Cracks?

Rotor

Stupid question, I am sure.

Do these puddle with water after a rain storm?  Just wondering since they are on the map gen, and I have seen some in high mountains where one would think water would puddle after a storm.

New to the game and just feeling my way through.

Regards,

Rotor

The rain is nothing more than a graphical effect for the player, it affects nothing in the world aside from obscuring our vision.

The devs have a water overhaul planned for A21 (subject to change), and I'm not sure what that all means. Does it mean different speeds of currents? Better textures? Rain to be improved and effect the world? Water to properly level if bucketed? It could mean anything regarding water.

So perhaps what your wondering could be true in the future, but as of now it's not.

9 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

The rain is nothing more than a graphical effect for the player, it affects nothing in the world aside from obscuring our vision.

You still get wet, so that's not entirely correct, although the effect the rain has does slant heavily to the cosmetic. For example, It's not like crops grow faster because of, or in spite of, the rain.

9 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

The devs have a water overhaul planned for A21 (subject to change), and I'm not sure what that all means. Does it mean different speeds of currents? Better textures? Rain to be improved and effect the world? Water to properly level if bucketed? It could mean anything regarding water.

I could be wrong, but isn't this about tuning what is essentially individual blocks of water into an 'complete water object', allowing the game to properly handle the dynamics of fluid motion? If that is the sense then your "levelling of water" suggestion should be addressed. As I say though, I could be wrong and they are just wanting to make it look better.

15 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

I haven't seen the "natural" crevices fill with water from rain, but the little drain ditches on the sides of the road do!

That would be awesome but no, they do not fill with rain water now. The bits you see with water in them were generated that way when the map was made.