POI names vs. generic name

Spatch

15 minutes ago, Spatch said:

I have 3 quests for skyscraper 01, 02, and 03.  Does anyone know what they really are?  I'd like to do crackabook if I could.

Does anyone know if/when TFP will modify these names so they aren't so lame?

They are not lame.    What is "Crack a Book Headquarters" in Portuguese?  Japanese?  German?  Well(meaning correctly) written software internally uses "codes" such as skyscraper_01 and then LATER localizes that value for each different language, something that is far more likely to be done once ALL of the various POI's are added(which I believe there more that will likely be added in the next release or two of A20, and possibly some in A21, though I hope they are all done).   

For the record: 

skyscraper_01 = Dishong Tower

Skyscraper_02 = Crack a Book

Skyscraper_03= Higashi Tower

Skyscraper_04= Joe Brothers Builders

and for the record, you can open DM mod and use the POI teleporter, enter the code to filter, and LOOK at the POI if it's in the world you want.   You can also do the ummm Editing Tools->Level/Prefab Editor or World Editor to do similar things.

14 hours ago, Mahnogard said:

Here's an A20 prefab list where you can search for the ingame name and then see what they are. 01 is Dishong, 02 is Crack A Book. https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/prefabs.html

Didn't know about that website but this is so helpful. Have always been looking for a convenient way to check out new randomly generated maps before wasting dozens of ours on it just to find out its layout sucks. That map renderer tool is awesome!

4 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Didn't know about that website but this is so helpful. Have always been looking for a convenient way to check out new randomly generated maps before wasting dozens of ours on it just to find out its layout sucks. That map renderer tool is awesome!

It really is a great tool. Lately it's been rendering the water in the wrong orientation for some reason. I haven't had a chance to check the git to see if it's known or needs to be reported though. But everything else is spot on, and it's very useful. I like checking the trader distribution, and to make sure that there are cities with the new downtown areas in most of the biomes.

Edit: I've just discovered that the water orientation is only an issue if you use the renderer before actually playing on the map. Once you've loaded into the map in game, you can load it into the renderer again with the additional files the game creates and the water is correctly oriented. 

Edited by Mahnogard (see edit history)