A20 Mod Changes

Astralweaver

I haven't Updated to A20 experimental yet, before I do I wanted to ask people in the modding community if there have been any major changes to mods. If there has I would like to fix my current mod list before trying A20, meaning editing the necessary changes and such so they work correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want to not use the current mods and prefabs that I have because it is so far just the way I want it.

Thanks!

Best thing to do is to delete all your mods, and only install ones that have been updated for Alpha 20.

Some might be okay, but there are enough changes that an Alpha 19 mod could break your game.

Other than that, you would need to look at each mod individually to see which ones would still work properly.

I'm not sure that's possible, Astral: There are now some 47 files in the Configs folder, inc. three XUI folders - all or any one of them potentially impacting our mods. If you read my own "help me" post above - eight of the nine files in Bdub's Dirt Bike had to be changed, and I still haven't fixed it. A20 now includes connectivity to "Twitch", allowing others to view your game as you play: all of the /loot/lootcontainer id=XX " now have a new attribute (name ="  something ")   added on: the grouping system is shuffled around as well, and that's only one file. The high-end mod overhaul makers - like Khaine, Jax, et al - are making and publishing as we write, so all is not lost, but it's going to take some time, work and patience before the dust settles.
In the interim - if I may suggest - you could backup (cut/paste) your existing 7D2D folder, then switch the game up to A20 Experimental -and play it for a while, making a new Mod folder, and adding in a few of your old A19 mods. If they work - bonus! If not, well - check with the author - he or she might be inclined to make their mods compatible.  Take a look at Jax's A20 mods on this site - some are very good and work just fine.

Good luck!

Thanks guys I am totally ok with fconverting mods my self been doing it since A16 updating them to A17, A18 etc. I was more looking for what paul was saying about loot Id and new attributes etc.  I just couldn't find a thread that stated what he just stated. Thanks for the suggestion Paul also did that with A17, A18. I was just kind of hoping I wouldn't have too this time:)

Hi Astral

There are also items that were removed: moldy bread, snowberry, grainalcohol.
Weapons and their scheme: marksmanrifleT2, blunderbus and their ammunition.
Dirt bike I just had to fix the loot group and it works.
The other modifications I have fixed (problems with loot, items and block files), some of A19 still work.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Yeah loot containers went from ID to names, so anything involving those will have to be updated, along with the massive changes to the block file.  And that doesn’t include any changes they might have made to the underlying code.

If you have already been converting them, then you are already ahead of the game as you know how they work.