Helping a friend that gets random disconnects

stueck0514

Looks like he’s getting kicked by EAC, the anticheat program. I don’t understand that error, maybe someone else will chime in. If it’s a private server for you and your friends, just turn off EAC on the server and see if that solves his issue.

from one of your paste bins:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Specular' - All subshaders removed
WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
WARNING: Shader If subshaders removal was intentional, you may have forgotten turning Fallback off?
ERROR: Shader Legacy Shaders/Bumped Specular shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Specular' - All subshaders removed

WARNING: Shader If subshaders removal was intentional, you may have forgotten turning Fallback off?

Looks like OS/hardware woes.

What OS friend has?

What hardware?

Is this a laptop?

I take it back.

2021-12-28T17:34:06 1423.432 INF NET: LiteNetLib: Client disconnect from: 86.138.168.133:61108 (Timeout)

This to me suggests connection issues. Which COULD trigger problems with steam authentication, which could result in VAC validation failure, as Star69 suggested.

Run 10000 pings to 8.8.8.8 on friend's computer and see if there is a packet loss.

1 hour ago, dimko said:

from one of your paste bins:

ERROR: Shader Legacy Shaders/Bumped Specular shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)

Looks like OS/hardware woes.

Shader warnings are usually harmless and I would guess the worst that could happen would be that the player sees orange shapes in his world. But I could be wrong here, I am not an expert on Unity

1 hour ago, dimko said:

What OS friend has?

What hardware?

Is this a laptop?

I take it back.

2021-12-28T17:34:06 1423.432 INF NET: LiteNetLib: Client disconnect from: 86.138.168.133:61108 (Timeout)

This to me suggests connection issues. Which COULD trigger problems with steam authentication, which could result in VAC validation failure, as Star69 suggested.

It could also just be the result of the server throwing out the client because of EAC violations or something else.

1 hour ago, dimko said:

Run 10000 pings to 8.8.8.8 on friend's computer and see if there is a packet loss.