug menu. If there should be any at all.

3. Question in general
If I want to install another addon, I don't have to start a new save, do I?

What do I have to do to ensure that everything runs correctly?

Thank you Sixx

3 hours ago, Sixx said:

I actually didn't want to start a new game, but since I really wanted to have the NPC mod back, I did it anyway. In the A20 I could easily hire NPCs. I remember the baker, a soldier and some girl. Oh yeah, there were dogs and cats too.

Today I then generated a new map, installed all mods and addons and got started. I ran into Harlequin and she immediately fires at me.. that's how it must be..

Then I ran into two friendly NPCs. I spoke to her to see if the hiring would work. Do not do it. I only see the dialog that the dealers offer me. But nothing happens when you select it. The dealer is also displayed to me as an icon at the top.

Then I spawned the Baker and the Nurse via the Debug menu and F6. They have no option at all in the text field below. I can't find the soldier at all.

b15cc0765bc9b6f919abb1966062861b.thumb.jpg.6b64b4c6e3253bd4dee1a6e0062d7a92.jpg

The following is installed
0-SCore
0-XNPCCore
1-DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly
1-NPCX BirdPack

I think I have everything I need for the mod
Do I have to pay attention to something else or "adjust"

I use the  SMX Mod - not that makes the problems with the display of the options.

2nd problem.
1-NPCX BirdPack
There are no birds and nothing is displayed in the debug menu. If there should be any at all.

3. Question in general
If I want to install another addon, I don't have to start a new save, do I?

What do I have to do to ensure that everything runs correctly?

Thank you Sixx

Ran into this very problem due to a UI mod.

Simple fix is to put 0- infront of the UI mods name to load it before the others.

The solder mod must be downloaded and add check front page here there called dark solders and dark cleaners.

The birds as far as i can tell are just mods on the vultures.

16 hours ago, Mendzen said:

Is this mod compatible with District Zero?
I installed the score, xnpccore, darkscleaners, darksraiders, darksSoldiers, and summonfoxfriend but none seem to be spawning. I assume it has to do with DZ removing all zombie spawns. I'm guessing I need to edit some xml files in order to get it to work.

no, it is not compatible with district zero

Just updated to A21, & of course, I had to have the NPCs. I am running into an issue I have never seen before though. I can't talk to them at all. I get the prompt, but nothing happens when I hit E, & they are attacking me. Lol! They run right past zombies to attack me. I'm used to that with the Raiderz, but I haven't even installed them yet. Lol. Any suggestions on what may be causing this issue. I would greatly appreciate it.

16 hours ago, Magnus33john said:

Simple fix is to put 0- infront of the UI mods name to load it before the others.

The solder mod must be downloaded and add check front page here there called dark solders and dark cleaners.

The birds as far as i can tell are just mods on the vultures.

Thanks fpr your answer :)

So if I understand that correctly, the UI Mod has to be in the directory above? I

t is currently sorted alphabetically.

So the first mod overwrites the second, the third... and the second the third etc..

So the directory structure is the load order from top to bottom?

Is it about the UI core and HUD mod or everything that belongs to these mods.

At the moment it looks like this (I put it at an angle to save space)

0da6c57110505fbfb121a5cd85e0040e.thumb.png.7fb10d188ccf38b009322c76e161a551.png

Can I simply change the directory names? I was never sure if that was a problem

for the mod or if it would still work.

Cool, one question. Is there anyway to just have bandits and not other survivors in the world? I would like to see bandits running around but I don't want other NPC's on my side, least not right now :D

Or would I have to just go through the entitygroups and remove any friendly's? 

Like example, in the "ZombiesAll" 

Just keep Harley and remove all Baker and Nurse entries. 

Would removing them from ZombiesAll remove them completely from the game?

Edit: Think it worked, I removed Baker and Nurse from the ZombieAll and don't have them spawning in anymore. 

I still have Harleys and the raiders I added as well. :)

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

Another BUG I just ran across, added just NPCCore and all vultures were invincible . 

Removed NPCCore back to normal. Not sure what's causing that in NPCCore just wanted to let you guys know. 

EDIT: I even went back to the older version from 3-4 weeks ago. Vultures are still invulnerable? 😕 Not sure what's causing this issue. 

6 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Another BUG I just ran across, added just NPCCore and all vultures were invincible . 

Removed NPCCore back to normal. Not sure what's causing that in NPCCore just wanted to let you guys know. 

EDIT: I even went back to the older version from 3-4 weeks ago. Vultures are still invulnerable? 😕 Not sure what's causing this issue. 

Just did a clean install of 7dtd, with only score and npcore added and killed some vultures. Likely some lingering modded files. If you are setting up a new modded game, always make sure you start with a clean install of 7dtd, which means that you also delete the game folder after uninstalling.

15 hours ago, xyth said:

Pushed 21.1.0.3 which has several A21.1 fixes.  Flying Foxes should also be fixed.  Still some Dedi issues related to weapon swapping and NPC inventory retention.  

Also, make sure you are on the right version of 7dtd, the latest npccore update looks like it is for experimental, not 21.0 stable.

I'm not sure if the current version is fully backward compatible with A21.0 stable, the current release was built on 21.1b6, and today I am testing for 21.1b12.  I should be compatible, but I just don't have time to test on every version.

Okay, current version of NPCCore requires SCore Version: 21.1.1.830

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Okay. 

Yeah then unfortunately I'll have to wait. Have quite a few mods that aren't updated for the latest version and was using the score and NPCCore for 21.0. 

So I'll hop back on and try NPCCore when I start a new playthrough. Just wondering if it's something from another mod that'd causing it. Which I wouldn't know. 

Thank you guys. 

On 7/31/2023 at 2:43 AM, Magnus33john said:

Have all UI and HUD mods in the loading order at the top, unfortunately

no change and no selection in the menus. The only thing that has changed

is that the dealer icon is no longer displayed and the selection field below

is completely empty.

Addendum: SMX HUD and UI removed - also no change. Dialog window remains

completely empty. Not possible to communicate with or to hire the NPC

Edited by Sixx (see edit history)

It's still likely any UI mod can break the dialog window.  We load NPCCore first so UI modders can make sure they don't break the one window we need to use.  Not sure what we can do to help.

1 hour ago, Sixx said:

Have all UI and HUD mods in the loading order at the top, unfortunately

no change and no selection in the menus. The only thing that has changed

is that the dealer icon is no longer displayed and the selection field below

is completely empty.

Addendum: SMX HUD and UI removed - also no change. Dialog window remains

completely empty. Not possible to communicate with or to hire the NPC

Like i mentioned above, you will have to start with a clean game install. Uninstall the game via steam, then delete the 7 days folder in your steamapps/common folder. Then you are safe to reinstall 7 days and add one mod at a time until something breaks. If something breaks then you will have to choose which modlets you want to keep or get rid of. I recently had a modlist for a21 that worked quite well and included npc mod, the server side zombies mod by arramus and oak, bdubs vehicles, izayos gun mods and a few others. General rule of thumb, overhauls will not work with modlets. Multiple modlets that add the same thing, like 2 weapons mods or 2 vehicle mods be suspicious of, but may work together. If an overhaul adds score, then it may be compatible with npc mod. Example, jax has included score in a21 ravenhearst, and maybe even npc mod cant remember, but that overhaul will then likely be compatible with npc mod. I just checked the files and yea, ravenhearst has score and npccore, so add on packs should work with it.

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

So yea, ravenhearst has the same issue with its own ui. I tested it out and the npcs spawn and work as intended with the exception of the dialog window, you cant hire the friendly ones. On a side note, if i do create any more npc mod packs for myself i will likely send them to xyth to post here.

I installed both score and npc core along with a few of the npc packs and when i try to upgrade wooden frame i get this error: {MissingMethodException: Method not found: int .Inventory.GetItemCount(ItemValue,bool,int,int)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) ItemActionRepair.DMD<ItemActionRepair::CanRemoveRequiredResource>(ItemActionRepair,ItemInventoryData,BlockValue)
  at ItemActionRepair.ExecuteAction (ItemActionData _actionData, System.Boolean _bReleased) [0x0065e] in <b0ff65aca48f483f8b4f2baaaa95d771>:0 
  at ItemClass.ExecuteAction (System.Int32 _actionIdx, ItemInventoryData _data, System.Boolean _bReleased, PlayerActionsLocal _playerActions) [0x00435] in <b0ff65aca48f483f8b4f2baaaa95d771>:0 
  at Inventory.Execute (System.Int32 _actionIdx, System.Boolean _bReleased, PlayerActionsLocal _playerActions) [0x00037] in <b0ff65aca48f483f8b4f2baaaa95d771>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PlayerMoveController.DMD<PlayerMoveController::Update>(PlayerMoveController) } anyone know anything about this? i dont think its any of the packs i think its either s core or npccore.

11 hours ago, Cyreso said:

I installed both score and npc core along with a few of the npc packs and when i try to upgrade wooden frame i get this error: {MissingMethodException: Method not found: int .Inventory.GetItemCount(ItemValue,bool,int,int)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) ItemActionRepair.DMD<ItemActionRepair::CanRemoveRequiredResource>(ItemActionRepair,ItemInventoryData,BlockValue)
  at ItemActionRepair.ExecuteAction (ItemActionData _actionData, System.Boolean _bReleased) [0x0065e] in <b0ff65aca48f483f8b4f2baaaa95d771>:0 
  at ItemClass.ExecuteAction (System.Int32 _actionIdx, ItemInventoryData _data, System.Boolean _bReleased, PlayerActionsLocal _playerActions) [0x00435] in <b0ff65aca48f483f8b4f2baaaa95d771>:0 
  at Inventory.Execute (System.Int32 _actionIdx, System.Boolean _bReleased, PlayerActionsLocal _playerActions) [0x00037] in <b0ff65aca48f483f8b4f2baaaa95d771>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PlayerMoveController.DMD<PlayerMoveController::Update>(PlayerMoveController) } anyone know anything about this? i dont think its any of the packs i think its either s core or npccore.

Yep running into the same problem unable to upgrade blocks with the current 0-SCore version currently only running Skyrim Lockpicking with 0-SCore. Started removing mods until I found that 0-SCore is the one at fault here.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: int .Inventory.GetItemCount(ItemValue,bool,int,int)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PlayerMoveController.DMD<PlayerMoveController::Update>(PlayerMoveController)

Edited by CrimsonKing
Forgot to add the error is it helps at all idk. (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Cyreso said:

This error likely means you are using the A21.0 SCore on A21.1    Try this SCore:  https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha21.1e

3 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yep running into the same problem unable to upgrade blocks with the current 0-SCore version currently only running Skyrim Lockpicking with 0-SCore. Started removing mods until I found that 0-SCore is the one at fault here.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: int .Inventory.GetItemCount(ItemValue,bool,int,int)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PlayerMoveController.DMD<PlayerMoveController::Update>(PlayerMoveController)

Same thing:  https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha21.1e

1 hour ago, gwydion62 said:

HI, i have an issue with 0-SCore...

I can't use the stoneaxe for building with left click after the new update from 7days unstable.

Deinstalled all mods - it's working. Installes 0-Score. Not working...

Any idea?

As mentioned above, make sure you are using the correct version of SCore for your game version.

On 8/1/2023 at 11:44 PM, xyth said:

It's still likely any UI mod can break the dialog window.  We load NPCCore first so UI modders can make sure they don't break the one window we need to use.  Not sure what we can do to help.

Oh that's a shame 😥
Well then I have to live without NPCs or just the enemy ones to have some variety. I don't do all the work to get it running. I want to gamble comfortably and not waste my time with testing and eternal new installations. As I wrote above, in the A20 I had a 200-hour game with 80 mods and was able to integrate the NPCs without any problems and had a lot of fun with it.

Well, then without now. Still a great mod 🍻

2 minutes ago, Sixx said:

Oh that's a shame 😥
Well then I have to live without NPCs or just the enemy ones to have some variety. I don't do all the work to get it running. I want to gamble comfortably and not waste my time with testing and eternal new installations. As I wrote above, in the A20 I had a 200-hour game with 80 mods and was able to integrate the NPCs without any problems and had a lot of fun with it.

Well, then without now. Still a great mod 🍻

Its on the list to change the dialog window so its less likely to get stomped on by the UI modders.  Stay tuned

2 minutes ago, xyth said:

Its on the list to change the dialog window so its less likely to get stomped on by the UI modders.  Stay tuned

The stupid thing is when two or more great mods collide, but you actually don't want to do without any of them 🫣