Alpha 20 Impossible to generate new worlds

Sandor

15 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

tried finding what you posted for me and either im not seeing it or i dont have any whatsoever

Then your game shouldn’t work at all. There are files critical to running the game in the 7DaystoDie_data folder. If you truly have no files in there, try to verify your game files. Can you do that or do you need instructions??

On 1/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, Sandor said:

Latest news about this issue.

Nothing I tried worked. The problem remained the same. But suddenly today I had an idea. I started trying to generate a new world but again was impossible so I erased everything. Then I downloaded alpha 19 stable and generate a new world. It worked (as has always done with all alphas).

So again, I erased everything and I downloaded again alpha 20 stable. And of course, generated a new world and you know what? It worked. EUREKA !!!

I dont understand anything. But now it works

I understand the frustration it can cause the fact you cant generate  new worlds. I could only play in navezgane and the 3 pregen worlds. 

What can I say for sure is that my 7daystodie_data folder had log files (and others). I play through steam.  

I am not sure what happened in my case but I have observed that at the same time the generated world problem was solved other little things have happened. For example previously stumps never dropped honey. Suddenly after the problem with gen worlds was solved they started dropping honey. Not sure if they have introduced little patches that have solved the problems.

I am not an expert but I would say you erase everything (including the launcher), download alpha 19 and try to generate a new world (it should work). Erase everything again and download alpha 20 stable. There should be files in your 7daystodie_data folder

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

Then your game shouldn’t work at all. There are files critical to running the game in the 7DaystoDie_data folder. If you truly have no files in there, try to verify your game files. Can you do that or do you need instructions??

instructions would make things much easier as i have no clue where to find most critical files because i dont liek poking around in them last time i did that i had to do a complete reinstall of my game

Many instructions are in the pinned topic at the top of the forum: 

As for instructions on how to verify your game files, from Steam Library, right click on 7 Days to Die and select Properties. From that pop up, select Local Files and click the button Verify Integrity of Game Files and follow the instructions. If there are missing or corrupted, Steam will automatically attempt to replace necessary files. If it finds no issues, then you were looking at the wrong folder for your log file. Again, your log file will be called output_log followed by the date of the log so an example would be: output_log_2022-1-10_19-00-00.txt which would be an output log for today at 7pm. This log will be in the following location:

whatever drive your games are installed, so for example "C: Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/Common/7 Days to Die/7DaystoDie_data folder. In that folder you should find your output logs as well as 3 folders named Managed, Resources and Plugins plus about a dozen or so files including app info, boot.cfg and others. The game ALWAYS puts a log file in this folder unless you have specifically told the game not to. A file is created each and every time you attempt to start up the game even when it isn't successful. The log contains information on every step the game software takes in loading and playing the game and also lists each and every error related to the game.

23 hours ago, Star69 said:

Many instructions are in the pinned topic at the top of the forum: 

As for instructions on how to verify your game files, from Steam Library, right click on 7 Days to Die and select Properties. From that pop up, select Local Files and click the button Verify Integrity of Game Files and follow the instructions. If there are missing or corrupted, Steam will automatically attempt to replace necessary files. If it finds no issues, then you were looking at the wrong folder for your log file. Again, your log file will be called output_log followed by the date of the log so an example would be: output_log_2022-1-10_19-00-00.txt which would be an output log for today at 7pm. This log will be in the following location:

whatever drive your games are installed, so for example "C: Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/Common/7 Days to Die/7DaystoDie_data folder. In that folder you should find your output logs as well as 3 folders named Managed, Resources and Plugins plus about a dozen or so files including app info, boot.cfg and others. The game ALWAYS puts a log file in this folder unless you have specifically told the game not to. A file is created each and every time you attempt to start up the game even when it isn't successful. The log contains information on every step the game software takes in loading and playing the game and also lists each and every error related to the game.

LMFAO stupid me i was looking in the wrong spot XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...