Prefab import

Okay, I'm slow and not working well and everything I've found shows alpha 18 anywhere I've searched.

Is there a way or guide to how to import a prefab into a world in alpha 19.4? Halp! Please.

I have made several prefabs now, but I don't know how to actually pull them in now that the prefab k button has been removed.

45 minutes ago, Wycked1999 said:

Okay, I'm slow and not working well and everything I've found shows alpha 18 anywhere I've searched.

Is there a way or guide to how to import a prefab into a world in alpha 19.4? Halp! Please.

I have made several prefabs now, but I don't know how to actually pull them in now that the prefab k button has been removed.

What type of world?  Existing or new game?

6 hours ago, Wycked1999 said:

Existing world - world editor

A world you want to generate - 

Kinggen - follow the instructions included in the kinggen thread

Rwg - Add the prefabs to the prefab list in the rwgmixer.xml then generate world thru vanilla rwg. Make sure prefabs are in the games prefab folder

Nitrogen - follow instructions in nitrogen thread.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Here's a tip for advanced users:

The prefab files aren't forced to go into the game's "Prefabs" folder. You can make a modlet that has its own "Prefabs" folder and put them in there. You can then make a "Config/rgwmixer.xml" file that appends the prefab names.

This is what the "modlet" version of CompoPack does. I installed that modlet, and it works exactly as desired.

I haven't tried this myself, but I'm pretty sure you can place these prefabs using the World Editor, just like vanilla prefabs.