Server Problems on hosted Servers (Nitrado and Gportal)

Lizard

Be as concise as possible, e.g. what happened / is the problem, how did you get to that point.

I started hosting a server a few days ago on Nitrado and quickly run into Problems like constant server restarts and crashes till the point were it didnt start anymore. I thought that Problem was on my side and altered a few seettings here and there to see if I can get it running again but I was out of luck. I contacted the Support and they told me that with the new Alpha 20 build they had Problems on nearly all the Servers. I started using Gportal (another Serverhost) but I had exactly the same Problems. Thats why I came here to see if you guys can figure it out. 

Please provide full information on the game type. SP, MP local, MP dedi. If MP, are you hosting it, or is someone else?

Its 2 MP dedicated Servers that im hosting through Serverproviders.

Please state if you, (or the hosted server), are using any mods. Also state what they are.

I`ve ran into the same problems with or without mods. 

Nitrado Server: Trying to use the War3zuk mod on there with a pregenerated map.

Gportal: Im trying to use 18.4 Stable with Darkness Falls 18.4 Version with a DF pregenerated Map

Provide the log file of the game (see below)

Provide the log file of the server (if applicable)

Thats the link for the outputlog file from the Nitrado Server https://pastebin.com/VaLH37rJ 

Thats the link for the outputlog file from the GPortal Server https://pastebin.com/xHvtqf00

As you can see both have the same exact output at the end and both refuse to start and always have the same output.

Information wise that wasnt always the case: yesterday I had a problem with one Server refusing to even trying start with no outputlog whatsoever.

Hi

My server had the same behavior as you described (Hosted on Gameservers).  Someone nice on the discord server suggested that the swap file/page file was too small.

i contacted the support and within minutes, they augmented my memory (didn't mentioned the swapfile) but now, i can reboot my server fine and i haven't got a crash since this change.

Hope that helps.

On the Nitrado server, your GameName is either empty or has invalid characters and so config file won’t load which may/may not be the issue.

I’m not being a jerk here but you need to set up your server FIRST as a vanilla server and see if you have the same server reboot issues. If vanilla runs properly, then you add one mod at a time to figure out which mod is causing issues. Once you figure out which mod is causing your server restart, you should contact the author of that mod to have them help you get your server up & running with their mod. Mod authors are available in the Mods section of the forums and may not be monitoring the General Support forum you’re posting in. There are way too many vanilla servers running perfectly fine from both of those server providers for this to be a 7 Days issue, your issue has to be a mod issue so your best source of help will be those mod authors.

13 minutes ago, Star69 said:

On the Nitrado server, your GameName is either empty or has invalid characters and so config file won’t load which may/may not be the issue.

I’m not being a jerk here but you need to set up your server FIRST as a vanilla server and see if you have the same server reboot issues. If vanilla runs properly, then you add one mod at a time to figure out which mod is causing issues. Once you figure out which mod is causing your server restart, you should contact the author of that mod to have them help you get your server up & running with their mod. Mod authors are available in the Mods section of the forums and may not be monitoring the General Support forum you’re posting in. There are way too many vanilla servers running perfectly fine from both of those server providers for this to be a 7 Days issue, your issue has to be a mod issue so your best source of help will be those mod authors.

I saw that also and changed it already I had  a  `  in the GameName. But sadly that didnt help either.

Its totally fine to state this and you are not a jerk for pointing that out. I had the Server Setup as Vanilla as I stated above that didnt help either. And I never said that this is a 7days Issue. I pointed out both Server Hosters were replying to me that the Issue is from the Game not from them. Never said I think that too. The Problem is this is a Overhaul so all the mods come in 1 folder and the Author mentioned in Github that the files need to be installed together in order to work. The last tip is quite helpful thanks for that will try and post it there; first time here.

52 minutes ago, Azmo said:

Hi

My server had the same behavior as you described (Hosted on Gameservers).  Someone nice on the discord server suggested that the swap file/page file was too small.

i contacted the support and within minutes, they augmented my memory (didn't mentioned the swapfile) but now, i can reboot my server fine and i haven't got a crash since this change.

Hope that helps.

I contacted the Support yesterday over Phone they said they will do something today. I hope that it gets done and I will get back to you and tell you if it worked. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ok so running into a problem setting up a password using gportal for my 7 days to die dedicated server. I go into gportal and set a password and save. But when i go to join the server in game it loads without asking for a password and when i go back to gportal the password section is empty. Anyone know what is going on and why i can't save a password for my server?

2 hours ago, littlemacD said:

Ok so running into a problem setting up a password using gportal for my 7 days to die dedicated server. I go into gportal and set a password and save. But when i go to join the server in game it loads without asking for a password and when i go back to gportal the password section is empty. Anyone know what is going on and why i can't save a password for my server?

That is something you'll need to take up with G-Portal support. It's an issue with their interface.