The Fun Pimps needs to understand something..

saoron666

On 12/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, saoron666 said:

and i play on warrior setting.

If you think its too easy, you should play on insane, try the feral sense options or tweak the zombie day speed.

you can also adjust loot abundance and other things to your liking.

I play the game on Insane difficulty and tweak nightmare running at night. i sometimes adjust the loot abundance down to create my perfect post apocalyptic scenario. and that makes the game hard enough for me.

I also have my own permadeath rule, so if i die i start a new game. 

you can`t play on "easy mode" and complain about the game not being challenging enough. 

TFP have made a difficulty system that keeps on being challenging even in late game stages, unlike games like fallout where it`s challenging in the beginning and you become invisible late game. so i like how they tackle difficulty in this game.

If more sliders where put in place to configure the game to the players liking that would solve a lot of the issues around difficulty without the hassle of editing the xml yourself. For example trader slider to select the amount or turn off completely, game stage difficulty and/or overall item quality. I don't mind editing the settings myself but it shouldn't be something we need to do to get the experience we once used to have in my, and most of my friends opinions.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, saoron666 said:

finding a wrench from start makes the game also very easy from start... 

being able to run to the desert or snow area butt naked or with plant fiber  gears makes it too easy.. 

infinite torch makes it easy to run around also in snow area or night time..

Uhhhh... no offense but this sound mental.   torches, wrenches, and plant fiber clothes make this game too easy?

6 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Uhhhh... no offense but this sound mental.   torches, wrenches, and plant fiber clothes make this game too easy?

Well if you have a wrench you pretty much instantly gain access to several extremely useful resources as well as the ability to basically infinitely produce and maintain pipe guns.

And the current iteration of the pipe weapons are pretty over tuned ( pistol and smg specifically are way to good for how easy they are to make)

And being able to survive in the desert and snow biomes without protective gear effectively means you can use the new game stage multiplier to effectively skip straight past early game  since you will instantly start getting loot that you would probably not see until several days into  a fresh start. 

And with said pipe weapons , surviving the zombies in the snow / desert biomes is not actually that difficult.

This is simply a case of there needing to be a larger gate on the pipe weapons  and the exposure system being more lethal to people who have not found at least some appropriate clothing. 

And I am inclined to agree with this.  Hell even if you do not exploit the game like he did , you can still have multiple low quality t2 weapons  (specifically pistols.. they are mega common even on the first few days)

and ammo from questing is still so plentiful that you really don't need to make ammo still.

And its also very very easy right now to skip whole tiers of tools and weapons.  getting quality 4 items is sub level 10 possible. 

Honestly I kinda miss how the old weapon component system ensured that guns were actually rare and valuable. 

I also wish that more of the item tiers were find only.  no real point in finding all of these quality 1 -3 items if you have people making those items before day 5. 

Although now that I think about it that is more an issue with how the current system is far too generous with awarding quality upgrades per point invested in a skill. 

Edited by saltychipmunk (see edit history)

6 hours ago, saltychipmunk said:

Well if you have a wrench you pretty much instantly gain access to several extremely useful resources as well as the ability to basically infinitely produce and maintain pipe guns.

And the current iteration of the pipe weapons are pretty over tuned ( pistol and smg specifically are way to good for how easy they are to make)

And being able to survive in the desert and snow biomes without protective gear effectively means you can use the new game stage multiplier to effectively skip straight past early game  since you will instantly start getting loot that you would probably not see until several days into  a fresh start. 

And with said pipe weapons , surviving the zombies in the snow / desert biomes is not actually that difficult.

This is simply a case of there needing to be a larger gate on the pipe weapons  and the exposure system being more lethal to people who have not found at least some appropriate clothing. 

And I am inclined to agree with this.  Hell even if you do not exploit the game like he did , you can still have multiple low quality t2 weapons  (specifically pistols.. they are mega common even on the first few days)

and ammo from questing is still so plentiful that you really don't need to make ammo still.

And its also very very easy right now to skip whole tiers of tools and weapons.  getting quality 4 items is sub level 10 possible. 

Honestly I kinda miss how the old weapon component system ensured that guns were actually rare and valuable. 

I also wish that more of the item tiers were find only.  no real point in finding all of these quality 1 -3 items if you have people making those items before day 5. 

Although now that I think about it that is more an issue with how the current system is far too generous with awarding quality upgrades per point invested in a skill. 

The gates for certain materials and supplies are not strongly kept for a reason.  I am pretty sure that TFP want people to enjoy their ENTIRE theme park, more so than to scrutinize every single tedius and ultra realistic aspect of personal and individual expectations.   Despite this list of personal issues, you can trim your own settings.  Trimming settings is also part of the game and I feel the amount of complaint posts don't bother to address that element enough.  And yes, the act of gathering resources makes the game easier.  That's very likely working as intended, and its been easy to get a day1 wrench for quite a while now.

The pipe pistol honestly I don't think is very good.  Its pretty and the animation is fun to watch, but the damage is garbo if you play on anything past medium difficulty.

If you're sticking to a single pipe weapon in your hotbar, I don't think people are utilizing the resources of the game much.  And then when people have 3 or more, they think that the game is just too easy.  I want people to pick a lane, and stop wasting threads about how this game doesn't live up to the plethora of personal wants and needs.

And ducking into the Snow and Wasteland biomes with nothing on, then I would posit this playing is purposely gaming the system for its faults.  It's something I might even do, but after playing a wasteland series in A19 - holy crap - go ahead and roll the dice because you won't be able to stay there for long.

I'm kinda over the whole gated or not gated content argument.  A flurry of these saltposts fly in during every experimental phase, and people also seem to forget its experimental.  A lot of folks don't seem to realize that experimental phases means were the guinea pigs.  And if that's true, expect that things are not going to stay the same even over time.   A lot of these issues can be solved by just being patient for the micro changes that get implemented in patches.

As a side note, I was watching a streamer just last night load up a bunch of mods and things to make the game super hard, with massive hordes and low levels of loot, and they were miserable and hadn't even managed to get through an entire day without dying ten times in as many minutes.

If that's what a small vocal minority think is fun, please consider that not everyone wants that.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

On 12/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Roland said:

But playing it to the point that you get burned out before it is ever done is something only you can control. :)

As an example, I've only put around 50 or so hours into the game since the release of A17.