Weird game save issue

jubylives

To start off with i drive a truck. Home in the weekends. During the week I play offline.  Never had an issue until A20.  I started a game day one offline.  Got to day 8 and got home. Turned the game on but my character is starting from scratch level 0 but was on day 8.  Started another game while home and now offline and same thing happened. Anyone have an idea what's going on and how I can stop this?  This issue has made this unplayable.  

14 hours ago, LadyMargaret96 said:

Hey I'm having the same issue except mine is day three. https://pastebin.com/uU6EJ4pT this is my pastebin of the output log file if anyone can comb through it. 

Your FPS seems too low, the game needs a minimum 20 FPS or it will get into trouble with all sorts of update tasks getting out of sync. I can't say whether this is the source of your problems, but I would guess this needs fixing anyway.

Try to turn off shadows and reflection, decrease resolution, the usual.

21 hours ago, jubylives said:

To start off with i drive a truck. Home in the weekends. During the week I play offline.  Never had an issue until A20.  I started a game day one offline.  Got to day 8 and got home. Turned the game on but my character is starting from scratch level 0 but was on day 8.  Started another game while home and now offline and same thing happened. Anyone have an idea what's going on and how I can stop this?  This issue has made this unplayable.  

Post your log file using pastebin and we can take a look and see if the cause is noted in there.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jubylives said:

Sorry but I'm old and I don't even know what that means.  Happened to me again tho after this last update.  Back to level one but on day 38.   

In the General Support forum there is a pinned topic explaining how to do this stuff. The only way to figure out what is wrong with your situation is to get a look at your output log file. That log records every step the the game performs from start to finish and also records errors that make the game not run as expected. From the errors, someone can usually tell you why your game is not working correctly. Here is a link to that pinned thread:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/3956-how-to-report-an-issue-please-read-before-creating-new-threads/

Okay, looks like EOS(Epic Online Services is not connecting. EOS is new in A20 and is a service that allows cross platform playing. It is there to support in the future xbox, playstation and pc folks all playing together. The error you are getting is usually caused by your antivirus/antimalware software blocking the connection. Whatever antivirus you are using (including Windows Defendor), open the software and there should be a section in there where you can exclude your 7 Days game folder from being scanned. If you are having trouble doing this, another pinned thread, about halfway through, SylvenThunder gives instructions for doing this with some of the common antivirus software. Once the exclusion is in place, hopefully your game will play. Of note, it is not good enough to just turn off your antivirus. Many antivirus still do some work while turned off so you must use the exclusion. Here's the link for the antivirus exclusion steps:

SUPPORT FAQ: Information and Common Solutions - General Support - 7 Days to Die

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)