"I can't find 19.5 in the betas tab!"

Alpha 19.5 went stable on May 28th, 2021.  That's five weeks ago today.  These are all comments made to the announcement on Steam.

How to update ah, why can't I update

Is anyone else having issues with 19.5 stable not showing up on the list? It still shows me experimental. I'm trying to play darkness falls but it wants 19.5 stable and that isn't an option for me on the list. Any clues on what I need to do. Thank you

Anyone have any idea why I can't get the 19.5 option?  The last one in my list is 19.4 even after updating steam

How do i enable aplha 19.5 stable? i dont see it in the beta tab.

I can't seem to get my game to update to this stable release and I don't understand why?

What happened to the update i can't see it.

I'm not getting the update 19.5

I checked the beta version still 19.4

Need help.. Thank you

Alpha 19.5 Stable is not displayed in the Beto version list What to do? The latest displayed version of Alpha 19.4 Stable, although many servers are already playing on New 19.5 Help

why cant i see the 19.5 version ?

...I would appreciate some help from someone who may actually know something on how to fix this.  I've done clean install.  Checked the beta tabs for both the game and my dedicated server and the most recent available opt in is the 19.4 stable.  I'm genuinely at a loss on what is left to do here. 

Thanks so much.

it's June 2nd and my game won't update to 19.5, it is stuck at 19.4. What am I doing wrong?

my steam account is not updating 19.5. i have tried to sign out of steam, to up date the clients and no download is showing. can anyone help

ːsteamsadː

I love this game but I'm new to playing early access titles...Does Steam update my game to 19.5 stable? Or do I just completely not understand how this works?

Thanks!

@7daystodie The Stable 19.5 are not showing up in Betas. Also the Last experimental version not showing up

how to have the update 19.5 it is not displayed in the folder

I've done what the instructions say to OPT in and it does not show in the drop down menu... whack.

19.5 is not showing up in my beta list on steam

i for some reason dont have access to 19.5?

So. when i do the normal thing to update 7D2D to the next version.. the List in the betas tab Does Not show 19.5 Stable , it only shows 19.4 stable as the latest version available...  am i missing something or is there a kerfuffle with Steam?

19.5 not showing as a available download/update? Only 19.4 shows in the list? What should I do?

I can't seem to switch betas to 19.5 it isn't there for me

when it will be updated -_- I am not receiving this update.

How come 19.5 does not show up in my beta list?

So why isn't this showing in my list of versions to select from?????

im stuck with alpha 19.4 and i cant get past any help plz

19.5 will not appear in my betas. What to do?

I don`t have the option to update to 19.5 stable in the beta drop down list?

please asssit.....

Not for me. Any one else having the issue where it is not in the drop down list on the beta tab?

its not showing up on properties for me plz halp

How can I get the 19.5 stable? Because the last version on betas is 19.4.. do not have the 19.5 option

i cant find the version 19.5 Stable to download on the Beta Tab

I still don't have the option to download or play 19.5. Big sad.

I do not see the latest alphas to download, only 19.4 and the previous ones appear to download .

please i need help

I only see the version 19.14 as the last one in Steam, how do I fix this?

I can't access 19.5. its acting as if it is unavailable....

I do not see 19.5 Stable on the list and my game shows I am 19.4 Stable. What am I missing?

That's a rate of more than one post a day, where a user needs help because they can't figure out how to play 19.5.  There's been confusion on this for a long time.  And anecdotally, I think it's gotten worse and worse with every alpha, as more people discover the betas tab and opt in to experimental versions of the game.  Each of these actual comments are likely representative of untold others that aren't commenting, but are likewise stuck on a past version and can't figure out how to play 19.5.

1. Would it be possible to change policy to just include the latest stable release in the list of betas?  I know it's not a beta.  I know from a development standpoint it makes no sense to put it among the betas.  But it's just not clicking for a lot of people.
  2. Could @The Fun Pimp include a note in every announcement of a stable build, that players need to opt out of all betas in order to get it?

I know this is easy to dismiss, that people should know better or know how to search.  But it's hard to deny that under the current standard operating procedure, this is a frequent problem among the player base.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

Maybe if they just added a "beta" option that was "most recent release" regardless of whether it was an experimental build or whatever.  An option that would always be there (at least until the game hits 1.0) so that people can set it and forget it if they always want to be playing the most recently released version.

I figured it out...

If your steam settings are set to "always keep this game updated" - then it will install the latest update file, which would be the unstable version. 

Mine installed without me selecting the new patch. The key is to keep or switch the Beta to none. When you run the game the build will show in the top right corner. 

Changing the automatic updates to "only update when I launch" may list the latest experimental under the beta tab, but I do not know for certain if that is the case. 

A simple solution for the fun pimps would be to show what the Build ID for each beta is in order for people can check it on the update screen. 

Edited by Sa2can (see edit history)