Compass localisation

Титан

I suggest you to localise "N S W E"  letters (in russian it will be "С Ю З В")

OR I suggest you to not localise these letters in trader's quest, because in a trader's quest I see "223m Ю", and in the compass I don't see "Ю" and I have no idea which direction it is 😃

12 hours ago, meganoth said:

This may be stuff for a bug report

But that don't really a bug, rather, there are shortcomings in localization, it's just that the textures are not localized, and the compass is a texture (as I see it). But if the compass cannot be localized, then it is better to remove the localization of the cardinal directions from other texts, such as trader quests

Edited by Титан (see edit history)

Whether bug, shortcoming, balance problem or faulty localization, it will all usually follow the procedure that a tester will check if it really is something that should be fixed and then put into a big list of things to fix. If you need a better word, just call the "bug section" of the forum the "fix section" from now on and suddenly it will all make sense 😁

On 8/10/2021 at 2:21 PM, warmer said:

why does this matter when you have a waypoint on the map? are people actually using just the compass to find the location of a quest marker?

Sometimes it`s useful to see the distance to a mission. I would rather have more control over the elements of the HUD in the game menus. For example, if someone is not a fan of having XP bar, water, and food stripes might have the option to disable them. The other possibility is to check nutrition by clicking a one shortcut button to see the accurate status on the HUDs screen. For me it would be great to have a wider compass with 360 degrees numbers or division, such change could immensely help me to communicate with friends. To make things more hardcore and realistic in a good way, the player could draw the compass out of his pocket or check the watch for a precise hours in order to build tension and a climate of horror instead of having everything on the screen. Just some ideas or things that I`ve encountered in many other games.