Dualsense Controller not working in-game

AXDaily

Hi everyone! I recently purchased 7DTD but I just can't seem to get my controller working in the game. I'm using a Dualsense controller (PS5) and I'm running a MacBook Pro M1 (Big Sur 11.5.2). I've asked around a bit and a few people suggested that the game just doesn't support Dualsense yet. Is that true? Is there a way to fix it or will there be support for Dualsense in the future?

You can try using the native input option.  I cannot imagine that there will be any support for a controller that released after a major build. It's kind of hard to support things that didn't exist when the core game was being developed.

Maybe there will be support for it in a20 or a future release. However if it requires much extra in the code to support it, you will probably have to wait until someone makes 3rd party emulator software that converts it for the games. Like the DS4Windows software.

5 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

You can try using the native input option.  I cannot imagine that there will be any support for a controller that released after a major build. It's kind of hard to support things that didn't exist when the core game was being developed.

Maybe there will be support for it in a20 or a future release. However if it requires much extra in the code to support it, you will probably have to wait until someone makes 3rd party emulator software that converts it for the games. Like the DS4Windows software.

Thank you for your kind response! Unfortunately I don't have the option to use "native input". It doesn't show in my launcher, any idea how I can enable it?

8 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

According to Sony, the DualSennse on the mac only supports games that are streamed from the PS5.

See here.

Thanks for the info! Nevertheless, the controller works for quite a lot of games but 7DTD. So I'm guessing the game just doesn't support it.

2 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

This was suggested as a fix https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

We certainly do support ps5 controllers, but after googling a bit a lot of people are complaining about a lot of their games not working with this mac. Fixes greatly vary, I'd try reading suggestions and see if one works for you.

Thanks for your input! I do have Rosetta 2 installed but it still doesn't work..

@AXDaily

Hmm well did some digging and I'll bring this up in a soon meeting just in case it's something we can look into, but here's a steam post with a lot of people doing work arounds and discussion: Mac Silicon M1 Big Sur Controller Support Workaround :: Steam for Mac (steamcommunity.com)  Skip the first link in the first comment, that's for non-M1's.

Some people got stuff working some didnt, maybe you can find a solution there. Evidently this is a widespread problem with a lot of games on Steam, so perhaps it's on Steam's end. I'll see if I can find out either way.

1 hour ago, Jugginator said:

@AXDaily

Hmm well did some digging and I'll bring this up in a soon meeting just in case it's something we can look into, but here's a steam post with a lot of people doing work arounds and discussion: Mac Silicon M1 Big Sur Controller Support Workaround :: Steam for Mac (steamcommunity.com)  Skip the first link in the first comment, that's for non-M1's.

Some people got stuff working some didnt, maybe you can find a solution there. Evidently this is a widespread problem with a lot of games on Steam, so perhaps it's on Steam's end. I'll see if I can find out either way.

Amazing, thanks for your help! Unfortunately after reading all the comments I don't feel any smarter. It's definitely a widespread problem and it seems like one person commented that he was able to use a controller because the developer "Feral Interactive" provided him with a plist file and asked him to add it to the game folder. Now that makes me wonder if something similar would be possible for 7DTD. I believe the problem here really lies with Steam but just maybe there's a workaround that the developers can help with. Keeping my hopes up, thanks for your Help @Jugginator