Telrics A20 Modlets (Updated Horses mod: 01/18/2023)

Telric

2 hours ago, dronf said:

Is the sleeping mod incompatible with the Undead Legacy modpack?  I see the sleepiness %, but crouching on a bedroll does nothing.  Thanks!

Im not sure. I've never tried that mod. Are you getting any errors or warnings on load up?

15 hours ago, Telric said:

Im not sure. I've never tried that mod. Are you getting any errors or warnings on load up?

No warnings pop up, and I don't see any red text in the F1 messages.  The mod does let you pick up beds found in the world, and plop them down as a respawn point, so perhaps it changed something in how beds work enough to interfere with the sleeping mod.

7 hours ago, dronf said:

No warnings pop up, and I don't see any red text in the F1 messages.  The mod does let you pick up beds found in the world, and plop them down as a respawn point, so perhaps it changed something in how beds work enough to interfere with the sleeping mod.

I tried downloading UL and couldnt get it to run. I followed the A20 steps to install, but it won't load up a navesgane map. Just stops responding. Here's something you can try though:

Get into a new game, one you don't care about, and place a bedroll. Go into DM through the F1 menu. Hit F3 and check the ply button. That will bring up some information on the right side. Get into CM through the F1 menu and search for "sleepingCVarTester". This is what I used to test when making the mod. Right click will give you +100 sleepiness. After right clicking, step on the bedroll and see if you get the "buffIsSleeping" in the top right information panel.

If you're not getting that buff, then there is something blocking the buff from being applied. If you are, but the cvar isn't counting down, then it's something to do with that somehow... Without being able to test it myself, I kinda will need to get you to test some stuff to figure it out.

17 hours ago, Telric said:

I tried downloading UL and couldnt get it to run. I followed the A20 steps to install, but it won't load up a navesgane map. Just stops responding. Here's something you can try though:

Get into a new game, one you don't care about, and place a bedroll. Go into DM through the F1 menu. Hit F3 and check the ply button. That will bring up some information on the right side. Get into CM through the F1 menu and search for "sleepingCVarTester". This is what I used to test when making the mod. Right click will give you +100 sleepiness. After right clicking, step on the bedroll and see if you get the "buffIsSleeping" in the top right information panel.

If you're not getting that buff, then there is something blocking the buff from being applied. If you are, but the cvar isn't counting down, then it's something to do with that somehow... Without being able to test it myself, I kinda will need to get you to test some stuff to figure it out.

image.png.601cb57c7975a49a564c628defc96113.png

Hi Telric, thanks for digging in to this!  I used the tester item to go to 100% sleepiness, set time to night, placed bedroll, and crouched on it.  The only change in the buff list was the obvious addition of "buffcrouching".  In the creative menu I saw that there are multiple bedroll IDs, the default one the modded game gives was bedrollblockvarianthelper, so i spawned a plain ol bedroll, and still did not receive the buffIsSleeping.

2 hours ago, dronf said:

Hi Telric, thanks for digging in to this!  I used the tester item to go to 100% sleepiness, set time to night, placed bedroll, and crouched on it.  The only change in the buff list was the obvious addition of "buffcrouching".  In the creative menu I saw that there are multiple bedroll IDs, the default one the modded game gives was bedrollblockvarianthelper, so i spawned a plain ol bedroll, and still did not receive the buffIsSleeping.

Seeing as you're not getting the trigger buff, it looks like something is clashing with the block xml. It's not allowing the buffswhenwalkedon to trigger. You could try renaming my mod to ZZZTelricsSleeping so it will load last. Youll have to change the folder name as well as the mod.xml content's name. If UL already has buffs being triggered from the bedrolls, mine might be loading before, making it so the block never receives that info. See if that will work.

2 hours ago, dronf said:

Actually just looked, and indeed UL uses a /set xpath on the bedroll. This will nullify any appends that are loaded before it, which would be mine (T comes before U in ABC order...) so it's loading my stuff, but then when UL gets loaded up, it's erased because it uses a /set. Renaming my mod to come AFTER UL will fix the issue.

6 minutes ago, Telric said:

Actually just looked, and indeed UL uses a /set xpath on the bedroll. This will nullify any appends that are loaded before it, which would be mine (T comes before U in ABC order...) so it's loading my stuff, but then when UL gets loaded up, it's erased because it uses a /set. Renaming my mod to come AFTER UL will fix the issue.

That did it! Thanks!  I renamed the folder, as well as the name of the mod within the XMLs and was able to sleep.

1 minute ago, dronf said:

That did it! Thanks!  I renamed the folder, as well as the name of the mod within the XMLs and was able to sleep.

Awesome! I'll add a notice in the forum post about this change to get it working with UL. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MasterGod said:

i cant figure out why fishing is not working in my server, clients have the mod, server too, everything works but we can't obtain fish or baits, i can spawn them with creative but seems the loot is not working in 20.1 stable

As we talked on the discord (just doing this for the forum readers), at the moment, there is an issue with multiplayer and gameevents, which is what I use to give the bugs and fish. Only the host will be able to get these items. Any clients connecting to the host will be able to fish, but not actually catch any fish. Same with the bugs. They can kill the bugs, but will not receive any in their inventory. Until there is a fix from TFP, fishing will only work for the host on MP.

1 hour ago, Telric said:

As we talked on the discord (just doing this for the forum readers), at the moment, there is an issue with multiplayer and gameevents, which is what I use to give the bugs and fish. Only the host will be able to get these items. Any clients connecting to the host will be able to fish, but not actually catch any fish. Same with the bugs. They can kill the bugs, but will not receive any in their inventory. Until there is a fix from TFP, fishing will only work for the host on MP.

Isn't there another method that could be utilized, such as buffs? just throwing it out there...

29 minutes ago, ktrain said:

Isn't there another method that could be utilized, such as buffs? just throwing it out there...

This one already uses buffs and such. There's another modder that does the fish up a block, place and loot to get the fish, but with these game events, its more fluid. Works great in SP, just MP isn't triggering the events yet.

21 hours ago, Telric said:

......MP isn't triggering the events yet.

Does this mean the patch fixes this mod for MP servers?

:

Hello Everyone!

This weekend we have a small patch for you fixing the NRE for "celebrate" kills.

We also have a fix for falling turrets in here.

This patch is expected to go stable on Monday. 

You can look forward to a meatier patch again with A20.3!

A20.2 b2 Changelog

Fixed

Null Ref when killing enemies with celebrate on
Turrets falling through blocks
CallGameEvent would not work on servers for clients
Edited 11 hours ago by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, ktrain said:

Does this mean the patch fixes this mod for MP servers?

:

Hello Everyone!

This weekend we have a small patch for you fixing the NRE for "celebrate" kills.

We also have a fix for falling turrets in here.

This patch is expected to go stable on Monday. 

You can look forward to a meatier patch again with A20.3!

A20.2 b2 Changelog

Fixed

Null Ref when killing enemies with celebrate on
Turrets falling through blocks
CallGameEvent would not work on servers for clients
Edited 11 hours ago by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

From the sounds of it yes, of course will not know if I need to change things on my end when the patch comes out. If they change how the game events for MP are called or something. But it should be fixed with that patch! Yay!

21 minutes ago, Baron Blackbird said:

Howdy,

I'm fully at 5/5 for Demolition Expert, however the quality of Flamethrowers I make is 11.

Leaving me to wonder what the flamethrower is based on the since it reads it is based on this - Demolition Expert Perks.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I just tested and was able to make all of the tiers. Tier 11 stuff isn't in vanilla, so it must be one of those mods that go up to 600 or something? If so, when you get to level 20 stuff it might change quality to tier 2. If not, then there's something else being changed in that mod.

10 hours ago, Baron Blackbird said:

Howdy,

As a follow up, the level of the Flamethrower in the Darkenss Falls mod seems to be based off Master Scientist (which adds 10 levels) & the Gun Crafting Perk.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I've never played darkness falls..

• 2 weeks later...

The bugs seem to be flagged as hostile. I'm using NPC mods and the NPCs attack your bugs.

The bugs seem to be flagged as hostile. I'm using NPC mods and their NPCs attack your bugs.

The bugs seem to be flagged as hostile. I'm using NPC mods and their NPCs attack your bugs.