Alpha 20 b231: PoI Skyscraper_01 roof area causes game to crashes

Silver0Scale

When I was doing the tier 5 quest which required me to Retrieve and Clear the skyscraper_01 I encounter this gamebreaking bug. Every floor is normal, except the roof. When I reach the roof and hit an entity (zombie or vulture) my game crash to desktop without an error message.

I restart the game and continue but it instantly crashes afterward. Then I can't start up my save without crashing to desktop. Previous before patch on Alpha 20 I was able to fight on the roof without trouble but after the patch the bug surfaced.

Afterward I restored my backup save and encounter the same crashes when I debug myself up to the roof. The same happen after I validated my game. Then I create new game(different seed, different biome) and teleport myself onto the roof of skyscraper_01. After hitting the sleeper zombie(or simply aggregate them) I start crashing again. Every other skyscraper perform as normal only skyscraper_01 crashes for me.

Step to replicate bug: (be aware doing this might brick your save game so do it on new game save)
1. F1 to activate console
2. dm to activate debug mode
3. teleport to skyscraper_01 via menu
4. Q to godmode/noclip toward the roof
5. either enter the roof normal and trigger the zombie horde or hit a zombie on top of the roof.
6. move around the roof and it would crashes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Game Version: Alpha 20 b231 (Experimental)

Log for the crashes(this one is in new save file and debug mode): https://pastebin.com/Dz0QcPwz

Edited by Silver0Scale (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Silver0Scale said:

When I was doing the tier 5 quest which required me to Retrieve and Clear the skyscraper_01 I encounter this gamebreaking bug. Every floor is normal, except the roof. When I reach the roof and hit an entity (zombie or vulture) my game crash to desktop without an error message.

I restart the game and continue but it instantly crashes afterward. Then I can't start up my save without crashing to desktop. Previous before patch on Alpha 20 I was able to fight on the roof without trouble but after the patch the bug surfaced.

Afterward I restored my backup save and encounter the same crashes when I debug myself up to the roof. The same happen after I validated my game. Then I create new game(different seed, different biome) and teleport myself onto the roof of skyscraper_01. After hitting the sleeper zombie(or simply aggregate them) I start crashing again. Every other skyscraper perform as normal only skyscraper_01 crashes for me.

Step to replicate bug: (be aware doing this might brick your save game so do it on new game save)
1. F1 to activate console
2. dm to activate debug mode
3. teleport to skyscraper_01 via menu
4. Q to godmode/noclip toward the roof
5. either enter the roof normal and trigger the zombie horde or hit a zombie on top of the roof.
6. move around the roof and it would crashes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Game Version: Alpha 20 b231 (Experimental)

Log for the crashes(this one is in new save file and debug mode): https://pastebin.com/Dz0QcPwz

i got the same exact issue 

5 hours ago, Star69 said:

Try either turning off dynamic mesh or set it to claim block. It’s helped a few people with issues around skyscrapers.

Nope. Didn't work, it was not an issue caused by fps tanking, as I said, previously (before patch b231) I was able to fight on top of the skyscraper but after the patch the issue appears. So something must have change.

EDIT: Apparently the latest update (b233) fix it? I guess as I can get into my broken saved file.

Edited by Silver0Scale
b233 released (see edit history)