Suggestion: The "paint" on the roads, should be looted as paint, not rock..

ricp

I like to decorate, and while paint is easy enough to get hold of (scrap a dye), especially if you can find a Savage Country somewhere, to make paint you need the chem bench which is normally locked until some time into the game (esp with A20's all broken benches - something I agree with, btw).

I am absolutely positive I can make the amend myself in the configs, but I really think those lines should return paint - after all that's what they are IRL - even if it is a simple 1 to 1 ratio.

59 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

How do you recover paint from a road and reuse it? Never seen it done.

If we are talking real life, you'd melt it off the road with some sort of burner. It's not really reclaimable, although I suppose due to the material it is and the material it's attached to, you could technically "peel it off". In that sense it'd probably be closer to plastic than paint.

In terms of the game, it's rock you get from the road markings just now and the truth is we have no need for a new source of rocks in the game. Paint? Sure, I could do with some more paint. It's entirely cosmetic, so doesn't influence the balance of the game at all.

7 hours ago, Mahnogard said:

You can now make paint in the campfire with only a cooking pot. 1 chrysanthemum and 1 murky water for 100 paint.

Oh, right, that's interesting to know. It was previously only on the chem bench and used oil.

I still think the road markings should return paint, if anything, just seems more logical than stone.